Audi A5 Sportback

Elviskoh

7 hours ago, Wt_know said:

$32K margin for a "lifestyle" car is lelong ... imho

msrp was $204k, $40k off wasn't ditch out easily since day 1 right?

but obviously audi cannot command the fat margin like the other 2 marques

if we calculate merc and bmw margin will vomit blood ... lol

I first noticed the huge discount on the A5 during Audi's 9.9 sale last year, it was also around 167k

true, merc and bmw margins will be higher. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

1 hour ago, Dinosaur33 said:

Prices and deals aside. I must say that the service provided by the product advisor - ladies in black attire (pardon my ignorance, if I address your corporate title incorrectly) is really excellent. They were really detailed in their explanation in the vehicle interior and virtual cockpit as well as some basic fundamental specification of the vehicle.

They were able to provide some basic and brief introduction on the space of the boots of the vehicle and some of the special features. Also, they were also able to explain some of the premium upgrade (e.g. size of the rim upgrade etc)

Kudos to Audi Singapore for such wonderful and awesome customer experience (CX). Keep up the good and excellent work. Really appreciate the wonderful experience with your staffs at Singapore Motorshow 2020

i would rather have more discount than to pay for all the overheads that the agent incur to provide for the great customer experience.  

2 hours ago, Lotr said:

i would rather have more discount than to pay for all the overheads that the agent incur to provide for the great customer experience.  

This I have to agree. When people tell me AD provides perks like free taxi fare when servicing etc, all I can say is that all these are already inclusive in the purchase price.

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, Adrianli said:

This was the same standard from Audi since the last two shows. These gals in black and guys in black bow tie must be able to introduce the basic information of the car they are assigned to. They have the remote to the car will explain in full detail to you inside the car especially the various mmi functions.

When you are really interested then the SE comes in.

Yes, that is what I am talking about. Well at least for me, when I intend of making a purchase, I wouldn't be familiar with what are some of the newer development and improvement in the car development. 

I personally thought that it was a positive gesture.

By the way, I am not in the buyer market. Just curious to see what are available in the motor show. 

3 hours ago, Lotr said:

Sorry, I think you got me wrong. I didn't give much attention to the price and discount. So I also don't know what aggressive discount they give for the A5 sportback.

My logic is very simple, if you are in the targeted audience for premium brand means you are the target audience. No need to heckle like if you are in the fish market.

Every business also need to make money, either you can jolly well afford or you cannot afford. If you feel that the agent/authorized dealer is earning too much, means you are not in their targeted audience/market buyer. Then you have to look elsewhere.

• Praise 5

3 minutes ago, Dinosaur33 said:

Sorry, I think you got me wrong. I didn't give much attention to the price and discount. So I also don't know what aggressive discount they give for the A5 sportback.

My logic is very simple, if you are in the targeted audience for premium brand means you are the target audience. No need to heckle like if you are in the fish market.

Every business also need to make money, either you can jolly well afford or you cannot afford. If you feel that the agent/authorized dealer is earning too much, means you are not in their targeted audience/market buyer. Then you have to look elsewhere.

Well said!!!

29 minutes ago, Dinosaur33 said:

I beg to differ the last point. It's not a matter of jolly well can afford or not. It's a matter of willing to pay or not. Buyers have the right to choose the product with the best value for money. Whether they want to be carrot, it's the buyer's prerogative. 

17 minutes ago, Dinosaur33 said:

No need to apologize, I don't think I got you wrong, you are just saying that the agent gives good customer experience.  And I am just saying that I would rather they give more discounts.  I did not say anything about affordability, price-haggling, targeted audience etc.

According to your reply, if I can afford, I should pay whatever the agent is asking?  Haggling over price is just part of business and I have had salespeople asking me to offer them a price.  

12 hours ago, Wt_know said:

$32K margin for a "lifestyle" car is lelong ... imho

msrp was $204k, $40k off wasn't ditch out easily since day 1 right?

but obviously audi cannot command the fat margin like the other 2 marques

if we calculate merc and bmw margin will vomit blood ... lol

Wearnes margin for Volvo also 🤮 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

I like wowo car. Be it new or used, the depreciation  is either comparable or even higher than other makes with their omv  much lower..

Not a good buy unless for the hard-core.

Neutral Newbie
14 hours ago, carlovexes said:

Absolutely agree with you. Just ignore that guy. Seems like he's only here to spread confusion. Hasn't been of any help to anyone and only seems to make things worse for everyone here.

Is it no servicing included at all ? What all is in the 165700 quoted price ?

This may be a good time to hit the showroom since the new model should be coming soon.

No servicing or any accessory included. “Only” 5 year warranty and 1 year road tax. The rest is up to ones negotiation skills. 

1 hour ago, Hamburger said:

I like wowo car. Be it new or used, the depreciation  is either comparable or even higher than other makes with their omv  much lower..

Not a good buy unless for the hard-core.

Yup. Wearnes cars are all rather desirable....ie wowo, jaguar, land rover

Turbocharged
15 hours ago, Lotr said:

Basic cost 133k, selling price 165k. 32k profit margin, I wouldn't call say it is lelong

as you say, basic cost.

this is not targeted at pple who look at basic cost and mark up.

sama sales budget, got bottom up and always end up top down budget.

Same thing for margin.. there is gross margin and there is nett margin..

$ spent is always subjective, worth or not also subjective.

if wanna do margin calculation, swiss watches have the bloody biggest margin 😜

26 minutes ago, Vegas said:

as you say, basic cost.

this is not targeted at pple who look at basic cost and mark up.

sama sales budget, got bottom up and always end up top down budget.

Same thing for margin.. there is gross margin and there is nett margin..

$ spent is always subjective, worth or not also subjective.

if wanna do margin calculation, swiss watches have the bloody biggest margin 😜

The basic cost and markup is to for consumers to see if the final price is  a good deal or can get better deal and can also use to compare between similar models.

I don't think Premium Auto will presume that A5 buyers don't look at basic cost and mark up, if so, they might as well price them at the original price.

Edited by Lotr

9 hours ago, Enye said:

wah ... i like to bargain like in a fish market one leh

looks like i not in audi targeted audience 

😬😅

Don't like that say.. what I meant is you should build some customer relationship with the salesperson in charge. Negotiate a good deal that both parties are willing to compromise with each other.

Whatever pricing and deal that you negotiate, keep in confidential. Like that both parties also win mah. You all make it sound like Audi drop price, like want to capture market share or entice those will a shallower pocket to buy. Don't sound good to the buyer as well as the authorized agent.

I read some comments, straightaway talk about pricing already. On one hand, you "shoot" those who are in the buyer market for Audi products. On the other hand, you go and "shoot" the authorized dealer for bring good products and services to you. Like that not fair to both parties.

Those who get good deal, don't share in public domain/forums la. 

On 1/10/2020 at 9:02 PM, mel1888 said:

Im 1.8 too. My head is close to touching the headliner. So anyone taller need to slouch lower when seated. Even the 7 not much diff in headroom either. That what make these cars look more slick then 4 or 6, the sloping roof.

i'm lucky, people who i usually ferry are hardly over 1.7m, haha

though loading my kid into her child seat in the rear, can be back breaking 

usu people who asks a lot whether ppty or change car mostly dun buy in the end. either they eventually swayed to a cheaper deal or they r not firm in the first place so had to ask ard.  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2