Best comfort/quiet tyres.

Zippaboy

if i'm not wrong, 3 ST is newer. Primacy 3 come stock in some merc. but i doubt there's any major difference

just to share

3 st is not newer version.

is just a version that developed for Driver looking for quieter ride

st = silence tuned

correct me if I am wrong st= Thailand produced = Michelin Quality

↡ Advertisement

just to share

st = silence tuned

Seems like st ver is made in thailand. There is also ps4 st. Recently saw on fb a local tyre shop demonstrated that ps4 european and ps4 st thailand has a weight difference of 800g per piece for the exact same size and ratings. If st is silent tune then it prob has more material to dampen the noise. However those who are performace oriented must take note of the 800g diff for the normal and st versions. 800g is quite a lot abd also the impact of it at the outer circumference of the wheel is more than if it were at the wheel centre for ubsprung weight calculations.
  • Praise 1

just to share

st = silence tuned

just saw an article online, primacy 3 is developed for europe, primacy 3st is developed for asean and australia

same same but different

Just changed to primacy 3 ST 245 45 19 a few days. 

Good drive so far and the tires definitely feels quieter than my stock goodyear tires. 

Saw the sidewall it is produced in Thailand, which is already stated beforehand by my workshop guys. 

Price wise slightly cheaper than EU version. 

Just changed to primacy 3 ST 245 45 19 a few days. 

Good drive so far and the tires definitely feels quieter than my stock goodyear tires. 

Saw the sidewall it is produced in Thailand, which is already stated beforehand by my workshop guys. 

Price wise slightly cheaper than EU version. 

Hankook Ventus V12 evo- tyre good ?

Hankook Ventus V12 evo- tyre good ?

It is a decent tyre. V cheap when I had it almost 10 years ago. In the context of this thread title, it is one of the noisiest tyres I ever had.

• Praise 2

I also just changed my stock Tucson 17” Hankook tyres to the Michelin Latitude Sport 3 235/55/R18 Europe made tyres 2 days ago, at AL Tyres together with their rims. Traded in my Hankook tyres for $300 which was only 1 mth old after collecting my new Tucson on 8/11/2017. The guy told me Europe made as compared to the same model in Thailand made is that the Europe made is a bit softer in compound thus making it a bit more comfortable when gg over humps and also more quieter. I googled for reviews and most of the ppl who reviewed this tyre have it a 4.7/5 rating. Good grip on wet road and dry road also.

Seems like st ver is made in thailand. There is also ps4 st. Recently saw on fb a local tyre shop demonstrated that ps4 european and ps4 st thailand has a weight difference of 800g per piece for the exact same size and ratings. If st is silent tune then it prob has more material to dampen the noise. However those who are performace oriented must take note of the 800g diff for the normal and st versions. 800g is quite a lot abd also the impact of it at the outer circumference of the wheel is more than if it were at the wheel centre for ubsprung weight calculations.

not sure about the weight ,

only know some of the tires are marked with XL (extra load) , which mean this tire can carry heavier load so could be this tire has thicken rubber and stronger sidewall (correct me if I am wrong). 

thank you

For quiet tyres, if you want premium brand, go for Bridgestone Turanza GR100. If mid tier brand got for GITI 228v1 (Singapore brand).

Just to share that I am using Michelin Energy XM2 and require to change after using for 3 years.

I was deciding between the Bridgestone latest Turanza T005A and Michelin Primacy 4 and I decided to go ahead with Primacy 4 after checking out the Tyre test video in youtube, the braking distance is shorter compared to other tyres even with only 20% thread which is very impressive.

Michelin tyres are well-known for the rubber compound used as it can last longer compared to other brands and indeed, the tyres are much quieter than my XM2.  :a-good:

I have been using Continental CSC 2, then 3, and now 5 and 5p (SUV). I have used Pirelli Scorpoin SUV in between and they are nowhere near. The Continental tires are the best comfort and quiet tires. I have not tried Michelin Primacy yet though.  

For the thread title,

best comfort/quiet around currently should be bridgestone T005A.

just replace them,

really feel the different,

compare to another car i just replace with michelin primacy 3st (2 mths back)

both new tyres,

primacy 3 st no fight in term of comfort and quietness.

( but how long this turanza can last, i dun expect much , from experience , normally very comfort tyres wear quite fast, i would be happy with 40-50k)

Twincharged

I have been using Continental CSC 2, then 3, and now 5 and 5p (SUV). I have used Pirelli Scorpoin SUV in between and they are nowhere near. The Continental tires are the best comfort and quiet tires. I have not tried Michelin Primacy yet though.  

I am going to go for continental CC5 for my next change ...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1