Rotor chipped off

Bornno1

hi guys 1 of my rotors is chipped off, the chipped off part is about 0.5mm deep. Can hear a slight tok tok sound when slow braking. Does skimming help? If replace rotors have to replace in pairs?

↡ Advertisement

hi guys 1 of my rotors is chipped off, the chipped off part is about 0.5mm deep. Can hear a slight tok tok sound when slow braking. Does skimming help? If replace rotors have to replace in pairs?

0.5mm? or 0.5cm? don't save on brakes, change the rotors. better change in pair. even better change brake pads as well. just to ensure even wear. the chipped area will damage your current brake pads.

(edited)

thanks for yr feedback, am looking to change for safety too. Roughly how much for a pair? old vios.

Edited by Bornno1

thanks for yr feedback, am looking to change for safety too. Roughly how much for a pair? old vios.

buy from Toyota stockist and go to workshop and change, should be cheap for Vios.

buy from Toyota stockist and go to workshop and change, should be cheap for Vios.

Just replace in pairs. As the bro above say, change your brake pads also.

Get from stockist. They should have your stock/oem parts.

Don't bother to go for skimming. Some people might advise you that. Change your rotors might be a better option in your case.

the issue i am thinking of is that there may be stress caused by heating n cooling, due to the chip. but i dun think the whole disc is just gonna disintegrate under normal daily driving. unless u gg genting or track, maybe just do it next servicing

just sharing..

I just replaced my front rotors with OEM (make in Japan) at 200+ at autosaver toh guan.

btw, me driving wish. The original pair cost > 340

Call them for quote.

just sharing..

I just replaced my front rotors with OEM (make in Japan) at 200+ at autosaver toh guan.

btw, me driving wish. The original pair cost > 340

Call them for quote.

you kena chop carrot liao i think. did you check with stockists?

↡ Advertisement