Flip Key

BoneStock

hi folks,

anyone duplicated your stock remote to a flip key type? Sample picture can be found here http://www.tradekey.com/selloffer_view/id/2449248.htm

I hope the flip key is durable as I am planning to keep my ride for another few years. One of my 2 stock remotes is dead and the other is intermittent. So thinking of duplicating it before it dies completely. Heard it can be troublesome to duplicate the remote if it is not working already.

Anyway, below are some of the shops offering flip keys.

1) Soxxi - http://www.autokey.sg/index.php

2) Velocikey - http://www.velocikey.webs.com/

3) Sglocksmith - www.sglocksmith.com/

4) Newton - www.newtonautokeys.com/

those with experience please advise me which one you prefer to get the flip key done.

thanks!

Edited by BoneStock
↡ Advertisement

roughly how much is it? wanna change. dun like the idea of so many keys getting stuck in pocket and dangling. damn irritating sia

the 1st one quoted me 95...the other 3 quoted 50.

mine is very simple remote and my key do not have the immobiliser feature...so it is cheaper

Your current remotes are running flat? Replace battery lah..... less than $5

If its like those small ones for calculators. Cost like $1.80 only

Neutral Newbie

forget abt no.1..i changeover a year ago tat time offer abt 70 bucks..

still functioning..but kinda loose n flimsy.. meaning not very solid built

probably china one i think...

dunno bout the rest. . .

but number 1 has no fixed price, today quote you this price, next week you go become another price. . .

and they see everybody as carrots. . . try to chop customers as much as possible. . .

[thumbsdown]

dunno bout the rest. . .

but number 1 has no fixed price, today quote you this price, next week you go become another price. . .

and they see everybody as carrots. . . try to chop customers as much as possible. . .

[thumbsdown]

not sure about the inconsistent quotes as i only called them once. But the price they quoted me is definitely steep compared to the others

forget abt no.1..i changeover a year ago tat time offer abt 70 bucks..

still functioning..but kinda loose n flimsy.. meaning not very solid built

probably china one i think...

I see...thanks for the info [thumbsup]

(edited)

I just made the flip key today with the 3rd shop. I was given 3 different models to choose from....come with either 3 or 4 buttons. My original remote has 4 buttons but eventually I settled for a 3-button flip key cos its design is more appealing to me. Had to sacrifice the "car finder", which I hardly use anyway.

Edited by BoneStock

I just made the flip key today with the 3rd shop. I was given 3 different models to choose from....come with either 3 or 4 buttons. My original remote has 4 buttons but eventually I settled for a 3-button flip key cos its design is more appealing to me. Had to sacrifice the "car finder", which I hardly use anyway.

how much u get it done?

is it applicable to all car keys?

from what I heard, not all remotes can be duplicated. it also depends on whether your car comes with immobiliser. With this, even if it can be duplicated, the cost will be much higher. Call up the shops in the 1st post to find out if they can duplicate the remote for your ride.

Neutral Newbie

from what I heard, not all remotes can be duplicated. it also depends on whether your car comes with immobiliser. With this, even if it can be duplicated, the cost will be much higher. Call up the shops in the 1st post to find out if they can duplicate the remote for your ride.

Wonder if they can "combine" functions of 2 remotes into 1 [:p]

Cos I have the stock key with remote open/close for left/right sliding door, but the alarm arming (remote lock/unlock) comes fr the aftermarket system. now I find stock key (with buttons on key) & a remote dangling ... <_<

Neutral Newbie

another scenario is the fellow flip while inside pants pocket..

later u realise ur walkin around w a flipped key..my personal experience w TS no.1 shop. :angry:

↡ Advertisement