Initial impressions of honda fit

JeRrRKKKK

my car just crashed earlier today and the outlook is not good

went down to the car dealer to look for another car and he recommended the honda fit

so i went for a test drive and i find that the fit is actually very fast car for its small engine, probably as fast as my previous kia koup at low speeds but the engine seems more willing to perform at higher speeds... the dealer says that it can top out at 130km/h

the car is really easy to control and because of its small length from driver's view to front of vehicle, it is extremely easy to judge u-turns and tight corners

interior is similar to my soon to be previous car, everything's plastic but honda's plastics seem to be of a higher quality

front seats are relatively spacious, back seats are rather cramp though

understand the fuel tank is only 33L, the car should be able to go 16km/l, how true is this?

overall i'm relatively impressed by the car

any fit drivers here?

what are your impressions of this car?

i'm seriously considering this atm. i will need a car for CNY so i have to buy a new one within the next few days provided i'm able to settle the bank loan and stuff for my previous car...

crashed the thing even before i made the 1st payment off the installment

very huge disappointment

↡ Advertisement

KIA Koup? New and crashed? Total damage? Hmmmmm...

That's KIA for you. =X

Anyway, I think Fit is not fast at all. You should try Golf GT or GTi for that kinda size of ride.

I feel Fit has soft body and dangerous even comparing to your ex-Koup.

I think you should stay away from driving at this moment. =p

koup is out for how long only u crash it liao? pls dun buy any car... take public transport better... i dun wan to see u crashing into some bystander or tree soon...

Neutral Newbie

Didn't you just collect your new car? What happened bro? :o

Your buddy CH_CO drives a Fit btw. [:p] I strongly advise you to look at other alternatives first before locking on into the Fit.

Edited by Karnaugh

the koup has some serious design issues, you can't see anything at all from the driver's position and the lower gears are too powerful as compared to the higher gears

if you felt gears 1 and 2 you'll think that gear 3 is as powerful, but once you hit gear 3 you'll be disappointed

anything above 100 becomes a snail even if you floor the accelerator

bladii lousy car if you asked me

and yes, i crashed the thing at mscp, the car is heavy and looks like a tank but once it crashed everything looked like it was made of paper

anyway my paper value is high because of the high COE and i bought OPC so i estimate i'll only lose around 10k - 15k at most

the mechanic said that the repair would also cost around 10 - 15k

i think if i had to pay that sort of money, i wouldn't get the koup at all

thus i'm considering to get the fit, the interest rate would be higher at 2.28% but it will be negated by the lower insurance

i was quoted 3.2k per year for insurance, was paying 3.9k for the koup

not sure how to settle the insurance though because i've yet to make my insurance payment for koup and i won't be claiming insurance anyway

my only worry now is that i will not be able to get another bank loan because of my previous loan

i have money to settle the previous loan but after settling and downpayment for a new car, i'll be left almost pennyless... which is not good at all :)

Ermm.. u got declare that u now have a pending insurance claim? I'm guessing your next car insurance won't be $3.2k... [cool]

Neutral Newbie

the koup has some serious design issues, you can't see anything at all from the driver's position and the lower gears are too powerful as compared to the higher gears

if you felt gears 1 and 2 you'll think that gear 3 is as powerful, but once you hit gear 3 you'll be disappointed

anything above 100 becomes a snail even if you floor the accelerator

bladii lousy car if you asked me

and yes, i crashed the thing at mscp, the car is heavy and looks like a tank but once it crashed everything looked like it was made of paper

anyway my paper value is high because of the high COE and i bought OPC so i estimate i'll only lose around 10k - 15k at most

the mechanic said that the repair would also cost around 10 - 15k

i think if i had to pay that sort of money, i wouldn't get the koup at all

thus i'm considering to get the fit, the interest rate would be higher at 2.28% but it will be negated by the lower insurance

not sure how to settle the insurance though because i've yet to make my insurance payment for koup and i won't be claiming insurance anyway

my only worry now is that i will not be able to get another bank loan because of my previous loan

i have money to settle the previous loan but after settling and downpayment for a new car, i'll be left almost pennyless... which is not good at all :)

All the bells and whistles at first and now you blame the car for being lousy after u totaled it? Maybe you would like to share more details on how you total lost a car in a MSCP? If not, you are not doing the car any justice and it won't be long before those Nazi comes and gloat. <_< Are you a troll in any sense? [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

(edited)

All the bells and whistles at first and now you blame the car for being lousy after u totaled it? Maybe you would like to share more details on how you total lost a car in a MSCP? If not, you are not doing the car any justice and it won't be long before those Nazi comes and gloat. <_< Are you a troll in any sense? [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

i accidentally stepped on the accelerator instead of the brake when i wanted to turn and it crashed straight into the wall infront of me

let them come in and gloat, the koup is a lousy car anyway

for the 2 weeks i had it i had to pump $60 worth of petrol every week, performance wasn't anything good, drank fuel like a 2.4L car

i was getting 8km/L for a 1.6 which couldn't run and needed a whole airport runway to hit 140km/h

upslope performance is worst, you can never gain any speed on a slight upslope at 5th gear, this is where ivtec would have greatly helped

anyway kia cars got totally no reliability, i've seen honda cars involved in accidents and they hold up far better than my previous car

Edited by JeRrRKKKK

and yes, i crashed the thing at mscp,

Wa lau TS... You totalled you car...at a MSCP??? :o

What were your doing there?? learning how to fly the car??

Anyway pardon the pun... my condolences to your soon to be loss....

Gloat i won't . Things speak for itself. My condolences. It is a mishap that no one wants to bring themselves on. Anyway , have i anything to do with this whole topic for you to bring me in ?

Moderators please pay attention to people who bring unwanted attention as well as names calling to others which has totally no intentions of participation before this escalates to a mindless cheap argument. I thought that's under the rules and regulations?

Edited by CH_CO

i accidentally stepped on the accelerator instead of the brake when i wanted to turn and it crashed straight into the wall infront of me

let them come in and gloat, the koup is a lousy car anyway

for the 2 weeks i had it i had to pump $60 worth of petrol every week, performance wasn't anything good, drank fuel like a 2.4L car

i was getting 8km/L for a 1.6 which couldn't run and needed a whole airport runway to hit 140km/h

upslope performance is worst, you can never gain any speed on a slight upslope at 5th gear, this is where ivtec would have greatly helped

anyway kia cars got totally no reliability, i've seen honda cars involved in accidents and they hold up far better than my previous car

Did any of the 6 air bags activated? Should be considered a safe car, right? Cos you're alright?

I'm sorry for your lost, that was a good looking car.... [bigcry]

Ooh I see... stepped on the wrong padel...

Were you an auto car driver previously??

In my 12 years behind the wheel, I have never stepped on the wrong padel... its quite far apart isn't it??

↡ Advertisement