Exercising without a gym

Sofarsogood

Buy running shoes for your feet type i.e high arch, normal or flat footed. This will save you problems at knee, hips and back in the long run. If high arch, we under-pronate and need shoes with better shock absorption. If flat footed, we over-pronate, and need to buy shoes with good control of inward roll after strike. If normal arch, you are lucky and can buy almost any shoe.

Want a good exercise without impact, put on a backpack and WALK quickly up the stairs of a HDB block. Take 1 step at a time, never two as this will damage your knees. This exercise good for building thigh muscles as well as cardio. Repeat if I climb not enough.

↡ Advertisement

Gout usually got to do with diet.

Yes this is true and I was told by doctor that it is due to too much red meat. My diet varies a lot and red meat is maybe 20% of it. Majority is still carbo that comes from bread, noodles, daily beer consumption.

I read the whole thread and the various reports. I am convince that carbo is the caused of it. I am in the 3rd week now, so far gout has not attack even though I have increase the consumption of red meat. Though this is still too early to tell.

I will give an update from time to time. I have only managed to shed off 2kg and 1.5 inches of the waist line. Long way to go. [sleeping]

• Praise 1

Now that it's always raining I can't go out to walk or run I just go up and down the stairs until I can't do it anymore. I love sweating it out like that rather than doing situps or pushups.

Yes this is true and I was told by doctor that it is due to too much red meat. My diet varies a lot and red meat is maybe 20% of it. Majority is still carbo that comes from bread, noodles, daily beer consumption.

I read the whole thread and the various reports. I am convince that carbo is the caused of it. I am in the 3rd week now, so far gout has not attack even though I have increase the consumption of red meat. Though this is still too early to tell.

I will give an update from time to time. I have only managed to shed off 2kg and 1.5 inches of the waist line. Long way to go. [sleeping]

Been on this LCHF for 2 months. Lost 3 inches off the waist line. Not as discipline as I want to be as I don't cook. Wife will do her best to cook as clean for me as possible. Really appreciate that.

Like the old birds shared, my 2 molars suddenly does not bother me any more. It used to bother me every now and then when I have to chew hard especially meat and peanuts.

Sometimes I do cheat by drinking beer as this is probably the only thing I miss, don't really have craving for rice, noodles and bread.

But, now I really enjoy eating Pork knuckles, Salmon, duck, lamb, beef and all the fatty meats. My blood pressure which was already in healthy region, now even improve. From 120/73 to 110/65.

Also gout attack have not visited me yet and I confidently gave away my walking stick to my brother as I know I am on the right track. [;)]

Was jus thinking those old birds who are still in the forum can drop a few lines and share their experience since 2010. Where is chickenbackside, skunk, MO, Ahleon...?

Chickenbackside still here!

Eating the same, same waist size (maybe legs and triceps got a bit bigger due to lifting), same state of health (lost count of the number of years I've not needed to see a doctor for any illness).

Life is good...

• Praise 2

I have been eating same till now nothing change, waist line or health. Only problem I face is every year got to tell my company GP though my cholesterol level high, I feel fine.

• Praise 3

Did a coney island run yesterday... Shiok to run to beat the nightfall as it was almost 7pm and getting dark inside. No lamps, just forest, tress and a lonely trail.

• Praise 2

Wow.. all the lau Jiao still around in this forum and benefitting from this life style.. I feel even more motivated...

Gout has not come yet... the last attack was in Jun... all the best to everyone and no more bui bui... [;)]

• Praise 1

Went to Pandan Reservoir for the first time this morning. One complete round is around 6.3km I think.

Coffee shop nearby has nice prata ... [laugh]

• Praise 2

Chickenbackside still here!

Eating the same, same waist size (maybe legs and triceps got a bit bigger due to lifting), same state of health (lost count of the number of years I've not needed to see a doctor for any illness).

Life is good...

here in this thread we advocate the use of palm oil which is cold pressed like olive oil.

but lately there are tons of reports surfacing that condemn palm oil. Can i say that palm oil is not vegetable oil???

here in this thread we advocate the use of palm oil which is cold pressed like olive oil.

but lately there are tons of reports surfacing that condemn palm oil. Can i say that palm oil is not vegetable oil???

I think it's just that palm oil has low omega 3 to 6 fatty acids ratio.

Neutral Newbie

You are doing good according to my suggestion. Because go to the GYM regularly will help you to keep your health and fitness well. For me, I also do that regularly.

dont forget to fuel up your 'damaged' muscles to build newer lean muscles with whey protein..

doesnt matter what brand, whey protein is whey protein.. go for the nice tasting ones at cheap prices.

either

ProStar Whey [many servings, tasteless chocolate but good macros]

or 

Titan Whey [many servings too, rich tasty chocolate w Vitamin C, only 69 bucks]

just my 2 cents..

Hypersonic

The only good palm oil are the raw or crude palm oil. Their color are dark orangy. The common palm oil that are found everywhere in m the hawker center are refined thru high temp, are to be avoided.

Hard to find crude palm oil, and I read that e not many like the taste, hence the refine version will remove the taste.

Easier to get cold pressed olive oil taste better.

↡ Advertisement