Got Rob while pumping petrol in Johor Bahru.

Pckwpckw

Neutral Newbie

I advise those singaporean who pump petrol in JB to be alert, don't leave your family in the car is very dangerous, as the robber will rob your car together with your family member as they don't have a chance to escape. For me the robber use a knite and asked for money only. No want will help u as it is their culture as they worried they might be kill. They rob me in board day light when the petrol station is quite crowed. So be cautious .

↡ Advertisement

Juz be prepare any kind of tooling under your car seat if possible as another option of self defence..Do not worry as those robber are all juz cowardly and struck only if they can meet their expectation...My experience so far come across more than 5 times when in JB especially along the Tebrau petrol station back to Singapore but I juz ignore them and stndby if anythin can struck...Juz remember an arm robbery never play small player... [rifle]

I advise those singaporean who pump petrol in JB to be alert, don't leave your family in the car is very dangerous, as the robber will rob your car together with your family member as they don't have a chance to escape. For me the robber use a knite and asked for money only. No want will help u as it is their culture as they worried they might be kill. They rob me in board day light when the petrol station is quite crowed. So be cautious .

bro, i hope your family & you are safe and sound..

did you lodge a police report on this?

alwalys lock your car door when you are out of the car regardless of who else is inside..... and i can see you still in shock... you post wrong folder.... [:p]

Supercharged

u need to be very alert lah.....

u can leave whoever inside the car, just rem to lock the doors when u come out, take out yr car key and lock all doors when u come out.... that's all

and always teach yr family to press the car horn if they are been threatened or surrounded by ppl around the car.... press horn until they go away.....

and b4 u open yr door to come out, always look outside and see who is coming over to you... if u see someone walking towards u, just stay in car first until he/she walks away......

likewise when u are about to go inside yr car. before unlocking, always look ard u, front, left/right and behind u, and see if someone is walking towards u...... if got someone walking over, just slow down and step aside to let the person walk away first.......

if u are daring, look into the person's eyes when the person is walking toward u..... psychologically, ppl are intimated by eye contacts. they will have the feeling that u are not afraid and they may give up

if u practice this habit, u will be all right.... be street smart

• Praise 1

Hope that you're family is fine....

Appreciate that you can with members here which Petrol station were you in?

Security in JB really sucks!

Edited by SGCMeekee

Neutral Newbie

bro, i hope your family & you are safe and sound..

did you lodge a police report on this?

Thanks for your concern i m find, but my heart beat is above 200 i even forgot where i place my wallet. Money is secondary but my brain cell die .

Neutral Newbie

i have lodge a police report they transfer me here and there total 3 hours. It is mobil petrol station near Leisure Mall at Taman Pelangi

bro... no point state which petrol cause these SMALL TIME useless armed robbers will show up at any petrol station... even the ones on the main roads.. i saw one not too long at the ESSO opp Pelangi Plaza... the robber ran like mad...

snatch theives and armed robbers are usually drug addicts, small time street corner gang lost $ gambling... etc... i'm not asking you to fight back, but when in JB, NEVER behave as if you are in SG... whenever you are in doubt of the ppl in the place, leave... for my the most troublesome is when i have my wife n mum-in-law with me... must be extra careful...

i was with a female frd in jb once... at 'huang hou' queens road or something (not near Johor Jaya)... heard that there were many cases of chinese getting robbed there from the dumpling auntie... we were buying rice dumplings, (this auntie does them BETTER than joo chiat and hong lim) ^_^ ... when i was taking my cigs from my car, a chinese guy behind me said 'tar kip'... i turn ard put my both hands in front of me... my female frd was eating dumplings in the shop... i told the guy ok i take my wallet in the car... i reached for my baseball steering lock and smashed his face... i am sure i broke at least 3 teeths... he fell back from the impact and tried to swing his small knief at me but i swang the bat at his arm so hard i think i may have broken his fingers... he ran to his bike and rode off... i did not give chase of course... got my female friend to get in the car and we left as soon as we could... my back windows were totally black yet he took the risk to rob me... and i could tell when he said 'tar kip' he sounded nervous like a useless drug addict. i just thank god he didnt have other drug addict friends with him...

the big time malaysian gansters who have guns and huge parangs, seldom do these kinda of petty crimes.. tis idiot didnt even know how much $ i have with me... idiots... i was in t-shirt jeans, driving a sunny... nothing flashy that said i was rich... maybe the gal i was with was wearing a sexy tube top thats why.. heehee... [:p]

and bro, JB is considered ok liao... many other parts of the world getting rape and robbed is an hourly affair... or maybe by the minutes... many countries anybody can buy a gun...

all i can say is, you can never be too careful... JB is just like Singapore in the 60's... ^_^

i have lodge a police report they transfer me here and there total 3 hours. It is mobil petrol station near Leisure Mall at Taman Pelangi

bro, unless your whole car was stolen with someone inside, making the police report is just wasting your time... the police in SG is TOTALLY DIFFERENT FROM THE USELESS MY POLIS... yuck...

anyways thank god you are safe... tats the most important.. $ can earn back... treat this as a learning experience to take note of in the future... pls remember this can happen in SG as well... just that in SG, thankfully got many KAYPO want get awards... haha just kidding... in MY seldom ppl will want to KAYPO cause might endanger themselves or family members...

god bless.

wasted. they should have rob your lexus or is it another one of your bmw spam again.

Neutral Newbie

I was also robbed recently.

It was abt 3+pm. I was entering the car after pumping petrol. After I sat down, my hands was reaching for the door when a man suddenly appeared at my side and went "Could you please help me?"

My immediate response was "I've no money." And he raised his voice and said he got Aids. He was gripping on a syringe. He asked for $200, which I said I did not have that much. He shouted CCB etc and then I handed over S$50.

He wanted more and his hands almost grabbed the entire wallet. Thus, I immediately gave him all that I have (approx S$160).

At that point of time, a passerby holding 2 bottles of oil saw him and threw the bottles at him. He fell for a moment and stood up and began running across the street. The staff at the petrol station was alerted and all gave chase. However, he was not caught.

Did not report to the polis as i think it would be useless.

Today in the late afternoon, was at Shell just after Malaysia custom, was still sitting in the car and a chap show me a watch. I politely told him not keen, and he walks away, quickly get out of my car, fill up my tank and went to the Plaza Sentosa, park by the road side, a chap show me a PDA, I signal not keen, not feeling good, decided not to shop in that area and get back to my car and move off as I do not feel secure, I'm am driving a BMW 5. But I do practice alert all the time when I am in petrol station.

Is there any safe petrol station in JB? Is the Shell just after custom safe? I always took the row of pumps nearest to the car wash in the Shell station. One of my colleague just had his Toyota Wish stolen in Tebrau Jusco basement car park 2 months back.

Edited by Amazon777

Today in the late afternoon, was at Shell just after Malaysia custom, was still sitting in the car and a chap show me a watch. I politely told him not keen, and he walks away, quickly get out of my car, fill up my tank and went to the Plaza Sentosa, park by the road side, a chap show me a PDA, I signal not keen, not feeling good, decided not to shop in that area and get back to my car and move off as I do not feel secure, I'm am driving a BMW 5. But I do practice alert all the time when I am in petrol station.

Is there any safe petrol station in JB? Is the Shell just after custom safe? I always took the row of pumps nearest to the car wash in the Shell station. One of my colleague just had his Toyota Wish stolen in Tebrau Jusco basement car park 2 months back.

wow...seems the robbery are back in JB...bros and sis here do exercise extra caution when entering and practise the habits as mentioned by 1 bro here in earlier posts.

I also meet lots of those watch sellers previously. Went top up petrol at Caltex near the old customs. As I wearing business wear so I look like easy target although I am not that small size [laugh].

Know what I usually do?i will plug out the petrol gun and aim near him and tell him I not interested. They usually walk away quickly coz if they do anything funny further i will just press the trigger and drown him with petrol. [sly][sly]

Now I usually drive to those crowded petrol stations and those pumps nearer to the cashiers so that I can watch the surroundings. My gf usually sits in the car but i will ask her to lock my driver door (it comes with those central lock system and to press horn if anyone tries to be funny.

is it the petrol station just outside the jb customs shell?

Thru my experience that one out from JB custom on the left side Shell is quite safe. Why? you may ask. Becos alot of police car go there and pump petrol. I spoke to one of the police officer while he was pumping petrol in his police car and he told me the police hv acc there. Sometimes you may see TP or police car parking at the side when they finished pumping.

Just my opinion. Things may hv changed.

Neutral Newbie

wasted. they should have rob your lexus or is it another one of your bmw spam again.

Lucky i did not drive my lexus or Bmw in i drove my OPC car Nissan latio. Don be so evil month it might be your turn one day

is it the petrol station just outside the jb customs shell?

Mobil at Taman Pelangi... wah lau your eyes c--k is it? wrong station and wrong plc...

*sorry for being rude... cant help it...

↡ Advertisement