Dental implant

Header

Twincharged

useless one, can only claim annual limit $1.5k... yearly premium $435.60...

so many restrictions, might as well dun buy. major surgey only claim up to 80% or up to annual limit of $1.5k which ever is lower. pui!

... anyway, i am into my 3rd premium ...so abt $70 ...if i can claim 80%, i still save quite alot.

but the doc was telling me that the policy has lots of red tape ... so will only find the the pros and cons when i file the actual claim.

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

Frankly, no pain even after the insertion process. My implant is at 1 of my front tooth.

so what was your timeline for the whole process from start to end ?

i wud be doing an extraction first.

Neutral Newbie

[laugh][laugh] same here! if not for my wisdom that i did not pulled out my teeth would be perfect!now ineed 2 inplant! if only i can used my medisave fully i could inplant all my teeth! [bigcry][bigcry]

i also feel the same way

i get frustrated thinking that medisave is my own money

and yet cannot take it out

Neutral Newbie

so what was your timeline for the whole process from start to end ?

i wud be doing an extraction first.

All started in late Nov 2010, 1 of my front tooth had turned bad, had it extracted and put the insert at 1 go. All this takes ard 30 mins. 3 or 4 days later remove stitches. After that, sometime in Mar 11 do the dental mould. 4 to 5 days after that, i got a new smile.

Edited by Alghojo

is dental implant reversible?

what if one day we grow old and decided to wear full denture, do we need to spend money to remove existing implant or just wear a denture to complement the old implants?

Implants are for life............

is dental implant reversible?

what if one day we grow old and decided to wear full denture, do we need to spend money to remove existing implant or just wear a denture to complement the old implants?

Twincharged

All started in late Nov 2010, 1 of my front tooth had turned bad, had it extracted and put the insert at 1 go. All this takes ard 30 mins. 3 or 4 days later remove stitches. After that, sometime in Mar 11 do the dental mould. 4 to 5 days after that, i got a new smile.

stitches ? did not read about that from all the pages i visited ....

so we can have the extraction and insertion at the same time ? but still have to wait another 3 to 4 months before the replacement tooth can be made ?

so during the 4 mths waiting time, you have a hole in your jaw ?

At that time, the Dentist will screw in a tiny rod to filled up the hole .

so we can have the extraction and insertion at the same time ? but still have to wait another 3 to 4 months before the replacement tooth can be made ?

Neutral Newbie

Yup, extract and insert at the same time.

The 3 to 4 mths wait is for the insert to gel or settle with the bones.

The stitches, using ur gum to cover the insert.

http://www.dentalimplant.com/topic4.htm

Twincharged

Yup, extract and insert at the same time.

The 3 to 4 mths wait is for the insert to gel or settle with the bones.

The stitches, using ur gum to cover the insert.

http://www.dentalimplant.com/topic4.htm

actually what i was asking above was during this 3-4 months of healing, will we have a hole on our row of teeh like this ?

missing-tooth-pic-getty-980394876.jpg

Twincharged

so there is no temporary fix for the missing tooth until after the healing period ? ... gonna affect my eating pleasure when i go korea in nov ....

btw, the screw looks really huge !!! how long is it by the way ?

one more thing, since the screw is kinda exposed, will there be any tingling feeling when you take hot or cold drinks ?

Edited by Ysc3

so there is no temporary fix for the missing tooth until after the healing period ? ... gonna affect my eating pleasure when i go korea in nov ....

bro, when u go korea u no need to use teeth! tongue will suffice! [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Hi guys, one of my kaki works in the dental industry. Got a few friends have done implants recently, The below are some info being passed on to me.

Implants loading time are depends largely on the patient's condition, habits and the implants being used. The dental implants are held to bones thru the screw thread for the first couple of weeks after which integration and bone growth into the implants take over the job. That is why most of the dentist install the crown after 4-5months. Better dental implants that promotes better bone growth and reproduction can shorten the treatment time. Therefore there are different pricing in the market.

if i have an existing denture with me, does that mean i can still wear my denture till the crown is ready?

it looks weird if they stuck a white stopper on ur tooth and ppl can see it oviously its not a tooth!

Edited by Babyt

But at least people know you're doing an implant, you are not toothless....:))

if i have an existing denture with place, that mean i can still wear my denture till the crown is ready?

it looks weird if they stuck a white stopper on ur tooth and ppl can see it oviously its not a tooth!

My sister goes to KL or JB for dental work. I cant tell you where though but much cheaper there. Follow up etc more troublesome but if 10 teeth save a lot!

↡ Advertisement