WTB used Saab 9-3 but...

Deividz

"it is a keeper" = this car can buy cos it has been well looked after and in good condition

"My footballing pal's" = the car belongs to my friend whom I play football with

The fact that is is advertised on sgcarmart for sale is a pretty good indication that it is up for sale.

And as Alfaman mentioned, the reason the car is up for sale is because the owner has taken up an overseas job.

Edited by Chickenbackside

Neutral Newbie

"it is a keeper" = this car can buy cos it has been well looked after and in good condition

"My footballing pal's" = the car belongs to my friend whom I play football with

The fact that is is advertised on sgcarmart for sale is a pretty good indication that it is up for sale.

And as Alfaman mentioned, the reason the car is up for sale is because the owner has taken up an overseas job.

haha small world isnt it, thanks.

Neutral Newbie

Hi everyone, I'm a saab fan, I've never owned a car before, but when I saw saab on the street i was attracted immediately.

I'm planning to buy a 2nd hand saab around 4 to 5 years old, and not too powerful since this going to be my first ride.

Need to learn a lot from you guys. Several questions:

1. I saw several models on sgcarmart... just wondering how 'firm' the price is on the website, how much can we negotiate down usually.

2. What are the things I should check when I go see a car?

3. Any place or channel other than sgcarmart.com I get info on 2nd hand saabs?

Thanks a lot.

Hi everyone, I'm a saab fan, I've never owned a car before, but when I saw saab on the street i was attracted immediately.

I'm planning to buy a 2nd hand saab around 4 to 5 years old, and not too powerful since this going to be my first ride.

Need to learn a lot from you guys. Several questions:

1. I saw several models on sgcarmart... just wondering how 'firm' the price is on the website, how much can we negotiate down usually.

2. What are the things I should check when I go see a car?

3. Any place or channel other than sgcarmart.com I get info on 2nd hand saabs?

Thanks a lot.

eh.. "saab" and "not too powerful" doesn't go along...

as for what is on the market, there's a red saab 95 at auto inn. i view it 2 weeks back.. the condition is quite good and the car seems well maintain.

just out of warranty but i believe the road tax have just been renewed. for the price they quote, i think you can bargain 1-2k down, coz the other 2 comparable in the market is asking at a much higher price. anyway, they brought the price down to 66k and readjust it up to 68k this morning. I know coz I subscribe to SGcarmart alert

walk around and see them yourselves.

hope that helps. :D

As a Saab owner who came from a BMW and before that, a Merc, I would say it is one of the best value for money cars around.

Yes, it does not handle as well as a BMW, nor is it as refined as a Merc. It is also not as well built as the Germans. But all this does to detract from the fact that it is a good solid car.

What you will get is a fast, comfortable, refined, good looking, reliable car that has an image that is alternative from the mainstream European marques. And the clincher is, it is CHEAP.

My Saab has been a thoroughly enjoyable ride that has served me extremely well for the last 3 years. I bought it at 3 years old. It is now 6 years old. The only thing I have changed is a leaking plastic water filler container thing (the container that you use to top up the radiator). That cost me $200+. Other than that, it's just regular oil changes and some brake pads and discs. Oh, and a battery too.

Oh, I spent $1k+ on an ECU flash. Brought the power up to 200bhp and 320nm in a matter of minutes. More than enough for day to day driving and getting out of sticky situations in a hurry. Not exactly powerful, but infinitely better than any BMW 320 or Merc C200K to drive. As we all know, you pay a lot more for a 320 or C200.

I suppose this might surprise many people at how reliable a Saab can be. My Honda Oddy is more problematic.

Edited by Chickenbackside

Thanks Sony and Chickenbackside.

I think even for a plain-vanilla saab, it's already very powerful enough for me, hope I can handle it...

BTW: what do you think of this one?

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...640&DL=1000

dunno how much is the mileage.. you need to check it out. photos doesn't really tell...

but the one i was talking about is here.. 95 give u more space at the rear.. but mind u, the new 95 just roll of the factory under their new owner.

Saab 95

Neutral Newbie

power is all in the right foot...dont worry la [cool]

that's right, that's right :D:D

btw: what's the reasonable mileage for a 4-5 years old car, saab in particular?

the typical singaporean standard is about 20k per year.. but then, a 100k mileage car that is well maintained is better than a low 30-40k ones that have not been taken care of.

to add on, a well maintained one let know you what are the regular maintenance to be done and also the usual wear and tear to be changed.

Neutral Newbie

Thanks Sony and Chickenbackside.

I think even for a plain-vanilla saab, it's already very powerful enough for me, hope I can handle it...

BTW: what do you think of this one?

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.ph...640&DL=1000

Viewed this one, actually a dealer. It has done around 110,000 KM, pretty high usage for a 4 plus year old car I must say. Condition wise reasonable but slight trembling when stationary not sure if problem is minor. Not serviced since 90,000KM. Has upped his price a few K since last postings, I must say its pretty pricey.

bro i mus quantify first that i dun own a saab hehe [laugh]

but for general, i wld say reasonable wld be 80k thereabouts..

saabs, like skodas will grow on you. Drove a 9.5 yr old saab 900 with only 9000+ km years back.

Ran like new! Flew like the wind but quite maxed out at 140km/hr. LPT does have its limitations yes?

Mileage varies widely. My 6 year old Saab has 58k on the clock, for example.

Main thing is the car is well looked after.

saabs, like skodas will grow on you. Drove a 9.5 yr old saab 900 with only 9000+ km years back.

Ran like new! Flew like the wind but quite maxed out at 140km/hr. LPT does have its limitations yes?

>200km/h comes in the blink of an eye, well almost. Acceleration does not really taper off until you pass 200 km/h.

The limitations are too high for normal road driving. For me anyway...

Neutral Newbie

>200km/h comes in the blink of an eye, well almost. Acceleration does not really taper off until you pass 200 km/h.

The limitations are too high for normal road driving. For me anyway...

Wow bro, 200km/h :o , that's already flying to me. [:p]

Did you do that in Singapore?

BTW: what's the fuel consumption for 9-3, say, on express way, of course at 'normal' speed around 80-100km/h?

for me, i do about 9.5km/litres on average.

i think 9-3 is good if you value comfy ride + power at your disposal when you want to call upon it. i mostly drive leisurely so the comfy handling is good and on occasions when I feel like flooring the accelerator, the pick up comes in just nicely for my liking.

↡ Advertisement