2011 Kia Sportage

Cactus

The European Registry must be a bigger thorn in the side of automakers than the likes of Brenda Priddy and her minions. After all, the new-vehicle images the Registry keeps in its database are devoid of camouflage, and the latest to show its face (and rear, and roof, and flanks) appears to be the 2011 Kia Sportage.

Based on these images, the new Sportage looks to be a big step up from the friendly but aged current model. Underneath slick new sheetmetal that's in keeping with Kia's current family design themes, the Sportage will likely share much with the just-unveiled Hyundai Tucson. No word yet on when we'll see the trucklet's official unveiling, but given that Kia's usually good for a significant reveal at the New York Auto Show, we'll wager that at the very least, we'll see the Sportage's North American debut in the Javits Center in late March/early April. Stay tuned. http://www.autoblog.com/2010/01/16/europea...1-kia-sportage/

If the real thing looks like this, it's really fabulous,what ya think?

2011-Kia-Sorento-1.jpg

2011-Kia-Sorento-3.jpg_w480.jpg

2011-Kia-Sorento-4.jpg_w480.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

KIA is getting better and chunning out more and more pretty design... japanese got to be careful laio... but too bad KIA SE decided to adapt the "u wan u buy u dont wan dont bother me" motto... pretty sad... few years back going to KIA was a wonderful experience... now... no more...

instead Toyota SE from the "u wan u buy u dont wan dont bother me" motto become more friendlier and more keen to serve...

Neutral Newbie

KIA is getting better and chunning out more and more pretty design... japanese got to be careful laio... but too bad KIA SE decided to adapt the "u wan u buy u dont wan dont bother me" motto... pretty sad... few years back going to KIA was a wonderful experience... now... no more...

instead Toyota SE from the "u wan u buy u dont wan dont bother me" motto become more friendlier and more keen to serve...

It depends who u have met. [cool]

I believe most of the SEs still want sales....

2011 Sportage seems nice and I would not mind upgrading my current one to it when launched in singapore. I feel that Hyundai Kia is getting better and better in design. those who are still lost in 'made in japan' won't believe that. but i dare say that if they keep producing cars that are reliable and attractive ,they will take over japan brands sooner or later. And I believe Kia new chief designer has the ability to transform the brand image of Kia from 'cheap and cheerful' to 'reliable and unique'. Those who bamouth Korea cars by saying that they are no different from look-alike contestants,I am just wondering the lastest mitsubishi lancer i see on roads drew imspiration from Kia Forte. What's more, don't be fooled by people saying that Japan cars are better. My advice is that try driving it before u buy,compare and then choose a car that can give you the best satisfaction based on ur individual needs or family needs. Before buying a car,don't let the bias make you choose a car from a brand with better image. I really don't care people around me saying that Kia is a cheap brand. the most imporant is that I like it and it preforms incredibly great. Kia and Hyundai are serious about upgrading thier image too. Hyundai invested billions for R&D and Kia hired a designer who worked for Audi. I just hope that Korea cars will gain more popularity.They are currently underrated simply bcoz they were inferior to Japan or Europe cars. This is unfair as the world is constantly changing.The world power might change from US to China. The same can happen to the automobile industry too. I wonder why some people still look down on Korea cars.

Kia and Hyundai are truly upcoming, no denying that...if Honda and Toyota still continue with their sub-standard cars, i don't think they will survive in the next 10yrs...

the reason why GM went bankrupt last year is because people in USA are offered the Genesis sedan by Hyundai...

that was a revolution as it was priced the same as the Chevy Malibu sedan (Genesis rival), but build quality was of a Lexus...full leather dashboard and doors...

people in USA only care about low selling price...but with the Genesis, it's really cheap, well engineered, and really well built...

but from what i see in the current Tucson/ix35 and Kia Sorento, they still have a long way to go for build quality...

only if they apply Genesis quality even on their base models, like the Avante, Sonata, then Honda and Toyota are really in big trouble...

i wouldnt mind switching to korean cars later on, if they are priced value for money. cause its a fact and everybody knows that its expensive to drive in singapore but alot of times, when the AD "made it" , then they start to UP their price..

i'd like to see Kia and Hyundai overtake Toyota in their sales...i believe they have what it takes to do so...

however at this day and age, i'm won over by Volkswagen, especially their Passat CC...

i really luv :wub: their soft-touch plastics and door design...not many car manufacturers really put in effort to design their doors properly or for any matter their cars properly...

hopefully Hyundai or Kia makes something to rival the Passat CC...i will wait for the 2011 Passat CC to arrive though...i find the front of the car still a little ugly [laugh]

i'd like to see Kia and Hyundai overtake Toyota in their sales...i believe they have what it takes to do so...

however at this day and age, i'm won over by Volkswagen, especially their Passat CC...

i really luv :wub: their soft-touch plastics and door design...not many car manufacturers really put in effort to design their doors properly or for any matter their cars properly...

hopefully Hyundai or Kia makes something to rival the Passat CC...i will wait for the 2011 Passat CC to arrive though...i find the front of the car still a little ugly [laugh]

Only if they provide more value for money packages and get better customer services & sales team, the chances will definitely be better!

I love the passat CC too and plus it will get with 5 seaters soon! The downside is locally VSG over price with PM of more than $30K!!!

Edited by 7007

i must say kia is there in terms of equipping their cars with features...

the Forte SX models is well-equipped for me already...

but quality still has to be improved...

if the Peoples CAR (VW) can make such high quality cars, why can't Kia or Hyundai??

Yup,Genesis is a really well-done piece of Hyundai. I was expecting Hyundai Tucson to outshin eeasily its potential rivals ,given the fact that they put in a lot of time and money to finalise Tucson project.However, I am a bit disappointed with the engine performance of Tucson. Exterior design wise,I dun have much to complain. It is eye-catchy and they did try to veer off the typical SUV,especially the nose.I am just hoping that the coming Kia Sportage is armed with power to outshine Japan SUVs. I can't figure out why some singaporenas buy Japan cars even if some cars are ultra ugly to me.Is it only me who is feeling this way? The latest mitsubishi lancer is really ugly and out of proportionality.

Edited by Greatsingapore

Yup,Genesis is a really well-done piece of Hyundai. I was expecting Hyundai Tucson to outshin eeasily its potential rivals ,given the fact that they put in a lot of time and money to finalise Tucson project.However, I am a bit disappointed with the engine performance of Tucson. Exterior design wise,I dun have much to complain. It is eye-catchy and they did try to veer off the typical SUV,especially the nose.I am just hoping that the coming Kia Sportage is armed with power to outshine Japan SUVs. I can't figure out why some singaporenas buy Japan cars even if some cars are ultra ugly to me.Is it only me who is feeling this way? The latest mitsubishi lancer is really ugly and out of proportionality.

to be honest.... i love honda's design like civic, odyssey, stream, jazz

but i particularly hate new CRV.... SUPER FUGLY especially the front grille.

its a total joke and i won't even dare to be seen driving one.

the Tucson may look fierce, but doesn't drive like one...

the interior is also definitely not a good place to be in...

it's also rather expensive, hence many will turn to the Sorento (or wait for the Sportage) for refuge...