FIAT PUNTO GRANDE 1.4 & HONDA JAZZ 1.4

Hotouch

Neutral Newbie

To all owners of Fiat punto grande and honda jazz owners. Preferably manual owners.

I have finally zeroed down to purchasing either cars. I was just hoping some of you might share with me the performance, downside, maintainence and FC of the car. Much appreciated. =D

P.S. I'm purchasing a second hand car, probably around 2-3 years old.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

from a Fiat GP owner.. svc at outside wkshops cheaper than Jap makes coz 2.6L engine oil vs 4L costing. spare parts original almost e same for both. Oem parts?? cheaper than Honda OEMs esp when i compared my headlight w my colleague's old Civic.

as like all italians, u need passion to fuel a Fiat. e GP has got gd low end torque & high speed stability. gd enough for SG urban roads & MY's NSH. Throw it into MY's B-roads... u get a devil unleashed.

but think from ur previous threads u're into gd FC. GP gives gd FC but.... but... we usually enjoy e pleasure of this italian pony that we often take a longer route. meaning FC back to sq 1 [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

ncap 5 star? proven within e local owner grp that u can total loss e GP but u'll still be able to step out & forget about being hospitalised.

only problem is no re-sale value like most other contis. so to buy a GP, it's a long long commitment

To all owners of Fiat punto grande and honda jazz owners. Preferably manual owners.

I have finally zeroed down to purchasing either cars. I was just hoping some of you might share with me the performance, downside, maintainence and FC of the car. Much appreciated. =D

P.S. I'm purchasing a second hand car, probably around 2-3 years old.

which 2nd hand dealer you buying from?

between GP and Fit/Jazz, the choice is GP. No brainer. It's amazing how tough the chassis feel and how breezy it drives despite having a weight of around a typical Jap hatchback.

But, expect more temperaments from GP. Fit/Jazz is not without its problems either.

Edited by Kangadrool

that's why in motoring, e word "passion" is reserved for e italians.. u need passion to fuel them else pls go get ur FIT

I am proud to say I had a Punto before. I didn't even choose it. The company secretary just check the "small car" box on internet at Eurocar[:p] Had it for 4 wonderful months, where it brings me all around a beautiful & charming Island called England. Damn, I really miss it [:(] . I has never fail on me despite me driving quite hard, going 4500 rpm on regular basis, without much drama. Looks & feel good the first day I got it, til the day I parted with it.

I can't say much about the fit, never driven one, but driven by one a few occasion. I think its a good car, but it feels very conventional to me. Even the newer one looks good the first few time I see it, but the impression just go away really fast. Maybe as there are too many on the roads.

It still bring a smile to my face whenever I see a Punto on SG road. What a cutie.

I find the new Jazz a lot of zhng potential leh ...

Cater to more Fast and Furious kinda youngster ...

where the GP is more gentlemen, more for youngster who likes to read novels and enjoy a good cup of tea.

but the good thing is you can also rent a GP and try it out 1st mah.

just do yrself a flavour, ask someone who drive a fiat to show you how to press that pedal, italian cars dont comes alive before 3500rpm.

ask msimax lah .... hahhahaaha

The new Mazda 2 is very nice indeed ... but the previous model ... ahem .... is also a good mode of transport lah ... got car very good already ... really ..

Edited by Variablefeedback

i know someone totalled 2 times ... [sweatdrop] and still driving a GP ... :wacko:

at least he still alive ... yeah!

ncap 5 star? proven within e local owner grp that u can total loss e GP but u'll still be able to step out & forget about being hospitalised.

Maintenance:

Engine Oil: 3L (2.6L needed without oil filter change)

Original Oil Filter: S$15 (OEM : S$10)

Original cabin filter: S$35 (I used OEM MANN: S$25)(Can find local made for S$15ish)

Original engine air filter: S$35 (I think)

Original Fan Belt + Tensioner, drive Belt + Tensioner: S$250 (60,000km change)

The rest like fluids and stuffs .... own time own target lah.

Original NGK plugs : S$60 / set

Labour for engine oil+filter change: > S$30 depending on which workshop.

Say I buy 4L Shell Helix Ultra at S$49 at GIANT, use original filter .... labour S$30 .... (48+15+30) = S$103 every alternate 10,000km service interval.

So, maintenance wise, it just depends on how much you wanna do.

BTW, my GP is 85,000km old ... [;)]

PS: All prices given are thereabout ...

Edited by Variablefeedback

if budget budget get the fit/jazz

from wad i think fiat cars aren't really tt reliable.. and parts are harder to get... no offense to other drivers

but i guess all depends on wad is ur objective on getting the car

if you can live with slight underpowered at lower speeds + duologic jerkiness, then GP is a winner in all aspects...

note FC is not as great as published... expect ard 13.2-13.5 realistically...

Maintenance:

Engine Oil: 3L (2.6L needed without oil filter change)

Original Oil Filter: S$15 (OEM : S$10)

Original cabin filter: S$35 (I used OEM MANN: S$25)(Can find local made for S$15ish)

Original engine air filter: S$35 (I think)

Original Fan Belt + Tensioner, drive Belt + Tensioner: S$250 (60,000km change)

The rest like fluids and stuffs .... own time own target lah.

Original NGK plugs : S$60 / set

Labour for engine oil+filter change: > S$30 depending on which workshop.

Say I buy 4L Shell Helix Ultra at S$49 at GIANT, use original filter .... labour S$30 .... (48+15+30) = S$103 every alternate 10,000km service interval.

So, maintenance wise, it just depends on how much you wanna do.

BTW, my GP is 85,000km old ... [;)]

PS: All prices given are thereabout ...

Hi bro, I'm wondering where you got all your stuff from. As soon as the warranty expires (early feb) I'm going to shift everything away from the AD.

I'm looking at the oil filter, cabin filter, and the belts and tensioners you mentioned.

↡ Advertisement