Audi A5 Sportback

Elviskoh

Turbocharged
On 1/4/2020 at 4:59 AM, mel1888 said:

A5 at 155k? If thats true i must been out of touch. Last time it was going for 190 ish range. Just wait for car show or PA promos. Better deals. Get woman SA, i feel they fight harder for u because they more "hungry".

The current promo. The pricelist still shows it at around 200k. In the newspaper it's $169k as a motorshow special.

I gave it a try yesterday, but didn't have enough time to get a good feel of it. A little firm, so you feel bumps but it cushions it out decently. Engine is definitely a gutsy performer but doesn't make much of an enjoyable sound.

I was told you can pay $5,000 for warranted MTM tuning to uprate the power to match the Sport TFSI 45 model, which doesn't seem too bad compared to the extra $70k for the Sport model. At $270k you are only getting the extra stock power, quattro, multicolor ambient lighting and the heads up display as extra, which is outrageous.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

3 hours ago, Scholesy said:

Ok add me, 150k I get one also. Thanks 

Hi guys. Sorry to say but I have bad news for all of you interested parties. 150k is an impossible price for the A5. Maybe the A4 is a considerable option. I have a friend working in Audi SG and clearly stated there's no way they price can go that low.

The roadshow price of 169999 is the best price which Audi SG is normally willing to offer. Paiseh. Audi's promo prices are normally their best offer, and so seems unlikely.

Let me know if you guys keen on any model. We can go in together

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Koster said:

So many interested parties. Why not group buy so as to have more bargaining power?

Apparently minimum price for a5 is 165k. So either way this price won't be possible. Any interested parties for a4/q3 plz pm me. les go togt

Edited by carlovexes

4 minutes ago, carlovexes said:

Hi guys. Sorry to say but I have bad news for all of you interested parties. 150k is an impossible price for the A5. Maybe the A4 is a considerable option. I have a friend working in Audi SG and clearly stated there's no way they price can go that low.

The roadshow price of 169999 is the best price which Audi SG is normally willing to offer. Paiseh. Audi's promo prices are normally their best offer, and so seems unlikely.

Let me know if you guys keen on any model. We can go in together

170k for Air5 not attractive at all.. 

How to go in? For that price, I will strongly consider PI C180..

Hard Truth..

• Praise 2

13 minutes ago, Freeder said:

Hard Truth..

I feel a5 better than c180 anyway. If u don't mind sharing your opinion on why u choose c class over a5 and of course a4 too

Turbocharged

Basic cost of the A5SB TFSI 40 looks around $130k. So if they're willing to drop their margin to $35k, that's already "good" for a car from PA.

Compared to the C180, remember that the A5 is a hatchback and has more power. And PI cars have iffier aftersupport.

Anyhow, after driving and looking at the A5 in the showroom, I personally think I won't go for it. Although the ~$160k price range makes it a decent deal, it feels too compromised for me. It's not as comfortable compared to what I'm used to and I have no doubt my passengers will complain about the low roof. It's fine when you're sitting inside but getting in and out of it is a bit of a chore, plus I find the front window and mirrors too small, among other things.

Edited by 7hm

1 hour ago, Freeder said:

Hard Truth..

interesting, dont mind me asking, can i know why?

1 hour ago, 7hm said:

Basic cost of the A5SB TFSI 40 looks around $130k. So if they're willing to drop their margin to $35k, that's already "good" for a car from PA.

Compared to the C180, remember that the A5 is a hatchback and has more power. And PI cars have iffier aftersupport.

Anyhow, after driving and looking at the A5 in the showroom, I personally think I won't go for it. Although the ~$160k price range makes it a decent deal, it feels too compromised for me. It's not as comfortable compared to what I'm used to and I have no doubt my passengers will complain about the low roof. It's fine when you're sitting inside but getting in and out of it is a bit of a chore, plus I find the front window and mirrors too small, among other things.

some ppl drool over those coupe-like looks haha

but i agree, if u ferry elderly or has to put kid in child seat, ingress and egress can be tough

it's on sports suspension, so ride is firmer than a4

1 hour ago, SZ_ford said:

interesting, dont mind me asking, can i know why?

Being practical, once you wan to sell the car😅😅

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
2 hours ago, SZ_ford said:

some ppl drool over those coupe-like looks haha

but i agree, if u ferry elderly or has to put kid in child seat, ingress and egress can be tough

it's on sports suspension, so ride is firmer than a4

I have a Mondeo, so I can tell you that coupe-like styling does not have to be that compromised.

Yes, the lowered firmer sport suspension is a bit too firm for my taste. But it cushions impacts reasonably well, similar to the S3 I drove a few months ago. You will feel things, but without being painful.

4 minutes ago, 7hm said:

I have a Mondeo, so I can tell you that coupe-like styling does not have to be that compromised.

Yes, the lowered firmer sport suspension is a bit too firm for my taste. But it cushions impacts reasonably well, similar to the S3 I drove a few months ago. You will feel things, but without being painful.

ahh i used to drive mondeo too....is it coupe-like? it's tall with a hatchback

a5 sits a lot lower, i guess to give that sporty feel

Turbocharged
33 minutes ago, SZ_ford said:

ahh i used to drive mondeo too....is it coupe-like? it's tall with a hatchback

a5 sits a lot lower, i guess to give that sporty feel

The Mk V has a very sporty roofline and silhouette, but in terms of height it is still relatively normal. 

It still looks very sleek, in my opinion better than a CLA, it's akin to the Arteon.

The Mk IV, if that was the one you drove, is a little bit more ungainly, but still has a sleek roofline.

Of course, the big difference is that it is not marketed as a coupe. The foreign ads paint it as a highly stylish car (and I wholeheartedly agree), but it has never been officially referred to as a coupe. So it is not as low as those that are.

Edited by 7hm
↡ Advertisement