How effective is PPS against bird droppings?

Hensony

My car, less than three months old, kena bird s--t. Sent the car for grooming by Imperial1, the stain is still obvious, if viewed from a certain angle. Sigh...

For bros who have PPS on their rides, please advise how effective is it against bird droppings, especially if they have been in contact with the paintwork for more than six hours.

Thanks

↡ Advertisement

My car, less than three months old, kena bird s--t. Sent the car for grooming by Imperial1, the stain is still obvious, if viewed from a certain angle. Sigh...

For bros who have PPS on their rides, please advise how effective is it against bird droppings, especially if they have been in contact with the paintwork for more than six hours.

Thanks

i have done pps on my ride for more than a year now, and so far with just cloth n water can easily remove all stains... bird dropping, tree sap, smoke stain, water stains and look like new.

sometimes just rub with finger and the stain will disappear...

What about prolonged contact with bird dropping? Say, you were overseas for a few , car kena bird s--t. After you clean it off, any damage to the paintwork?

Neutral Newbie

what i do is to pour water gently on it. use those wet tissues and see if can remove safetly or not.

do your normal washing and see how. if really cannot remove liao, then looks like only till your next regular grooming session then it can be significantly removed.

personal experience. cos my gf's house in clementi area is full of bird crap. anyway, you have 2 options if going overseas. either you drive to a covered carpark (your office, maybe), or cover the whole car if open air carpark. just my take.

cheers.

i think pps only buys a few hours before there is damage.. best is to wipe off ASAP

If that's the case, I see no point in getting PPS. A good wax can also offer the same protection. Sigh... I was hoping that PPS is the solution against bird s--t.

What about prolonged contact with bird dropping? Say, you were overseas for a few , car kena bird s--t. After you clean it off, any damage to the paintwork?

prolong is how long??

"a few weeks" i have not tested, cos maid will wash car once a week, even if i am away.

i usually wash at shell snow wash about once every 3-4 days... sometimes first or second day after a wash will kenna bird s--t or tree sap, and i generally dont bother unless very eye sore, so far no prob with that....

as i mentioned, after clean off no damage or leftover or fading, as good as new

but thing is PPS need to top up also, every 1.5 years or so.... if not coating will wear off too

hope it helps

Edited by TangoElite

prolong is how long??

"a few weeks" i have not tested, cos maid will wash car once a week, even if i am away.

i usually wash at shell snow wash about once every 3-4 days... sometimes first or second day after a wash will kenna bird s--t or tree sap, and i generally dont bother unless very eye sore, so far no prob with that....

as i mentioned, after clean off no damage or leftover or fading, as good as new

but thing is PPS need to top up also, every 1.5 years or so.... if not coating will wear off too

hope it helps

Thanks. By the way, which PPS are you using?

There was one occasion where bird droppings stained and dried in my car roof and I wasn't back to town until about a week later. It took me a hard time to clean and remove the stain. Paintwork wasn't affected. But I am not sure whether PPS helps as my car was coated with PPS prior to that some months back. After removing the stain and washing the car with clear water, the shine was back on the former stained area.

That was my experience.

Having said that, I feel that with PPS, you would still need normal maintenance and cleaning and it is definitely not foolproof protection against bird droppings. Cheers!

There was one occasion where bird droppings stained and dried in my car roof and I wasn't back to town until about a week later. It took me a hard time to clean and remove the stain. Paintwork wasn't affected. But I am not sure whether PPS helps as my car was coated with PPS prior to that some months back. After removing the stain and washing the car with clear water, the shine was back on the former stained area.

That was my experience.

Having said that, I feel that with PPS, you would still need normal maintenance and cleaning and it is definitely not foolproof protection against bird droppings. Cheers!

Wow... your PPS really works! Please tell me which PPS did you use. Thanks

Neutral Newbie

Thanks

I find EnviroShield has good protection against water marks and bird poos.

just my 2 cents.

Wow... your PPS really works! Please tell me which PPS did you use. Thanks

I cannot say conclusively that it is due to my PPS. Could just be my luck that the droppings did not eat deep into my paintwork. Second time round may not be that lucky.

Neutral Newbie

Corroded? Is your car single stage paint? Or is there clearcoat failure.

Post some pics, i believe bros here can help you out.

I have a couple of clients that are wearing 2 - 3 layers of FK1000P that works at a place near Changi Yacht Club. :)

Still seems pretty durable and easy to maintain. Usually i would layer OCW during the maintenance phrase.

I would say a proven sealent would work best for you.

Neutral Newbie

I do Swissvax Mystery 1 layer, then 1 more layer maybe Zymol Concourso, then Swissvax Nano Express as quick detailer. Sometimes put some Sonax Wax, sometimes Dodo Juice. Depends on the mood, sometimes just clean the surface with swissvax cleaner fluid or some AIO. At anytime, it has very good water beading.

The thing is if there is bird droppings, clean it. Don't leave it under the sun for 1 week.

↡ Advertisement