Audi A5 Sportback

Elviskoh

1 hour ago, mersaylee said:

Thanks...

my colleague and I had a conversation on the difference bt VW and Audi 7 speed dual clutch GB...searched the wiki ended up both more confused...

What about these two...should be wet as well? Exact same drivetrain DQ3xx or DQ5xx? 

https://m.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=853224

https://m.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=837856

the 1.0 A1 should be dry type then. 

https://m.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=839191

Should be 7 speed dry clutch

2 hours ago, mersaylee said:

Thanks...

my colleague and I had a conversation on the difference bt VW and Audi 7 speed dual clutch GB...searched the wiki ended up both more confused...

What about these two...should be wet as well? Exact same drivetrain DQ3xx or DQ5xx? 

https://m.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=853224

https://m.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=837856

the 1.0 A1 should be dry type then. 

https://m.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=839191

Yes. The lower end ones use dry. Such as A3, Q2, Golf, Polo, Skoda Octavia, Karoq, Seat Arona, Ateca 2WD etc.

22 minutes ago, Midorima said:

Yes. The lower end ones use dry. Such as A3, Q2, Golf, Polo, Skoda Octavia, Karoq, Seat Arona, Ateca 2WD etc.

Passat and Superb 1.8 as well, iirc

15 hours ago, Midorima said:

Octavia has V6 variant...that should be paired with the 7speed wet then which I believe the torque should be easily over 250Nm...

I think if I ever go for any Audi or VW...would just ask seller to put down signature on whether it’s wet or dry as guarantor...sibei luan...🤪

So can't assume 2l will be wet clutch? Cos if seemed that's always the combo right? 

Btw, quite drawn to this car. Anyone can share the longer term reliability of the recent model, such as issues on drivertrain, leaks, electronics like virtual cockpit, audi service quality like ease of making appointment, warranty claim etc. 

Was told by sales the service package is in excess of 2k for 3 servicing, but can service outside. As long as I service on time and keep records, audi will not void my warranty. 

Huh? Pay 2k for a package of 3x servicing yet do it outside just to retain warranty? Unless the warranty is of 5 years instead of the usual 3...then the remaining servicing elsewhere till year 5 is worth it. 

52 minutes ago, Fuelsaver said:

So can't assume 2l will be wet clutch? Cos if seemed that's always the combo right? 

Btw, quite drawn to this car. Anyone can share the longer term reliability of the recent model, such as issues on drivertrain, leaks, electronics like virtual cockpit, audi service quality like ease of making appointment, warranty claim etc. 

Was told by sales the service package is in excess of 2k for 3 servicing, but can service outside. As long as I service on time and keep records, audi will not void my warranty. 

hello, i'm in the A5 b9 whatapps group. so far about 120 of us in it.

given that this car only started selling 2 years ago, i cant say if its very reliable. so far so gd for me.

I know some owners do complain about:

• aircon not being cold
  • error message in virtual cockpit
  • boot may open on its own
  • window cant wind down

all can be resolved, no major issue with engine or gearbox yet. as for booking of appt,  many ways to do it, call them, book online or using their app

• Praise 6

Neutral Newbie
4 hours ago, SZ_ford said:

given that this car only started selling 2 years ago, i cant say if its very reliable. so far so gd for me.

• aircon not being cold
  • window cant wind down

all can be resolved, no major issue with engine or gearbox yet. as for booking of appt,  many ways to do it, call them, book online or using their app

Hi, just to ask what is the fuel consumption for A5 b9? One full tank is 55L I think. Can run 500km?

Agreed that not much seen on the road as well. 

4 hours ago, mersaylee said:

Huh? Pay 2k for a package of 3x servicing yet do it outside just to retain warranty? Unless the warranty is of 5 years instead of the usual 3...then the remaining servicing elsewhere till year 5 is worth it. 

43 minutes ago, Lkh007 said:

Hi, just to ask what is the fuel consumption for A5 b9? One full tank is 55L I think. Can run 500km?

Agreed that not much seen on the road as well. 

we talk about this a lot in the chat.

i think very much dependent on your daily route and driving style.

I usually get about 620km per tank..... best was 700km.

Some owners get 400+km, probably more start stop traffic

• Praise 3

11 hours ago, SZ_ford said:

• aircon not being cold
  • window cant wind down

What's your mileage like bro? So mean the infamous conti car eat engine oil issue no longer exist? 

7 minutes ago, Fuelsaver said:

What's your mileage like bro? So mean the infamous conti car eat engine oil issue no longer exist? 

Im getting 7.1l/100km.

Ehh i not sure about that...touchwood haha

8 hours ago, Fuelsaver said:

That's pretty good. How many km have u travelled? 

just over year, reaching 22k km. i think 70% highway for me

• Praise 1

Got mine in June and a great ride so far. 

Except finding my car boot open on two occasions. Couldn't be sure whether I press by error or car fault...

• Praise 1

4 hours ago, Surpize said:

Got mine in June and a great ride so far. 

Except finding my car boot open on two occasions. Couldn't be sure whether I press by error or car fault...

Bro, thanks for sharing. But did u mean it opened while on the move?

↡ Advertisement