How much COV will you pay for this AWESOME HDB Flat?

Alim

How much COV will you pay?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. I will pay

• $30k
    • $40k
    • $50k
    • $60k
    • $70k
    • $80k
    • $90k
    • $100k
    • will not pay because a HDB is a HDB
    • I rather use the money to buy condo

English comic v ex ,even now..cannot afford

Chinese one $2.50 only ^_^ now dun noe how much already

I recently tried to sell off my old books on ebay... cannot find anyone to buy.. so packed the whole lot into a old suitcase, and donated to the salvation army...

↡ Advertisement

Pr 3 how be "coach"?shld be 30 years experience la

u pian lang ah? [laugh]

but if i start tennis at 10...30 yrs experience wat...and 10 yrs i primbaree neber finish one [laugh]

Agree, we all have brought up and bring up differently.... [wave]

Actually ... back to topic ... wouldn't it be more sensible to find a cheaper house... and spend the COV on additional car (assuming the asking COV is like $50-$80K) if distance is the factor, or if already enough cars, for other expenses, like solid renovation?

After all.. other than the flat size and amenities... the actual location is relative to the mode of transport, I would think.

Edited by Parkingidiot

its a dilemma our parents faced that i only now understand.

personally, i think the most important lessons cannot be learnt in school.

all i ask of my kids is humility, honesty, trustworthiness and compassion.

im not sure if my school years taught me any of that. sure i learnt the tools to make a good living, but surely a living without any of those isnt really a life.

anyway, no right or wrong, to each his own. Cheers.

WOW!

During my primary school days, I just went to school, came back, ride my bike round neighborhood, played with neighborhood kids, watched tV from 5pm to 9pm and went to bed at 10, repeating the whole process during weekdays. In the end, I managed to top my class just about every year and scored top 10% results for PSLE good enough to enter any sec school i wanted.

Guess my parents had a good time.

hehehe.........my childhood was a chaotic one as well. Even go friend school see xxx video at primary 6!

Disappear to Ubi for few days during secondary school term with friends! Penty more hair-rasing stunts. haha.

Most memorable childhood ever. Unfortunately, my brain not gensis, so never did well in my studies. Have to struggle like siao to get into a good company with decent pay now. (Hopefully can still get 6 mths bonus like previous years. [lipsrsealed] hehe)

My wife also went through life the difficult way too. Normal stream to express to poly then to Uni. Survive 10 years at DSO. Now the pioneer HOD with a promising newly set-up department of MHA. Was even short-list for Deputy Secretary post in MHA recently. But she decline it and choose family time instead(for the next 5-7 years at least).

At the end of the day, we (or you for that matter) have made it in life through sheer hard work, doesnt mean everybody will be as fortunate as us. It would have easily gone harewire. Thats why me & wify plan for our gal this way.

Its not some unrealisatic plan pluck from thin air, but one that we have think long and discuss a lot about.

Edited by Hiphiphoray

wah..ur kid should be a strategist next time...maybe he is good at planning

for me,housing to sleep can liaoz,location dont so ulu

i grown up in my area since liquid form [laugh] ,i v familiar wif surrounding and people,even if shift i also shift around.

problem is it's 30 years old area but recently going to have upgrading.amenities etc all have,go town take bus 30mins can teach,not bad for a west side area

i thinking this,bought over at 230k (valuation) from ah ma coz i stayed with her..after cpf etc shld loan 70-80k.easily finish 5-10 years (must plan how i want)

the cash she had,will split with me, average i should have 100-150k in hand. by 35 my loan should finish..same as my insurance shield plan,so there's another figure standing by by then..

so this is my simple lifestyle bo chup early retirement plan [laugh]

dont know workable bo

Actually ... back to topic ... wouldn't it be more sensible to find a cheaper house... and spend the COV on additional car (assuming the asking COV is like $50-$80K) if distance is the factor, or if already enough cars, for other expenses, like solid renovation?

After all.. other than the flat size and amenities... the actual location is relative to the mode of transport, I would think.

Ya agree.

House is always about location, floor level and area. Reno counts for nothing.

I would not consider this unit even for 50k COV. [shakehead]

HDB valuation based on location, amenities, high floor etc. Reno doesn't count much.

COV basically translate into bidding war whereby it depends on how much you willing to pay for convenience, privacy & comfort. For example, near shopping, mrt & bus services, corner unit & high floor etc.

If everyone in the family is driving, COV for near MRT, Bus Interchange etc is pointless. Next is the move-in condition, if you can move-in without reno, that can translate into savings. Hence, COV. Then again, you may & may not like the design.

If I am like friggin rich... having enough to blow $100K in cold cash for COV... it would still make more sense to buy private rather than pay all that moolah for a <99 year HDB flat. Just does not compute... [dizzy]

hehehe.........my childhood was a chaotic one as well. Even go friend school see xxx video at primary 6!

Disappear to Ubi for few days during secondary school term with friends! Penty more hair-rasing stunts. haha.

Most memorable childhood ever. Unfortunately, my brain not gensis, so never did well in my studies. Have to struggle like siao to get into a good company with decent pay now. (Hopefully can still get 6 mths bonus like previous years. [lipsrsealed] hehe)

My wife also went through life the difficult way too. Normal stream to express to poly then to Uni. Survive 10 years at DSO. Now the pioneer HOD with a promising newly set-up department of MHA. Was even short-list for Deputy Secretary post in MHA recently. But she decline it and choose family time instead(for the next 5-7 years at least).

At the end of the day, we (or you for that matter) have made it in life through sheer hard work, doesnt mean everybody will be as fortunate as us. It would have easily gone harewire. Thats why me & wify plan for our gal this way.

Its not some unrealisatic plan pluck from thin air, but one that we have think long and discuss a lot about.

you sound like in the same company as me haha. i am also waiting for bonus declaration and dont know can still get 6 months or not haha.

buy now at ridiculous price and regret in 5 years' time.

My friend was house hunting in Bishan and showed me pics of this awesome looking 4-rm HDB in Bishan, asking for $100k nett Cash Over Valuation (COV).

How much are you willing to pay for this? FYI...all high end fittings, TV, furnitures etc included.

Yup, they shouldn't have done up the house so luxuriously then not live in it for long. I really doubt anybody would wanna pay a cov of such amount these times.

Or maybe he just wanted cheap publicity.

I tink the owner of this unit was interviewed in TODAY's paper. According to them they rejected 95k, as they want 100k no less. If not they carry on staying.

Good luck to them...

I tink the owner of this unit was interviewed in TODAY's paper. According to them they rejected 95k, as they want 100k no less. If not they carry on staying.

Good luck to them...

i think they are too greedy.

↡ Advertisement