WTB used Saab 9-3 but...

Deividz

Viewed this one, actually a dealer. It has done around 110,000 KM, pretty high usage for a 4 plus year old car I must say. Condition wise reasonable but slight trembling when stationary not sure if problem is minor. Not serviced since 90,000KM. Has upped his price a few K since last postings, I must say its pretty pricey.

Over-priced I would say. Max I'll pay is 45k for this car since the mileage is high and saab has very low resale value. If it's good pricing, why has it been on sale for the past 3 months?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

there's a lot of uncertainty with regards to the future of saab even with the spyker buyout...and honestly almost all saabs built under the GM regime have fallen a little short when compared to the other premium automobiles. having said that i'm quite positive about the future of saab. there are many die hard saab loyalists all over the world and their new line up of models to be released in the nxt few yrs look really great. can't wait for the new 9-5!

http://www.windingroad.com/articles/review...-2011-saab-9-5/

Neutral Newbie

I am currently driving a Saab 93 Aero with a Hirsch Performance Tuning up to 240bps (it comes with the car when i first bought it).

I am considering to get a stage 5 Maptun however, my car still has more than 2 years warranty under Trans Euro Kar.

Any advice on this?

Thanks.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Guys, I am contemplating getting a 4 yr old Saab 9-3 Linear model. Mileage is very low at about 15k. What is a good price to pay for this car?

Also any feedback on this model? Most of the reviews i read said that performance of car is good but sensors inside the car are prone to detect errors like transmission fault incorrectly and repairs are expensive and can be rather frequent. Any advice from you pros out there?

Thanks.

Hi Guys, I am contemplating getting a 4 yr old Saab 9-3 Linear model. Mileage is very low at about 15k. What is a good price to pay for this car?

Also any feedback on this model? Most of the reviews i read said that performance of car is good but sensors inside the car are prone to detect errors like transmission fault incorrectly and repairs are expensive and can be rather frequent. Any advice from you pros out there?

Thanks.

first question, dealer or direct owner?

either way, 15mileage for a 4 year old car.. u very the sure?

and check with TE on the service record as well.

price wise, how much is the asking, COE and OMV of the car?

Neutral Newbie

first question, dealer or direct owner?

either way, 15mileage for a 4 year old car.. u very the sure?

and check with TE on the service record as well.

price wise, how much is the asking, COE and OMV of the car?

direct owner and yes the mileage is correct, car is seldom driven

servicing has always been done at TE, no mods and accident free

current paper value is about 32K

owner hasnt given an asking price, so am wondering what is a good price to offer for this car?

direct owner and yes the mileage is correct, car is seldom driven

servicing has always been done at TE, no mods and accident free

current paper value is about 32K

owner hasnt given an asking price, so am wondering what is a good price to offer for this car?

ask the owner to quote and assess its worthiness from there.. or check on SG carmart for an indicative..

if it's direct owner and with the lower mileage, shd be worth ard 50k, + - 5k if going from the rate at SG carmart

Thanks.

My experience with the false alarm gearbox fault message:

At the 5 year mark (long after warranty expired), SID kept saying gearbox fault although it drives fine with no decrease in performance.

Brought it to agent (transeurokars). They said seldom really faulty cos the gearbox is quite hardy. Then they updated some software and no problems since (1 year ago).

Cost: FOC

Neutral Newbie

ask the owner to quote and assess its worthiness from there.. or check on SG carmart for an indicative..

if it's direct owner and with the lower mileage, shd be worth ard 50k, + - 5k if going from the rate at SG carmart

Yup 50k was the average price i had in mind as well, but was just thinking if 18k above paper is too high a premium for this car? Understand that COE premiums are high now but saab cars are not very liquid in the resale market .....

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

My experience with the false alarm gearbox fault message:

At the 5 year mark (long after warranty expired), SID kept saying gearbox fault although it drives fine with no decrease in performance.

Brought it to agent (transeurokars). They said seldom really faulty cos the gearbox is quite hardy. Then they updated some software and no problems since (1 year ago).

Cost: FOC

thanks for feedback .... apart from the gearbox fault, have you encountered any other major issues with this car?

tried to look in saabstance but cant find any info, seems like the site is not very active ....

Edited by Chandler

Yup 50k was the average price i had in mind as well, but was just thinking if 18k above paper is too high a premium for this car? Understand that COE premiums are high now but saab cars are not very liquid in the resale market .....

There's quite a few workshop that work on Saab.. it's just a matter of how long u intend to drive such car.

Neutral Newbie

There's quite a few workshop that work on Saab.. it's just a matter of how long u intend to drive such car.

think if i were to get it ... i will most probably drive it for the next 2-3 years at least ... by then i doubt there will be any resale value and would probably have to scrap it

for such cars, buyers are not found on the street. it can only fall from the sky..

but then, it's not rare.. just have to be at the right place at the right time.

having said that, it's a good car to start with.. very underrated.

go for it if the price is right and the car is in a good condition.

have a proper saab workshop look thru it if you are worried. there's quite a few recommended ones in saabstances

Neutral Newbie

for such cars, buyers are not found on the street. it can only fall from the sky..

but then, it's not rare.. just have to be at the right place at the right time.

having said that, it's a good car to start with.. very underrated.

go for it if the price is right and the car is in a good condition.

have a proper saab workshop look thru it if you are worried. there's quite a few recommended ones in saabstances

thanks Sony ... will probably do that if i am getting it .... cheers

Did anyone manage to see the newspaper on Saab promotion yesterday?

Not only free this and free that, we are only required to pay $500+ per mth for installment.

Any idea what is the catch?

↡ Advertisement