CAR SKIN FOR MY CAR??? yes or no?

Ken4555

hi all,

i have always liked a full matt black car... think its very cool... but a couple of things have prevented me from doing so... they are;

-car will become TP magnet... true?

-look so ah beng.... true?

-my has a couple of dents, will show on the sticker... true?

-if all matt... and car no performance... damn sia suay man... haha... true?

however now that i am no longer able to park my car covered at my work plc... my car is subjected to the weather, acid rain, and my stupid next door that contributes to saw dust flying everywhere... haiz... just 2 full weeks and now my car has lost its smoothness and is sooooooo rough.... sob sob...

that is why i am considering matt black or the 3M carbon fibre car skin.... heard JB can do much cheaper.. but SG easier i guess....

any comments? or anyone knows the latest price? should i do the whole car or just bonnet and roof and boot? sigh....

post-59875-1263973706_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

full matt black is nice for certain cars with certain shapes n lines

not all cars do well in full matt black

ur ride is a sunny?? generally sedans not easy to pull off such a look

any bodykits or spoiler?

sawdust might be more obvious on matt black, but also might be easier to wash off

Neutral Newbie

anyone knoes the damage to sticker the whole car? in JB or in Singapore?

Any reccomendations?

Respraying the car for CNY, ive been quoted 1200. I dont think its the best price though.

Need help from bros here to input

any bodykits or spoiler?

sawdust might be more obvious on matt black, but also might be easier to wash off

thanks for your comments bro...

no body kit and no spoiler what so ever... but lowered lowest possible... heehee...

i heard the 3m carbon car skin very good to wash dirt off.. even can use 'mama lemon'.... haha...

[laugh]

(edited)

Any reccomendations?

Respraying the car for CNY, ive been quoted 1200. I dont think its the best price though.

bro... trust me i've been through re-spraying a few times on my other cars previously owned... never go hunting for cheap re-spray... bubbles... layer too thin too thick... lots of shitty work will show in a couple of weeks... go for dupoint paint and MUST be good reputable workshop...

3M bonnet car size last i saw $150-$180.... matt black i think i saw $80.... whole car pre pare abt $1k depending on your car bumper shape all...

Malaysia MUCH cheaper and plus conversion rate EVEN cheaper... but you need to wait there lah...

Edited by Ken4555

i'm also tempted to go matt black.. my poor black ride parked outdoor most of the time - dings and dongs very obvious, plus tree sap/bird s--t stains... Other than sticker, is there any matt spray available for reasonable price?

i'm also tempted to go matt black.. my poor black ride parked outdoor most of the time - dings and dongs very obvious, plus tree sap/bird s--t stains... Other than sticker, is there any matt spray available for reasonable price?

matt spray will cost same like regular spraying... maybe more expensive abit... i sprayed my bonnet matt black years ago on my previous honda... nice...

by the way if your car is full of dents... it will be very obvious on a matt car.. and black cars get dusty within a day... if you park in the open... if you purpose is to wash less often... silver is the less obvious when its dusty...

for me i wash my car every other day and whenever it rains... so i dont mind matt black...

Any reccomendations?

respraying for $1200?? same color or different color???

if different color meaning inside and outside dan i tink u shld go for it as $1200 for change of color is a steal...

but if for same color, i can get for u cheaper...

Neutral Newbie

Mine is an rx8, galaxy grey.

Im intending to sell it so im intending to spray the same color before doing so. Its been under the sun so often, the aesthetics is pretty.... how would u put it, .... seen better days...

So which would be an option? Sticker it or spray?

any bodykits or spoiler?

agree. generally, i feel cars with sharp contours and sleek profiles do well in matt black. Rounder shaped cars look extremely unsuitable for a matt black finishing. sunny is considered quite round and even with aggressive bodykits to break up the smooth contours of the car and make it more edgy, im still not too sure about it being in matt black.

In terms of quality, nothing beats original painwork. While going for wrap, u still can remain your original painwork if in future u want to restore.

Also u can no need to wash car tat frequent liao. Mayb once every few mths as those decal can protect ur actual car body against rain, sand etc.. No need detailing/wax/polish anymore...

For me, I will go for car wrap..

(edited)

agree. generally, i feel cars with sharp contours and sleek profiles do well in matt black. Rounder shaped cars look extremely unsuitable for a matt black finishing. sunny is considered quite round and even with aggressive bodykits to break up the smooth contours of the car and make it more edgy, im still not too sure about it being in matt black.

really.... i just saw a full matt black Mark X at clark quay yesterday... but am pretty sure it was sprayed... not stickered... but seriously it did not look to bad...

the pic i posted earlier matt sunny not nice meh?... hmmmmmmm... :mellow:

Edited by Ken4555
↡ Advertisement