Hyundai Verna May 2007 for $28k is it good price ??

Tigerwoods

My friend bot it last week. After she bot it her friend told her price is not good because Car Dealer can get it at Scrap Value + 2k = $22k+ only so they earn $6k from this deal which is good profit.

What do you think ?

COE = $17k

OMV - $11k

↡ Advertisement

My friend bot it last week. After she bot it her friend told her price is not good because Car Dealer can get it at Scrap Value + 2k = $22k+ only so they earn $6k from this deal which is good profit.

What do you think ?

COE = $17k

OMV - $11k

she bought the car already.... what can she do?

Dealer also got overhead... give and take lah

just enjoy the ride... that the only thing she can do

Neutral Newbie

dun just look at scrap value... the car is fairly new... market price is determined by how pple value your car, the demand for it

e.g. my opc axio - paper aka scrap value zero~

but i paid 35k for it..... new car

u go sgcarmart and find... 2007 verna, pple trying to sell at 30k, yr fren got a good deal ya

Its normal for any NEW car to lose close to 50% value in 2+ years time.

Dunwan to lose so much then go get a 2nd hand car lor. Same 2+ year age.

Easily save you at least 30-40% off the new car price. That other 10% is the agent comission/profit for taking in yr car as trade-in.

Dont think the statement is true. Just a check in sgcarmart you can tell some dealer trying to con for big fish selling car almost the same price as new comparing to the date of register. Do a check especially for cars registered between january to April 2009 and their time of new car price you can be shock.

that's my observation

Hmm.. Fair price I would say.. I'm driving a Verna myself.. 28k is a much better price den my Verna.. Btw, it's a 1.4A? I bought mine this year June 2009 for 25k, reg was Dec 2005.. It's a 1.6A btw.. I would say 28k is more or less the price.. Give and take.. COE at 17k summore.. Not like it's less den 5k..

Anyways, just ask her to enjoy the ride.. Verna is a decent ride, but front suspension abit jia lat.. LOL.. So go easy on the humps..

Neutral Newbie

if stock suspension with stock springs, and stock wheels, tyres size, still ok lah.... just dun really like the bounce when i down the humps...

me on verna oso, 1.4m.... but not on stock suspension anymore...

Hmm.. Fair price I would say.. I'm driving a Verna myself.. 28k is a much better price den my Verna.. Btw, it's a 1.4A? I bought mine this year June 2009 for 25k, reg was Dec 2005.. It's a 1.6A btw.. I would say 28k is more or less the price.. Give and take.. COE at 17k summore.. Not like it's less den 5k..

Anyways, just ask her to enjoy the ride.. Verna is a decent ride, but front suspension abit jia lat.. LOL.. So go easy on the humps..

Yes hers is a 1.4A.

Thnx 4 the advice on the Front suspension.

Happy New Year !

It's a good price, as it's still under warranty. If you calculate the depreciation, it'll be dirt cheap. Even if she decides to sell it off tomorrow, she lose at most 5 or 6k.

Neutral Newbie

not exactly true for the poor FC....

when i was on 15inch superlightweight rims, i can clock ard 15k to 15.5k per litre...

now on 16inch replica taiwan rims, much heavier, clock ard 12k to 12.5k per litre....

thus, i find the FC is still quite proper for a 1399cc ride.... of cos, all mileage is me and my wife inside, with 60% expressway, and 40% city driving...

most important, is to train ur right leg to be more light, then FC wld be good for it liao... and oso, to remove all the excess baggage in the boot.... [laugh]

btw, me on 1.4M.....

Neutral Newbie

The topic here is about the 1.4A.. not the 1.4M.. [:p]

keke... my bad.. [:p] [:p]

however, FC for both A or M, shd be based on same principal bah... tho some claims that Auto consume abit more fuel.... (dunno how true that is, cos me all the while on Manual nia)

i got couple of friends on Vios and Jazz, which is claimed by ppl to be FC friendly. but looking at the way they drive (slam accelerator all the way, portable wardrobe in their boot, etc), my friends end up tell me that their ride FC is no good... [rolleyes]

thus, i believe the issue on FC, is dependent on many components, and oso the driver right leg...