Redline or Motul better

Jordanplus

so u mean redline not API certified?

I think Redine, Amsoil fully synthetic, and other good oil are not API SM certified because their phosphorus content should be more than 800ppm. API certified oil I think are more for warrranty issue in America, not much meaning for us.

Currently on Amsoil SSO 0w30. Smooth and seems that it can last, but engine performance and FD not as good as Redline.. Thinking of changing Motul if it can last of 10k due to the price or just stick to Redline for the next oil change

Neutral Newbie

Engine oil is blood to the engine.

If it's possible, change every mth but it does not make money sense. No matter what kinda oil, I personally feel, 7000km is the threshold.

Even Mugen Rev R also gets rough after 7000km.

I advocates changing as frequent as possible as long as the pocket can tahan and it fits one's budget.

mines NA...oil cooler yes but a small one....the last time with the same setup using mobil1 i burnt my main jorunal bearings [dizzy] my brakes never fade cos mainly due to the fact that my car is light and i've got 4 piston calipers...

ar can see from your avatar... light car indeed! :D

I am trying out Motul 300V now and it looks like I'm sticking to it. Engine is now smooth, quiet and more responsive. Pick up seems faster by a bit or is it the price that's playing with my mind? 4 litres $150. :blink:

Motul and Redline are all mean for performance car whereby they do change EO at each 5000km!

You got to be joking, even though Motul and Redline are not long drain engine oil but they still can go 10k km no problem. Do a search of UOA in BITOG, there is plenty of results for these 2 brand.

i was qoute $150 for reqular oil change with motul 300v and $88 with redline and $100 with motull eco-nergy. is that reasonable?

how abt hks was quoted 138 for a 10w 38 . Currently using liqui moly after been trying on ows, idetmitsu, Mobil 1 and shell helix go back to liqui moly which still better amount the rest.

Motul and Redline oil scored badly in the test with many parameters in red! :blink:

These numbers are just extracts of UOA from somewhere, no indication of engine type(high powered modify engine or normal family) or usage(short trip or highway).

If the numbers are believable then Amsoil ASL 5w30 with the worst reading with Lead Pb 7.738/1000 mile, would have span the bearing within 100k km.

I am trying out Motul 300V now and it looks like I'm sticking to it. Engine is now smooth, quiet and more responsive. Pick up seems faster by a bit or is it the price that's playing with my mind? 4 litres $150. :blink:

You had overpaid at $150/4L for 300v, you could get it for $114/$L, a saving of $36 if you know where to look.

These numbers are just extracts of UOA from somewhere, no indication of engine type(high powered modify engine or normal family) or usage(short trip or highway).

If the numbers are believable then Amsoil ASL 5w30 with the worst reading with Lead Pb 7.738/1000 mile, would have span the bearing within 100k km.

From the chart, if we compare the same viscocity say Redline 10w40 to Amsoil AMO 10w40, Amsoil clearly isn the winner with 4 parameters green and only one red but Redline 10w40 has 4 parameters red and only 1 green! :blink: Pretty shocking result!!!! [crazy]

↡ Advertisement