How to trace owner from vehicle registration number?

Beehive3783

if got picture, post your wayang story at STOMP.

You will eventually get the address (or hint) of the particular car from the kaypoh forumers

If got valid reason which u can prove maybe can try LTA since they are the ones who owns the records I think since we always pay our road tax etc to them

Hi folks

As per title, i need to trace a vehicle number to its registered owner. Any idea on how to go about it?

Hi folks

As per title, i need to trace a vehicle number to its registered owner. Any idea on how to go about it?

Why? He beat you to a race issit?

Which reminds me ..... I beat a WRX true and through, this morning. [:p]

• Praise 1

ok.. i need to find the owner because this lorry grazed my car last dec. we settled the matter and he paid for my repairs, but now i need to look for him to sign the private settlement agreement. Called him this afternoon but he was reluctant to meet up to sign it even when i offered to meet him at a place of his convenience. And to make matters worse, he hung up on me when i was trying hard to explain to him why i need him to sign the private settlement agreement. I have a feeling he's trying to play punk with me.

Yes, please go ahead to call me kum gong for not getting his particulars but this old man is a tough nut to crack. After the accident happened, he pretended to drive away like nothing happened. I had to chase him down and stop him at a traffic junction. Anyway it happened at Scotts/Stevens Rd junction during rush hour. Thereafter, we stopped at a bus stop to look at the damage. I asked him for his NRIC to take down his particulars, the old bugger refused, saying that only the police has the right to check his IC. Pissed off right?

So, I asked him for his name and IC number. Gave his name as Goh, which magically changed to Pang when I called him today. Thank god the number is still live. And furthermore, the IC number he gave me? Short of one number. Great.

Anyway, i need him to sign it to close the case and get my NCD, cos i reported the accident shortly after it happened, and now the insurer is holding my NCD. They claim that they cannot close the case now even if i am not claiming anything, they need to wait one year from the date of accident to close the matter and return the NCD to me.

Thinking back, yes we are really screwed by these c.b insurers. Don't report, get screwed, report also get screwed.

So, can anyone help me out on this? I would really appreciate it if someone can help me track the bugger down. Will the white ants or blue poodles entertain me if I tell them I need to track him down just to make him sign the private settlement? I don't think so right?

• Sad 1

Neutral Newbie

ok.. i need to find the owner because this lorry grazed my car last dec. we settled the matter and he paid for my repairs, but now i need to look for him to sign the private settlement agreement. Called him this afternoon but he was reluctant to meet up to sign it even when i offered to meet him at a place of his convenience. And to make matters worse, he hung up on me when i was trying hard to explain to him why i need him to sign the private settlement agreement. I have a feeling he's trying to play punk with me.

Yes, please go ahead to call me kum gong for not getting his particulars but this old man is a tough nut to crack. After the accident happened, he pretended to drive away like nothing happened. I had to chase him down and stop him at a traffic junction. Anyway it happened at Scotts/Stevens Rd junction during rush hour. Thereafter, we stopped at a bus stop to look at the damage. I asked him for his NRIC to take down his particulars, the old bugger refused, saying that only the police has the right to check his IC. Pissed off right?

So, I asked him for his name and IC number. Gave his name as Goh, which magically changed to Pang when I called him today. Thank god the number is still live. And furthermore, the IC number he gave me? Short of one number. Great.

Anyway, i need him to sign it to close the case and get my NCD, cos i reported the accident shortly after it happened, and now the insurer is holding my NCD. They claim that they cannot close the case now even if i am not claiming anything, they need to wait one year from the date of accident to close the matter and return the NCD to me.

Thinking back, yes we are really screwed by these c.b insurers. Don't report, get screwed, report also get screwed.

So, can anyone help me out on this? I would really appreciate it if someone can help me track the bugger down. Will the white ants or blue poodles entertain me if I tell them I need to track him down just to make him sign the private settlement? I don't think so right?

Post his vehicle number here, type of lorry n color. Will keep a look out in carparks or on roads.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Post his vehicle number here, type of lorry n color. Will keep a look out in carparks or on roads.

Thanks bro. Here are the details of the lorry. It's white in color, and the "box" at the back is unpainted, i.e aluminium colour:

Enquire Transfer Fee

Vehicle Details

Vehicle No.: YJ6751C

Vehicle Type: A50 - Goods (Closed) Van/Van Panel (Delivery)

Vehicle Attachment 1: No Attachment

Vehicle Scheme: Normal

Vehicle Make: ISUZU

Vehicle Model: NPR58LU5GY

Chassis No.: JAANPR58LV7100534

Engine No.: 4BE1584624

Engine Capacity: 3636 cc

Maximum Laden Weight: 5000 kg

Unladen Weight: 2460 kg

Year Of Manufacture: 1996

Original Registration Date: 11 Jan 1997

Lifespan Expiry Date: 10 Jan 2017