Spanner size for toyota rush

Poortraveller

plannig to help a friend to do a DIY oil change.

I need to know the spanner size so that i can remove the screw below to drain off the engine oil. Dun recommend me those stupid adjustable spanner.

is it the screw size the same as the other model (terros or something like tat) cus i cant recall the actual model.

Also need to know, if i dun tighten the screw properly and the engine oil start to leak, other then the dip stick, will there be warning light on the dashboard? or there will be warning light when there is no engine oil?

↡ Advertisement

I need to know the spanner size so that i can remove the screw below to drain off the engine oil. Dun recommend me those stupid adjustable spanner.

is it the screw size the same as the other model (terros or something like tat) cus i cant recall the actual model.

Also need to know, if i dun tighten the screw properly and the engine oil start to leak, other then the dip stick, will there be warning light on the dashboard? or there will be warning light when there is no engine oil?

Yap , adjustable spanner will spoilt your nut.

If possible you borrow or buy those ring spanner sets, they come in various size in mm; like 13mm ==> M13

so you can sort of try to match for correct size.

Yap , adjustable spanner will spoilt your nut.

If possible you borrow or buy those ring spanner sets, they come in various size in mm; like 13mm ==> M13

so you can sort of try to match for correct size.

dun make sense to buy the entire set to find the correct one rite? :blink:

You can use a ruler to measure across any 2 of the 6 flat surfaces of the hex nut. See how many mm across dan go hardware shop to buy. In engineering terms that's called A/F or across flat eg. A/F 10mm.

Aiyo, dunno still want to help?

Some things i can forsee happening:

1. Scalded by hot oil

2. Oil all over the floor

3. Undertightening -> oil leakage

4. Overtightening -> thread stripped

Why don't just pay a bit of labour and let a workshop settle for you?

BTW, it's either size 14 or 17 for the drain nut.

And run the engine after oil change and check for leakage from the nut and filter.

The most safe, simple, easy and comfortable method for DIYers is to use a manually operated vacuum pump to extract the oil out via the dip stick opening.

Oy!

Make sure you buy Fumoto drain valve for your car first before attempting. First time remove this nut, next time turn tap! :D

I got 1 extra ... when doing oil change, see can fit or not :)

Aiyo, dunno still want to help?

Some things i can forsee happening:

1. Scalded by hot oil

2. Oil all over the floor

3. Undertightening -> oil leakage

4. Overtightening -> thread stripped

Why don't just pay a bit of labour and let a workshop settle for you?

BTW, it's either size 14 or 17 for the drain nut.

And run the engine after oil change and check for leakage from the nut and filter.

thanks for your concern, i used to work in GAS and the number of taxis i serviced is far greater then you took in your life time.

also, the ground clearance is good enuff for me to put my head safely under the car without it come crashing onto me.

as for the 'oil on the floor', i will collect all the used oil in a pan to give it to the workshop, but if you want, i can send it to you for you to fry your new year goodies =p

i think i can still manage this simple oil change :)

shld be 14, same as Vios.

With so much experience in servicing taxis, you should you have sufficient knowledge on oil changing and therefore I see no need for you to ask such basic questions . I am surprise but maybe you are not a hand on-mechanic.

↡ Advertisement