Car with aircon compressor that keeps running

Bluepica

I notice that my car aircon compressor r those that does not auto kick in/out... it is "on" all the time as long as I turn the on the A/C, no matter at what temperature set. when I increase the temp., the compressor does not stop working but only heat from the engine allows to enter the interior fan coil in order to set the cabin temperature.

For such car with such tech., how long can the compressor last if it keeps working and how fuel efficiency it is?

↡ Advertisement

What car are you driving? Some cars' compressor are cut in at all time with a pressure adjuster.

Avante... my previous Kia also the same, but that time I added a manual thermostat.

Neutral Newbie

Avante... my previous Kia also the same, but that time I added a manual thermostat.

Not too sure about Avante's air con system. You may wish to check with Hyundai about this.

Did you set it to Auto mode? Or did you set it to a certain fan speed, if yes, the compressor will keep running. In Auto mode it will start, stop to be consistent with your pre-set temp.

Did you set it to Auto mode? Or did you set it to a certain fan speed, if yes, the compressor will keep running. In Auto mode it will start, stop to be consistent with your pre-set temp.

Nop, the compressor won't stop running be it Auto mode or manual mode... the temp is regulated by how much hot coolant is allow to enter the cabin aircon system and not by start/stop the compressor. That's y when the car is idling, u won't hear the click click clack clack of the compressor running and stopping sound, or when driving u won't feel sudden rush of power when the compressor cuts off...

This is Korean car technology, I'm not sure about other made car.... so in that case I think the compressor "kong" even faster cos it's at work all the time unless u dun use aircon. :blink:

Maybe they prefer to have it running constantly. It may lengthen the lifespan of the compressor coz start stop actually might shorten the lifespan IMO. But constant running is at the expense of some FC vs start stop at the expense of the compressor. It's a matter of choice I guess. :huh:

bro...you may call this no.....83798630 (look for Meng), he may able to solve you problem, previously I had the same problem as yours...but he managed to fixed it.

Edited by Maersk1
↡ Advertisement