Bardahl Synthetic Oil

Fuzzylogic

Anyone tried Bardahl engine oil before?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.

bot 1 bottle from Bkt Merah last yr and undestand from my Malaysian friend that this is quite a reputated brand frm US (but it sounds like an Indian name to me). The price was quite attractive at $38/4L bottle for a fully syn if I remember correctly. I used it on my father Altis and my father feedback was OK.... he drained it off at +-10K and i nvr hear any major complain from him... i dun use it cos im using either W20 or W30 oil for my vios.

If the price i remember was correct ($38/4L), you may wanna give it a try since its so cheap.

bot 1 bottle from Bkt Merah last yr and undestand from my Malaysian friend that this is quite a reputated brand frm US (but it sounds like an Indian name to me). The price was quite attractive at $38/4L bottle for a fully syn if I remember correctly. I used it on my father Altis and my father feedback was OK.... he drained it off at +-10K and i nvr hear any major complain from him... i dun use it cos im using either W20 or W30 oil for my vios.

If the price i remember was correct ($38/4L), you may wanna give it a try since its so cheap.

From where in Bukit Merah did you get it from?

You can PM me if not convenient to post here.

Thanks.

===========

This brand was very popular in racing circles & is more popular in US.

Very old & established brand. The price u got quite cheap but still lose to the CL oil. :D

From where in Bukit Merah did you get it from?

You can PM me if not convenient to post here.

Thanks.

I dun have the address but its inside alexandra industrial park i guess. There is only 2 sparepart shop there. You can check around.

===========

This brand was very popular in racing circles & is more popular in US.

Very old & established brand. The price u got quite cheap but still lose to the CL oil. :D

CL oil??? whats that? cycle oil?

there was once a big [furious] over this particular brand of oil

some say this oil is cheap and syntetic [thumbsup]

some say this oil is not so syntetic [thumbsdown]

i dont think any [scholar] came up with any scientific conclusion

but anyway i think the mods decided to put in the --- thing to prevent future big [furious]

[grin]

cl oil now selling at giant turf city 29.90, 5l pack and comes with engine oil treatment free.

fabulous deal

imho there is a slight diff to the branded synthetic oil but the price diff i cant ignore.

unless u are driving a premium conti, otherwise good enough for run of the mill jap cars.

i used the CL for 2 rounds of servicing and all the way to 10k....act its good enough la...

but now giving the amsoil 5w40 a try and..............actually not much diff la...haha

CL oil??? whats that? cycle oil?

=============

The popular c@rlube. I find it the best value for money oil at the moment.

Now its in my Optra & >5K km already & still good to go. I usually do OC every 10K km with a fully synthetic &

Last time I use it in my COE corona & drove to Cameron Highlands. Whacked >160km/h on NSH & it was as smooth as ever. [thumbsup]

cl oil now selling at giant turf city 29.90, 5l pack and comes with engine oil treatment free.

fabulous deal

imho there is a slight diff to the branded synthetic oil but the price diff i cant ignore.

unless u are driving a premium conti, otherwise good enough for run of the mill jap cars.

=============

Its a good & cheap oil but there was this 1 guy trying to promote it on all the car forums which made a big hoo ha & he was banned several times for his tactics.

It has a slightly lower flash point so u might need to top-up a little more often with older engines.

In my 4 year old (75K km) Optra I now have it in >5K km & still the level has not dropped at all since it was filled in. And I do whack once in awhile.

CL = c-----e lar.....lol

I have yet to use c-----e but my next oil change will be CL. I am getting sick of paying ridiculous prices for premium motor oil. They do make your car feel slightly more power etc but I don't think I need it. Rather spend the $$$ on better things and save on engine oil

It works well for me and fits my budget as I change oil at 5 - 6k interval..

============

Ive always run it upto 10K km without any problems.

If I going to change at around 5K km, I might as well use a premium oil like RP or Mobil 1 even as the costs will b about the same then.

Yes, price is about the same but to your engine is totally different. Would you feel your car feels cleaner washing it once or twice? Same price paid but confirm better for the engine.

↡ Advertisement