Courts Hiring Only Msians for SG Jobs?

Nutsack

(edited)

I have to say this.

An account from a friend who recently resigned from his job said that the government agency he worked for had management who were had very pro-foreigner hiring policies for graduate level jobs.

Apparently there is some kind of foreigner hiring cap within government organisation. However, he alleged that his superiors circumvent this rule by converting foreign employees to Singaporean citizenship (apparently endorsement from a government agency helps increase the chance of them getting citizenship).

So once these foreigners are converted to SG citizenship, the management would seek new foreign hires again, repeating the cycle. So if the foreigner hiring cap is, say, four. Then everytime they had four foreigners, they'd put in the paperwork to have one or two of them get citizenship to make space for new foreign hires. Sounds like a conspiracy theory to me. But I'm inclined to believe this friend of mine is no liar. He left his job for another reason and was under no threat of being replace by a foreigner i think.

Anyway, I'm still unsure whether there really is such a loophole and whether this story is entirely accurate. Any guys working in the civil service care to comment or enlighten me?

Edited by Nutsack

Well, Courts may have place an advert in Msia to hire Msians. BUT...how did the article know that they didn't put the same ad in Singapore to hire Sporeans also?

Sometimes they put the same ad in both countries so that they can get their hirement quicker.

Factories have been recruiting O-levels or ITE personnels from Msia for years. This is nothing new..

this is old news liao lah....

you look at some of the companies, esp at some industries, simicon, it, etc most are foreigners.....how the hell they circumvent the ratio thingy? this has been happening for long time liao.....except that nowaday the gov are much much much more ready to give out pink or blue cards lah...

I have to say this.

An account from a friend who recently resigned from his job said that the government agency he worked for had management who were had very pro-foreigner hiring policies for graduate level jobs.

Apparently there is some kind of foreigner hiring cap within government organisation. However, he alleged that his superiors circumvent this rule by converting foreign employees to Singaporean citizenship (apparently endorsement from a government agency helps increase the chance of them getting citizenship).

So once these foreigners are converted to SG citizenship, the management would seek new foreign hires again, repeating the cycle. So if the foreigner hiring cap is, say, four. Then everytime they had four foreigners, they'd put in the paperwork to have one or two of them get citizenship to make space for new foreign hires. Sounds like a conspiracy theory to me. But I'm inclined to believe this friend of mine is no liar. He left his job for another reason and was under no threat of being replace by a foreigner i think.

Anyway, I'm still unsure whether there really is such a loophole and whether this story is entirely accurate. Any guys working in the civil service care to comment or enlighten me?

you so misleading leh

i thought it was Singapore HIGH COURT

kena played out

i am +/- with this issue especially if it is a private company

BUT if it is a government agency then it is different

Haha... private sector also do it. No conspiracy lah bro. Those foreigner grads are usually S-pass holders, after working 1-2 years in sgp it's not diff for them to apply for PR/citizenship. In the past a lot of M'sians either work or study here did the same too. It's just that in recent years, the influx of PRCs, Indians/Pakistanis make ppl take notice.

Twincharged

cheaper and good (at least for the first 2 years).

the the horns and tails show up after they get the Card.

Haha... private sector also do it. No conspiracy lah bro. Those foreigner grads are usually S-pass holders, after working 1-2 years in sgp it's not diff for them to apply for PR/citizenship. In the past a lot of M'sians either work or study here did the same too. It's just that in recent years, the influx of PRCs, Indians/Pakistanis make ppl take notice.

more than 25% of my classmates were ft and majority of them were scholars that is NO need to pay for education

BUT majority of them are smarter than we local boys, this is something I have to admit and admire