Went to visit Pinnacle@Duxton showflat today

Yr1985

Wanted to see the infamous skybridge, but was led to a show flat undergoing reno at 44th level. It is suppose to be a 4 room unit at 95 sq meters. I realized the kitchen is half the size of normal HDB bedroom, all the bedrooms are 3/4 of the size of the normal HDB bedroom too. In fact the bedrooms are so small that the owner hack one of the walls to combine the master bed room and one of the bed room. The living room is kind of squarish and real compact size. There's also a mini service balcony which has built in poles for hanging clothes, the length is also 3/4 our normal tekko. There were a few others there visiting and even comment that the bedroom size like a maid room.

The good points are of cos central location and real nice unblock view of harbor and city. Amenities like NTUC, hawker, market, coffee shop, roti prata, shopping centers etc. They will need all these cos people would spent most of their time out instead of in the house. It's after all a HDB make to look like a condo and sell high like a condo.

I was thinking of trying my luck on BTO flats at Queenstown. Forget it.

↡ Advertisement

The presentation from HDB for the show flat seemed to be very sexy.

The location is also another plus point.

However, the size and pricing are just not worth it. imo~

Nevertheless, there are still heaps of applicants.~ :)

The presentation from HDB for the show flat seemed to be very sexy.

The location is also another plus point.

However, the size and pricing are just not worth it. imo~

Nevertheless, there are still heaps of applicants.~ :)

Sexy? Wat a way to describe, but looking at your nick, I am no more surprised.

dats y i go for resale in mature estate..no way will i go for new estate..

Tat area not new estate leh, anyway I feel the same as you. I reach home just now, feel that I am content with my 104 square meter four room, though my unit can see the city landscape, only much further away.

dats y i go for resale in mature estate..no way will i go for new estate..

Tat area not new estate leh, anyway I feel the same as you. I reach home just now, feel that I am content with my 104 square meter four room, though my unit can see the city landscape, only much further away.

Ppl who can afford such flats usually dun stay in them and they dun care how large it's. They juz buy them so that they can rent it out to whoever wants to rent and dan earn money from there.

Nowadays new BTO or HDB flats are very small in size too..... But a newly HDB built by private developer which cost 600k is too much lah...

Usually pple who go for this kind of flat is just for investment or buy n rent.... So small. U come back already sian. Just another bird cage

Now a day HDB flat like that one. i mail in to ask. guess what is the reply. see below.

HDB understands the desire of some families to have bigger flats for various reasons. However in land scarce Singapore, we need to balance the aspiration for bigger flats with the reality of our land constraints. We need to optimise land use in the design of new flats taking into consideration the trend of family size and the need to ensure affordability of our flats. Hence, we stopped building new Executive flats.

If you need a bigger-sized flat, you can consider buying one from the open market or wait for our subsequent sales launches like Sale of Balance Flats Exercise to check if there are Executive flats available for sale."

Rubbish.

Now a day HDB flat like that one. i mail in to ask. guess what is the reply. see below.

HDB understands the desire of some families to have bigger flats for various reasons. However in land scarce Singapore, we need to balance the aspiration for bigger flats with the reality of our land constraints. We need to optimise land use in the design of new flats taking into consideration the trend of family size and the need to ensure affordability of our flats. Hence, we stopped building new Executive flats.

If you need a bigger-sized flat, you can consider buying one from the open market or wait for our subsequent sales launches like Sale of Balance Flats Exercise to check if there are Executive flats available for sale."

Rubbish.

Yup...... you are right...... called Excutive Flats but much more small than my current 5 rms flat of 140 sq/m...... :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

But for 2nd timers, they need to pay the resale levy up to 50k depend on their previous house.

Depend on how much you bought your previous house lah... if like me. i buy my 5 room at 150K what is 45K resale levy when i can sell at around 380K.

I am more interested in finding a big home for my family of 7. cause i intend to add another 2 to my current 7 to end with 9.

Look like, Landed is the way to go unless i can buy 2 3 room flat to jumbo.

↡ Advertisement