TVB drama vs Singapore drama

Picanto

i have been watching quite a lot of TVB dramas online. i feel that our spore made ones are not as good as the HK counterpart. the storyline of TVB drama is much better than local ones.

the actors/actress acting skills of spore and HK dramas are on par.

anyone disagree? please disagree based on your heart....and not because this topic is started by PICANTO.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

SG dramas started to deteriorate after those 2nd rated producers and directors from overseas started flooding our shores.

The storyline of the old SG dramas was so much better than current era. The awakening, samsui women, toufu street, wu xie ge tai and etc etc just to name a few was so much more memorable and entertaining..

Definitelt agree TVB is BETTER. Subscribe to VV Drama, TVB Classics rather than get free-to-air channel like Channel 8. 2 words - Mediacorpse S**k

• Praise 1

Rem one show that Zoe Tay acted in? with the fat china actor?

in that show, ZT 's hair was very very auntie like...

In fact, during the year that it was aired, I think the TNP named it the worse TV serial of the year locally...

I forgotten what title...

Bad shows, pple tend to forget...

Good shows, pple will remember...

• Praise 1

Uhh, actually the old dramas were all directed and produced by overseas crew from HK. So maybe that was the reason why it was better then. I believe some of them might have went back to HK after 1997 to participate in bigger drama productions in China.

SG dramas started to deteriorate after those 2nd rated producers and directors from overseas started flooding our shores.

Uhh, actually the old dramas were all directed and produced by overseas crew from HK. So maybe that was the reason why it was better then. I believe some of them might have went back to HK after 1997 to participate in bigger drama productions in China.

You'll be surprised quite a sizeable number still there now occupying top positions.

They are the ones responsible for casting, who gets to be the Ah Jie n Ker, what storylines to tell, budget....propagandas,etc.

Really pissed off with all the screaming n shouting whenever accidentally switched to their drama serial...

You'll be surprised quite a sizeable number still there now occupying top positions.

They are the ones responsible for casting, who gets to be the Ah Jie n Ker, what storylines to tell, budget....propagandas,etc.

Really pissed off with all the screaming n shouting whenever accidentally switched to their drama serial...

I already give up any hopes of Sg drama since long times ago with more and more FTs coming into the Mediacoxk...bad crew bad cast = bad drama. Luckily internet streaming is free and easy [laugh]

this thread reminded me that I still have TVs at home.

Have not on them for ages liao...

sometime back, thought of buying LCD TV but I think again.....

Every nite just on laptop :D

• Praise 1

i have been watching quite a lot of TVB dramas online. i feel that our spore made ones are not as good as the HK counterpart. the storyline of TVB drama is much better than local ones.

anyone disagree? please disagree based on your heart....and not because this topic is started by PICANTO.

i totally disagree when you say that our actors and their actors are on par.

HK's second string actors and actresses can act so wonderful as well!

if you look at spore ones, wah baing, cant even speak properly, their pronouciation sucks, cry oso no tears, movement so stiff and unnatual as well..... jialat!

and TVB is very good at cultivating their young actors and actresses. you can see their acting skills getting better and better with every show they are in.

wat bout mediacorp? our young actors and actresses all CMI. worse still, they keep using this group of pple even after viewers complain about their acting skills. furthermore, they like to pair 40 yr olds with 20yr olds as lovers. funny rite?

last but not least, look at HK's storyline. they have a wide variety of themes for their shows and most of them grippling till the end.

look at Spore show, family theme, love theme, wat else?

its been a loooong time since i watch mediacorp show

i think as usual , singaporeans just dont give our own people enough credit.

Although i dont watch these serials, i think they still generally provide good entertainment value to the folks who do.

Give ourselves some credit lah. TVB is equally soppy.

hahaha

My question to you is are you watching the TVB dramas legally? Since you think they are good, do you actually support them directly by paying to watch them. Just for the record, my wife do pay for them via Starhub Cablevision.

for our local artistes, i would say they only perform well when it comes to lighthearted dramas such as housewives holiday and daddy at home. but when it comes to soapy dramas and e need for tears, they can cringe their face for 15mins and still no tears. looking more like they are in pain and not sadness. compared to hongkong and korean dramas, their actors and actresses can tear with their eyes wide open. this is what i call true acting.

↡ Advertisement