Best comfort/quiet tyres.

Zippaboy

I understand where you coming from

for that size I am sure Bridgestone , Michelin, yokohama Pirelli or Goodyear any time at least 1 of them Is available 

whsts the tire Model if the Continental you have on your car ? 

I believe tire companies designed few  type for tire for diff application  like All terrain(AT) , Highway terrain(HT) Mud terrain (MT)  etc, 

do choose your type of tire to suit your Need.

some tire companies also designed tire for Luxury like HL (high way luxury ) or Street tire MIchelin Lattitude sport 

I have used CSC2, CSC3 and CSC5 previously. I think the tires companies are coming up with a SUV range.

↡ Advertisement

Hi, can anyone recommend me the quietest 17" tyres for LR Discovery Sport, thanks!

i would highly recommend Bridgestone Turanza. Using the stock on my Mazda 6. amazingly silent.

Supercharged

i would highly recommend Bridgestone Turanza. Using the stock on my Mazda 6. amazingly silent.

I think it is impossible to subjectively compare tyre noise.

But tests done objectively give the following results for some Bridgestone tyres.

As you may note the dB ranges from 70 to 72.

Other brands of tyres have a dB readout of 67.

Ah I see the image extension I used is not allowed in this community.

• Praise 1

But tests done objectively give the following results for some Bridgestone tyres.

I agree... cos we can't test new tires side by side on the same car... maybe these tests are done with strictly controlled parameters...

Use << >>

For the thread title,

best comfort/quiet around currently should be bridgestone T005A.

just replace them,

really feel the different,

compare to another car i just replace with michelin primacy 3st (2 mths back)

both new tyres,

primacy 3 st no fight in term of comfort and quietness.

( but how long this turanza can last, i dun expect much , from experience , normally very comfort tyres wear quite fast, i would be happy with 40-50k)

Interesting ...

Having Michelin primacy 3 ST 235/50/18 on forester and got primacy 4 ST 225/55/17 for the mazda 6 and despite expected lower road noise for the latter due to smaller contact and thicker rubber, it turned out noiser.

Guess depends also on the cars.

Cheers,

Richard

Interesting ...

Having Michelin primacy 3 ST 235/50/18 on forester and got primacy 4 ST 225/55/17 for the mazda 6 and despite expected lower road noise for the latter due to smaller contact and thicker rubber, it turned out noiser.

Cheers,

Richard

My new, primacy 3 ST is also very disspointing. I read good review on the ST version but turn out nosiy on my new Tucson.
  • Praise 1

My new, primacy 3 ST is also very disspointing. I read good review on the ST version but turn out nosiy on my new Tucson.

3ST is relatively quiet in all honesty, its the lack of feedback that disappointed me.

• Praise 1

I was considering the Turanza, cheaper than the ContiPremiumContact 6 I got in the end... but suspect the Contis would be more responsive, but also wondered if the Turanzas would be quieter or more comfortable. In the end, I will never know.

Hi 7hm,

Compared to Primacy 3 ST and Scorpion Verde fitted on my forester xt, CPC6 is the noisiest while Primacy 3 ST is the quietness .. I have extensive sound proofing as well as autofoam and dashboard stuffed with 3M thinsulate materials.

Not a chiongster and cannot comment on roadholding, braking etc. though except that Primacy 3 ST is fine for me on nshwy at 140kmhr on raining day.

Unfortunately, design of Primacy 4 St had obviously changed and no longer quiet as Primacy 3 ST from kaki and my experience on mazda 6 despite claimed 0.5db quieter.

Cheers.

Richard

• Praise 2

On 8/19/2019 at 8:56 PM, Tiger1 said:
On 8/19/2019 at 6:26 PM, richard_crl032 said:

Interesting ...

Having Michelin primacy 3 ST 235/50/18 on forester and got primacy 4 ST 225/55/17 for the mazda 6 and despite expected lower road noise for the latter due to smaller contact and thicker rubber, it turned out noiser.

Cheers,

Richard

CAN SHARE THE TIRE SIZE YOU USE ON YOUR TUCSON ?

anyway now primacy 4 st is out 

1 hour ago, Roberttan said:

CAN SHARE THE TIRE SIZE YOU USE ON YOUR TUCSON ?

anyway now primacy 4 st is out 

Mine is 225/55/18.

↡ Advertisement