WTB used Saab 9-3 but...

Deividz

Hi everyone,

I'm interested to buy a used Saab 9-3 Troll version. Saw a 4 yr 1 mth model with car rebate value of 32k currently. However the mileage is 108k and the body according to my exporter friend is not worth more than 1.5k. Thinking of offering 36k-37k max. Do you think it's still a good deal and am I overpaying?

[:/]

↡ Advertisement

depends on how long u intend to keep this car.. and at 108k, might have quite of bit of wear and tear, so standby for upkeep as well

and you sure that troll is going for so cheap?

Edited by Sony

Dealer/exporter take car for max 2k only. It seems saab got no car body value compared to toyota/Honda/BMW/Mercedes. Nobody will or should buy a saab for more than 8k more than body price for such a car coz if anything happened to the car, the car mkt value will only be paper + 1.5k.

As for 36k take 2, pm me, I will ask my friend to keep a lookout for you but do remember, it's a 4 plus 5 year old car.

Hi everyone,

I'm interested to buy a used Saab 9-3 Troll version. Saw a 4 yr 1 mth model with car rebate value of 32k currently. However the mileage is 108k and the body according to my exporter friend is not worth more than 1.5k. Thinking of offering 36k-37k max. Do you think it's still a good deal and am I overpaying?

i guess u are not experienced in buying used cars.

One do not calculate the value of the car simply by using the scrap and Parf.

When you buy a new car, the costs are OMV+ Many Taxes + COE + dealer premium.

The resale value of the car depends on the brand and model.

A good guide for the price you should pay for would be (OMV+ Many Taxes + COE)* (years left /10).

This is the calculation for straight line depreciation for 10 years, less the dealer premium. Since the car has no warranty, you should not be paying for the dealer premium.

Dealer/exporter take car for max 2k only. It seems saab got no car body value compared to toyota/Honda/BMW/Mercedes. Nobody will or should buy a saab for more than 8k more than body price for such a car coz if anything happened to the car, the car mkt value will only be paper + 1.5k.

As for 36k take 2, pm me, I will ask my friend to keep a lookout for you but do remember, it's a 4 plus 5 year old car.

you are really clueless, his sarcastic reply is, if it's at 36K, he will buy 2 of it.

I would too...

it means it's not possible to buy one so cheap!

Scrap value + body value only means after 10 years u scrap it when the car cannot be used cos very screwed up.

Resale and export value not calculated like that. refer to my previous post

i guess u are not experienced in buying used cars.

One do not calculate the value of the car simply by using the scrap and Parf.

When you buy a new car, the costs are OMV+ Many Taxes + COE + dealer premium.

The resale value of the car depends on the brand and model.

A good guide for the price you should pay for would be (OMV+ Many Taxes + COE)* (years left /10).

This is the calculation for straight line depreciation for 10 years, less the dealer premium. Since the car has no warranty, you should not be paying for the dealer premium.

but when dealer take in used car, do they do straight line calculation or the + many taxes into the value of a car?

usually they will take in paper value + body value which is very much dependable on demand and supply.

and in most conti, less the popular ones like BMW and Mercs, cars that are more than 5 years old usually only get a few Ks in body value..

so quoting such low price for the saab is possible but then, owners most likely walk away coz they rather drive the car than let go at this rock bottom price..

any one got differing comments to add on?

seriously, if u can get, i'll take 2. i'll even let u make some $2k and u sell me a 9-3 Troll at $40k. i'll resell it in the open mkt for $50k and make a quick buck.

Edited by Soya

seriously, if u can get, i'll take 2. i'll even let u make some $2k and u sell me a 9-3 Troll at $40k. i'll resell it in the open mkt for $55-60k and make a quick buck.

There won't be many buyers for 4 to 5 year old saab at 50k in today's market.

Firstly, turbo charges contis are a common sight compared to a few years ago.

Second, Saab is a very weak brand as they might go bust anytime. (if no buy out is successful). After sales parts will be a major worry.

Thirdly, a lot of contis have improved a lot in design and engine performance. Saab is still running on old technology and the car design is getting aged. To be honest, 50k+ can buy a lot of other good contis in the 4-5 year old market range. I would suggest buying a volvo, jaguar, audi, VW etc in the same price bracket instead.

I would say 40k plus minus would be a reasonable deal for the saab.

I agree it would be 40K + range ... probably late 40s

BUT ... $36/37K would be a STEAL !

High 40s would be a very generous offer. I would only offer him low 40s like 41 or 42k. Don't forget, buying an old saab is taking over a whole load of worries from the previous owner.

I was in the saab showroom a couple of weeks ago and the staff there don't even feel like selling cars. There's no one in the showroom, most of the variants not available, cars overpriced. They know they can't sell. And to top it off, I asked them about saab's future and even themselves expect it to be bleak.

Edited by Pool100

Neutral Newbie

Hi everyone,

continue to dream.. next pls!!

you are really clueless, his sarcastic reply is, if it's at 36K, he will buy 2 of it.

I would too...

it means it's not possible to buy one so cheap!

Scrap value + body value only means after 10 years u scrap it when the car cannot be used cos very screwed up.

Resale and export value not calculated like that. refer to my previous post

Sorry if you think this way. Not all cars have body value. Furthermore, this is a Saab. Good car but very unpopular with used car buys. I think given current market for 4 year plus cars. 1-2 k above rebate value + body is a fair price. It is possible if you have contacts with exporters or used car dealers.

If i'm buying this Saab, it will be my 4th car, 3rd used car. No offence.

Neutral Newbie

Dear me, you guys really talk a lot of "wind" at times.... I've just sold my 3 1/2 year 9-3 (at the weekend) and got 25K over paper value.... Don't underestimate the brand of "saab" to those that know....... as one said, if you can get for 35k, bite the dealers hand off and enjoy the ride.