Alarm armed but doors not locked

Kklim

Supercharged

Got a problem I hope you guys can help with. The doors on my 6-yr-old Matrix do not lock when I arm the alarm (just replaced battery on remote). Doors also don

↡ Advertisement

Got a problem I hope you guys can help with. The doors on my 6-yr-old Matrix do not lock when I arm the alarm (just replaced battery on remote). Doors also don

Hi there,

If your Matrix comes with central lock, you can try to lock with your lock button (together with power window console, i guess), then check which door is not lock. This way you can determine which door actuator is faulty. If all door can lock properly, most likely its the alarm system being unable to lock. As for now, you can lock with key then activate alarm. Hope this help.

Neutral Newbie

hi all,

i have send to workshop and check. they mention is the actuator problem. fix in singapore will cause S$60. CAll up MY surprise that it only cost RM30 + workmanship.

well, to me if it works, it fine :)

thanks to those who helped me :)

Neutral Newbie

Hi bros, I have a problem with my central lock. Doors can lock and open but dont have the usual 1 or 2 sounds from the system. I wonder whats wrong with the alarm system. My ride is the Tucson.

Thank you very much for your advice. [wave]

Hi bros, I have a problem with my central lock. Doors can lock and open but dont have the usual 1 or 2 sounds from the system. I wonder whats wrong with the alarm system. My ride is the Tucson.

Thank you very much for your advice. [wave]

Wiring output to alarm horn is loose, horn is faulty(very unlikely) or alarm unit is faulty.

If your horn is working perfectly, then the problem lies from the wiring to the alarm unit.

If you can trace the wires to the alarm unit and do a connectivity test, you would be able to check if the wires are broken.

If all is fine and you have the alarm manual, you can trace the output points and measure output when alarm unit is locked/unlocked.

If alarm unit is spoilt and no more warranty, then my advice is to install an aftermarket alarm/module at the fraction of the replacement cost if the sound if important to you.

If your car is under warranty, then throw back to the AD to repair.

↡ Advertisement