Road Trip to JB - Enforcement started!!!

Ticklish8

Went in this morning. They started enforcement since 2 days ago according to petrol station that i visited. Here is the poster that they posted. Take note

post-31960-1261184636_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

If enter JB with 3/4 tank full...

Then how much actually can be filled up which also have to depend on car makes and petrol tank sizes.

Let say fill up 1/4 tank estimated at 20 litres...does it still worth to go in JB for petrol??

no english....i don't understand....if pump more and the station never stop me than it is their sole responsibility liao lor...did you see any english version around....

Neutral Newbie

i don't understand. what if they did not put up notice, would you had risked pumping more than 20l?

Edited by Reys

no english....i don't understand....if pump more and the station never stop me than it is their sole responsibility liao lor...did you see any english version around....

u sounded confident.

but if they want to give you trouble, u'll be the one crying.

I'm sure that will work. Please try it and keep us informed :)

ignorance is never considered a defence in the law.....

it depends...of course if someone kills someone but saying that he does not know it is wrong to kill....well obviously ignorance don't really stand....but if someone went to a foreign place where within 10km radius...there isn't a sign or any indication that informed smoking is not allow...he lit up a cigarette and get caught...can ignorance become a defence? I think it is rather obvious correct?

i was in jb last night about 3am. include mine only 3 cars at esso, all SG cars.

notice the other 2 cars take forever to pump.....

Did not notice any notice, in fact i never even walk to counter to pay as i pay using credit card at the pump.

imho, just pump and go. 1/4 tank or 20L is still worth the effort with 1L is about $0.80 vs $2

In SG, 20L is about $40, whereas in JB $20 (include causeway toll) Save 50%

Just the trouble and time taken to go in. If very free ppl like me, don't mind and actually enjoy driving and makan there, I see no harm.

it depends...of course if someone kills someone but saying that he does not know it is wrong to kill....well obviously ignorance don't really stand....but if someone went to a foreign place where within 10km radius...there isn't a sign or any indication that informed smoking is not allow...he lit up a cigarette and get caught...can ignorance become a defence? I think it is rather obvious correct?

well i am not a lawyer, but I then suggest you go read some statutes. Unless the way the law is written specifically allows for lack of knowledge as a defence (as in for example, indecent exposure) then "ignorance is not a defence".

Having said this of course, laws are enforced by humans, so in you example - perhaps the offender is given the benefit of the doubt and let of with a warning. This does not mean that the law wasn't broken, but rather that its not being enforced. A subtle distinction, but an important one none the less.

↡ Advertisement