Scratch on left bumper. a bit paint drop.To repair or ignore

Johnson28

For bumper i not sure. Got once I scratch my side mirror paint, can be seen quite obvious. My friend recommend me to his usual mechanics and he patched it up for 45 bucks. Uncle really nice. Only disadvantage is I have to wait 2-3 hours to patch for that spot only

Neutral Newbie

depends on your char....for me I can't stand any scratch or paint peel...will go respray straight. Other ppl i know of wait till a few more scratches b4 workshop

Neutral Newbie

bros.

what do you normally do if it happens

heard touchup a bit is hundreds of dollars

got money then repair lor... why wait? normally it requires to spray the entire bumper.

Dear all,

Can help to advise? Based on the amount of damage (scratch across the entire circumference above the left rear wheel), will you leave it or respray since metal is exposed (risk of rust?)? Thanks.

post-54601-0-83133500-1479001351_thumb.jpgpost-54601-0-21549700-1479001361_thumb.jpg

Dear all,

Can help to advise? Based on the amount of damage (scratch across the entire circumference above the left rear wheel), will you leave it or respray since metal is exposed (risk of rust?)? Thanks.

attachicon.gifIMG_3101.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_3103.JPG

I think yours is a new Car,spray it...whole panel...

Dear all,

IMG_3101.JPG IMG_3103.JPG

I'd respray: buy new car, make yourself happy.

Don't agonize over a few hundred dollars.

Next time, drive more carefully.

I think do touch lor, cheap and don't affect the original paint, if it is original at all.

For me, I would wait for another accident to come lor ........ heeee ...... or another OWNSELF damage OWNSELF lor ...... if there is once, there is twice and then there is THRICE lor .......  One shot do.

Ever a car bang my car, need to claim.  So the other driver said that there is ALREADY another dent from another bang or whatever.  I said, sure, I would not claim de , we let insurance decide lor.  Heee ...... the question remain, how to fix the car without fixing that dent lor.

The last man FIX ALL.

Dear all,

attachicon.gifIMG_3101.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_3103.JPG

Dear all, thanks for your advice. Most likely will respray as worried about rust and thought touch up will not look nice. Main concern is not about $ but rather affecting the original paint for the whole panel when it's only the edge that's affected. 

i very chin chai one. 

my present car has peeling lacquer on the paint on the bumper only. very very obvious. every time when someone looking at my car in front, the unsightly peering lacquer marks will attract their attention first. but still it doesn't bother me at all. for me, life is simple, dont make it complicated for little thing like this. this type of thing will not bother me. but of course, to each his own.  [:p]

• Praise 1

Dear all, thanks for your advice. Most likely will respray as worried about rust and thought touch up will not look nice. Main concern is not about $ but rather affecting the original paint for the whole panel when it's only the edge that's affected.

Try polishing/waxing, some of the dark patches sometimes can be removed... else respray loh
↡ Advertisement