Redline or Motul better

Jordanplus

(edited)

Trex,

Between Redline & German Castrol, which will you recommended.

I had been using Redline. Tempting to try this new German Castrol.

My car is a 320i.

If you had been using Redline, then this is a good opportunity to compare the performance between these 2 engine oil. Try it out and feedback to us, i will probably bring some back to Australia for my ride.

Edited by Trex101
↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

If you had been using Redline, then this is a good opportunity to compare the performance between these 2 engine oil. Try it out and feedback to us, i will probably bring some back to Australia for my ride.

You carry 0W40 for German Castrol? My next oil change is 3 mths later, may give it a try.

You carry 0W40 for German Castrol? My next oil change is 3 mths later, may give it a try.

Nope, GC only comes in 0w30 version but we do have Castrol Syntec 5w40 Euro formula.

Nope, GC only comes in 0w30 version but we do have Castrol Syntec 5w40 Euro formula.

Whats the difference between this german castrol and the current castrol one you selling?

Hypersonic
(edited)

yes it can...i dont see a reason why not...but i find it a waste for street...like i said street mobil 1 or shell helix ultra more than enough liao

Wise words from a wise man.

Unless driving a turbo car, Motul and Redline are way overkill.

People like to waste money and then complain things getting expensive.

But people's money they are free to waste it how they like.

:D

Edited by Jamesc

Whats the difference between this german castrol and the current castrol one you selling?

GC used to be known as the holy grail of all engine oil due to its indestructible properties. Why it is known as German Castrol is because it is made in Germany.

Do a search in google, key word german castrol and there will be a lot of information online.

Bro. as above which is better?

No mention where you intend to use them

I believe the cheapest synthetic SAE 5W-40 will be fine for local climate/weather, unless you are going into the racing circuits

No mention where you intend to use them

I believe the cheapest synthetic SAE 5W-40 will be fine for local climate/weather, unless you are going into the racing circuits

Yes the cheapest synthetic or even mineral oil will work(just not efficiently) but the idea is to maximize protection and FC efficiency against current high fuel cost. No point saving $30 on oil but spend extra $100 more on petrol right.

What we should be trying to achieve for your oil should be "as light as possible but just as thick as necessary". the most optimum outcome from oil choice.

Yes the cheapest synthetic or even mineral oil will work(just not efficiently) but the idea is to maximize protection and FC efficiency against current high fuel cost. No point saving $30 on oil but spend extra $100 more on petrol right.

What we should be trying to achieve for your oil should be "as light as possible but just as thick as necessary". the most optimum outcome from oil choice.

+1. You may find hypermiling useful FC techniques[laugh]

In Singapore so many cars & traffic light how to hypermile? drive until so hard might as well take MRT, actually MRT during off-peak not so bad, fast and efficient.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_economy-...izing_behaviors

So far so good, quite lucky that most of the time I managed to detoured many daily traffic jams while driving, for hypermiling.

Unfortunately for me, SMRT = Sickness Moving Round-island Transport (usually at least one fellow passenger in the same cabin would be sneezing and the other with running nose, during peak hours). I used to get Flu now and then if I take train to work.

Neutral Newbie

MObil 1Engine oil selling @ $9 PER QUARTZ.

0W40 AND 5W50 .SMS @91816484 FOR ENQURIES.

MObil 1Engine oil selling @ $9 PER QUARTZ.

0W40 AND 5W50 .SMS @91816484 FOR ENQURIES.

Many thanks for sharing this information. I bought enough for next engine oil replensihment. [laugh]

Clutched

Figures don't lie right?

yup.. but the person who keyed in the figure can....

↡ Advertisement