Redline or Motul better

Jordanplus

Idemitsu quite food

I suppose u mean "good" and not "food"... [laugh]

My review of Idemitsu is so-so niah....

↡ Advertisement

for me street driving Mobil 1 is more than enough...track use...tried motul 300V @ sepang...drove for like 5 laps straight oil temp remained constant throughout...

for me street driving Mobil 1 is more than enough...track use...tried motul 300V @ sepang...drove for like 5 laps straight oil temp remained constant throughout...

no oil cooler etc? thats fantastic. NA or forced induction? and the brakes did not fade?

Just change more often and the brands shouldn't matter TOO much.

Of course if you can afford it, no harm using Motul coupled with frequent changes as well.

tried both, motul is damn good followed by redline...

but i discovered elf lubricants.... damn good for its price semi syn at 40 plus 10w40 temp stable and lowered...

fully synthetic at 50 plus at 5w40 comparable to motul..

mines NA...oil cooler yes but a small one....the last time with the same setup using mobil1 i burnt my main jorunal bearings [dizzy] my brakes never fade cos mainly due to the fact that my car is light and i've got 4 piston calipers...

Edited by Qr25vet

well, its a choice between the 2 brands....french lube the best la ha? 300v put liao engine like effortless liddat...DOUBLE ESTER lei...too bad i cant justify 5000km oil change with 300v...unless i'm sponsored...

redline is good only because of its distribution network and the good times only last for a while.... AND for the same price we can get something better... and more importantly API certified

Edited by Demodan

Can Motul 300v last for 10k purely on street driving with occasionally high rev? Tried Redline, engine oil starts turn very black and engine starts to get rough after 6k.

Driving a AT. Not really high rev hard. Just ocansionally sprint driving. Just think of whether Motul can last 10k with my driving style.

↡ Advertisement