WTB used Saab 9-3 but...

Deividz

Neutral Newbie

it was a Station wagon, agree it was worth more because it was the high pressure turbo (areo), was a great car, if not for the fact we were leaving the country next month, it would still be sitting on my drive. Over 3 1/2 years noting went wrong with it, in effect it was free to run, free servicing up to 60K (on 74 when i sold it) (ok so that is built into the new cost to a degree).

the point of my post is to say, if you can one at around paper or 10K over scrap, it is a great deal and you are getting a hell of a lot of car that will put no end of smiles on your face.

it was a Station wagon, agree it was worth more because it was the high pressure turbo (areo), was a great car, if not for the fact we were leaving the country next month, it would still be sitting on my drive. Over 3 1/2 years noting went wrong with it, in effect it was free to run, free servicing up to 60K (on 74 when i sold it) (ok so that is built into the new cost to a degree).

the point of my post is to say, if you can one at around paper or 10K over scrap, it is a great deal and you are getting a hell of a lot of car that will put no end of smiles on your face.

My apologies to everyone for all the lively but heated debate. Point is, I think Saab is a great car and that is why I'm considering it. Problem is from year 5 to year 10, you'll never know how much you have to set aside for repairs and maintenance and if it's too much, I may have to consider scrapping the car which may mean a huge loss on depreciation. Then again, of cause not as much as a new owner. Just want a fair market price for seller and myself. So what should be a fair price? 40k?

if you really get it at paper value + 1.5K...how much can you lose if it is really too expensive to maintain or it is a lemon and you need sell it off....it will be the 1.5K...for 1.5K...it is definitely worth a try...give me a PM as well if it is true

My apologies to everyone for all the lively but heated debate. Point is, I think Saab is a great car and that is why I'm considering it. Problem is from year 5 to year 10, you'll never know how much you have to set aside for repairs and maintenance and if it's too much, I may have to consider scrapping the car which may mean a huge loss on depreciation. Then again, of cause not as much as a new owner. Just want a fair market price for seller and myself. So what should be a fair price? 40k?

frankly ur logic [sweatdrop] ...so looks like my trusty lancer of 4yrs shd b able to command 20k premium.

if u hv concerns over maint n repairs, u shd look elsewhere. the Troll is the premium 93..please dun insult it. [wave]

frankly ur logic [sweatdrop] ...so looks like my trusty lancer of 4yrs shd b able to command 20k premium.

if u hv concerns over maint n repairs, u shd look elsewhere. the Troll is the premium 93..please dun insult it. [wave]

one thousand Agree.

Reminds me of what a taxi driver told me.... Everybody also can buy premium conti, but not all got money to maintain or repair if situation arises.

Maybe you should stick to Jap or even lower range contis....

Hi everyone,

I'm interested to buy a used Saab 9-3 Troll version. Saw a 4 yr 1 mth model with car rebate value of 32k currently. However the mileage is 108k and the body according to my exporter friend is not worth more than 1.5k. Thinking of offering 36k-37k max. Do you think it's still a good deal and am I overpaying?

[:/]

juz tink of how much u are willing to lose if the next day after u buy the car, u decide to scrap it. for me, 2-3k over paper rebate is a no brainer. whack lah!

Edited by Shanhz

For 'niche' cars like Saab, Alfa or even Volvo, u cannot simply apply the same thinking as buying or owning a typical jap family car like the corolla, civic or sunny. For the usual ah beng dealers used to trading in mass market cars, they treat anything other than merc as the same and will offer a saab the same body value as a jap car (or even worse). But these niche cars hv their own captive market. It may not fly off the used caryard's floor but there is still a demand from ppl who appreciate the engineering, ride comfort and prestige that a saab carries.

To prove my point, I was offered a pathetic $3k for the body for my then 2.5yr old S40T4, citing the typical and ill-informed excuses u often hear abt conti car by the usual ah beng dealer. Dunno whether to laugh or to sock it to his face. I later sold it privately a week later to someone who could appreciate what a T4 was and got $22k above paper. So if u can some huge sucker to part wif their 4yr old 9-3 Troll for juz a few k above paper, dun waste time posting here asking if it's overpriced (??!!) and juz grab it!

↡ Advertisement