Yaris 1.5m or jazz 1.4m

HOUSENUMBER

as above which will u chose for the long term and worth the $$ and why? consider them on 2nd hand rate

Edited by HOUSENUMBER
↡ Advertisement

if its 2nd hand the price difference will not be much

i choose jazz/fit

reason

1) Speedo is not in the centre

2) More Spacious

3) Looks Better

4) To me much nicer interior and feels much more well put together

5) Nicer Drive and easier to drive as well

6) IDSI Tech which many including myself feel is better than vvti

7) Slightly better FC than Yaris

straight line performance jazz will lose to the fit, i drove the vios for some years which uses the same engine.

so it depends on what you want. IMHO, if its performance u shouldnt be looking at any of these cars in the price range, you can get better for slightly more secondhand.

both of these hatchbacks will seat 4 but cramped.

if space andspeedandpick up get a bigger sedan

pick up among the sedans think best will be altis or civic if budget permits

cant have best of both worlds

There is a significant price difference between the two assuming we compare the same age of car. The closest equal comparison I can find is a May 06 Yaris to a Jun 06 Jazz, both MT. The Yaris has an OMV of $14845 and a COE of $11,901, whereas the Jazz has an OMV of $14654 and a COE of $9301.

However the price of the Jazz is $37-40k (due to finance) and the Yaris is $33,800. The Yaris is a year's depreciation cheaper, yet only 1.5 months older than the Jazz. Both have nearly similar mileage (if it can be believed) and are 1-owner cars. Even under the best case scenario and you can buy the Jazz at $37,000, it will still depreciate more than the Yaris due to the higher asking price and lower paper value.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...846&DL=1034

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...662&DL=1206

In terms of differences between the two, the Jazz has the more intelligent cabin space management, but the Yaris is not small inside. The rear seats have a flat floor, and can seat 3 Asians abreast comfortably. The rear seats also have a limited angle of recline (not fixed like on most other cars).

On my Yaris, I do an average of 13km/litre on urban stop-go driving, which improves to 15+ on highway. There is a noticeable difference in FC from a Jazz. But it is a straight trade between power and economy, as the Yaris has a bit more power than the Jazz's i-DSi engine. It is worthwhile to note that the GD Fit RS's 1.5 VTEC engine has almost the same rated torque and power as the Yaris's 1.5 VVTi engine.

Build quality - the Jazz is better built. The Yaris is made in Thailand. You might think that its because of the Thai origins, but jump into a Japan-made Vitz (the JDM version of the Yaris) and you get the same plasticky build and quality. The Jazz is better designed, built and hence a more appealing place to be in.

You see a lot more Jazz on the road than Yaris. I like driving around in a less-common car model. But underneath it shares many common components with the new Belta Vios, from consumables to mod parts.

I like a decently built car, but after driving the two, I decided I liked power more than build quality. That's not to say I would drive a car with crap build, but I figure that its built well enough to last the 5-7 years I would own it. That and also the cost. The Toyota depreciates less, costs less to run, the minor difference in FC and road tax is negated by the higher insurance cost that Hondas cost.

Both are good cars, but I don't regret choosing a Yaris over a Jazz. But I might choose a Mazda 2 over a Yaris, though.

I thought those called Yaris sold in sg are all in auto(from BM)? Unless from PI, the Yaris equivalent called Vitz, that one has manual versions. But rarely seen.

I don't really like the centre speedometer/techometer too. However, its actually a safer position to be in as you would still have a view of the road while glancing at it...

if choose the older model of the mazda 2sp vs the yaris or jazz, have to take note of the FC, figures are not that impressive compared jazz and yaris.

But, the power for such a small car is sufficient.

Bootspace wise, is reasonably spacious for a hatch...

u can get it cheaper than jazz and yaris, cos mazda resale value is not that good...

I thought those called Yaris sold in sg are all in auto(from BM)? Unless from PI, the Yaris equivalent called Vitz, that one has manual versions. But rarely seen.

Old ones got manual, the FL ones all auto 'cos "no demand in Singkapoor". All dealers say this; not I say one. :D

How about fiat grande punto? should be in the same price range, looks good but not sure about the build quality though.

Anyone have any comments on the punto?

1.5-liter DOHC 16-valve VVT-i 4-cylinder 106 hp @ 6000 rpm; 103 lb.-ft. @ 4200 rpm and 1.3L and 1.5L Water Cooled 4-stroke SOHC i-VTEC. which one will you prefer.to me,i prefer VVT-i

↡ Advertisement