Where to get cheap car rentals

Civic155

Had a really BAD experience when I tried renting from this car company in aljunied.

This is their website http://www.expresscar.com.sg

They have like 3 outlets in Singapore.

I booked an Altis an entire week before collection date and that I would like to pick up the car at 5pm. As usual they explained the prices and told me if I didn't have cpf contribution I had to make a deposit of 300. Seeming as I really just needed a car for a day I decided to just take it.

They did not call me to confirm the booking a day before collection so I called them early on the day of my booking. They told me they had OVERLOOKED my booking and the car had been given away?! When I told them they had confirmed that I would get an altis they said they NEVER EVER confirm their cars.

From here on it only gets better..

They told me I could get another nissan sunny for the same price but they would not be able to confirm a time. Eventually I took the sunny judging from the condition, definitely an "accident" car. The suspension was really bad, fuel level was only at a quarter full tank. The next day the company started calling me non stop at 9am. I was up the whole night at the station due to the accident I had seen caused by the torrid rains. So later I called them back and asked why were they calling me non stop.

The MANAGER started yelling at me. Telling me that I was to return the car that day itself. I told her of course, what was I going to do with it then?

Later on when I returned the car, they accused me of scratching the car. So I told them to check with the guy who released the car to me and I asked him if those scratches had been there from the start, they were.

Very very very bad experience with this particular outlet. Do not go there unless you want to end up paying for 3500 dollars in damages.

Had a really BAD experience when I tried renting from this car company in aljunied.

This is their website http://www.expresscar.com.sg

They have like 3 outlets in Singapore.

I booked an Altis an entire week before collection date and that I would like to pick up the car at 5pm. As usual they explained the prices and told me if I didn't have cpf contribution I had to make a deposit of 300. Seeming as I really just needed a car for a day I decided to just take it.

They did not call me to confirm the booking a day before collection so I called them early on the day of my booking. They told me they had OVERLOOKED my booking and the car had been given away?! When I told them they had confirmed that I would get an altis they said they NEVER EVER confirm their cars.

From here on it only gets better..

They told me I could get another nissan sunny for the same price but they would not be able to confirm a time. Eventually I took the sunny judging from the condition, definitely an "accident" car. The suspension was really bad, fuel level was only at a quarter full tank. The next day the company started calling me non stop at 9am. I was up the whole night at the station due to the accident I had seen caused by the torrid rains. So later I called them back and asked why were they calling me non stop.

The MANAGER started yelling at me. Telling me that I was to return the car that day itself. I told her of course, what was I going to do with it then?

Later on when I returned the car, they accused me of scratching the car. So I told them to check with the guy who released the car to me and I asked him if those scratches had been there from the start, they were.

Very very very bad experience with this particular outlet. Do not go there unless you want to end up paying for 3500 dollars in damages.

ban them then...

Cars for Rental... Interested please call Alf @ +65 85893614. Special packages available for this holidays. From Budget (1000cc) to SUV (3500cc). As low as $40* a day. Call or PM for enquiry.

Neutral Newbie

Car Rental, WEEKEND PACKAGE SPECIAL! From $180. Chevrolet Aveo 1.4 A for rent.

Free baby & child seats. For family driving only pls.

Interested, pls call 97327736.

Neutral Newbie

Car Rental, WEEKEND PACKAGE SPECIAL! From $180. Chevrolet Aveo 1.4 A for rent.

Free baby & child seats. For family driving only pls.

Interested, pls call 97327736.

Available this/next weekend. Interested pls sms.

would like to rent a car during CNY period, from Jan 21-27, pls PM me or email to below, your best quote, thanks.

[email protected]

Hi Saag, I just booked a cheap 7 day CNY package yesterday, the company was referred by my friend who usually rents a car from them. I'll pm you the company name and details.

Neutral Newbie

If you are looking for cars, this is the perfect site to find what you

Edited by Ella

Neutral Newbie

More info: $2000 per month rental for my 2008 BMW 520i (black), include road tax and insurance. Asking 2 months deposit, contract will be settled by me. Interested call me at 82012515 for viewing.

Neutral Newbie

I had a super bad experience with a car rental at shun li industrial park,

Was promise to have the Toyota Wish for a week to KL the week before, so i had my accomodation arrange in KL too and appointment arrange with my biz associates. The day arrive i took a cab from yishun to Shun Li industrial park which was bloody far, cost me about S$25. My horror came, the shop wasnt open and i was in a deserted place in the middle of an industrial park. I called the mobile again whom i contacted thru sgcarmart website, and he told me he wont be coming to office so early, will check with his partner ( That was freaking irresponsible to say that) and he didnt call me back...after 10 mins under the big hot sun, i called him back and he said car was taken to the workshop this morning and i got to choose another car!!!!!!! WTF, obviously he never had prepared any car for me in the first place if not he would have called me to say the car had gone wrong before i make the trip down!!!!! Instead of being apologetic, he shouted at me for accusing him, i had never ever seen such a business operator. if he got no mood to open for business then shut down since his customer service is bad, attitude is sucks.

the reason why i go to them in the first place was they were cheap, and my usual motorway didnt have the car i wanted, so now i know cheap and good doesnt come together, experience learn!!!!!! In the end i took another cab to motorway and got a car instantly. If you have no integrity, you will never succeed in your business.

Like what people always say, you pay for what you get. [:p] But for car rental, i think better to go to those big rental company instead of those small rental company like those located inside those industrial park. Even you get the car you want but the condition of the car might be in doubt?!

↡ Advertisement