Mixing 2T into petrol tank??

Tigershark1976

how much how much?? [bounce1]

lets do a group buy... :D

Dunno yet but from the website cost, don't think it would cost more than $14 per quart. Anyway, don't think it will be coming so soon as our Amsoil shipment is currently on the way, will have to wait for the next shipment liao in around 3mth time.

↡ Advertisement

I use Mobil 1 Racing 2T for my Yamaha RX-Z,very good,engine already over 88K km,not yet need overhaul,also buy from Ah Boy,$18.00.

Supersonic

I bought Putoline MHX from ahboy and subsequently Pennzoil Marine from JB.

I used them alternately, but kinda go slow these days.

Try not to put too much at one time.

I think, I got a sort of misfiring problem once. When I took the spark plugs, it was drenched with oil. So I go easy from that day onwards.

I think it's hard to mix the 2T with the fuel. Sometimes you get a lot injected at one time, and sometimes nothing.

So, the engine may feel rough one day, and the next couple of days...extremely smooth, then back to rough again. It's kinda of hard to control, imo.

So, yeah go easy, don't overdo it. :D

Oic, no problem then if no CAT.

If really cannot find TCW3 2T in Spore, then next time i'll import some Amsoil HP Injector Synthetic TCW3 2-Cycle Oil in for those who want to try 2T in their petrol for lubrication. This spec looks pretty good and is designed for direct injection engine.

HP Injector Synthetic 2-Cycle Oil (HPI)

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/hpi.aspx

wah... bro, the Amsoil TCW3 in the picture looks cool!!! quickly check the price for us. Me help u to promote FOC. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

I bought Putoline MHX from ahboy and subsequently Pennzoil Marine from JB.

I used them alternately, but kinda go slow these days.

Try not to put too much at one time.

I think, I got a sort of misfiring problem once. When I took the spark plugs, it was drenched with oil. So I go easy from that day onwards.

I think it's hard to mix the 2T with the fuel. Sometimes you get a lot injected at one time, and sometimes nothing.

So, the engine may feel rough one day, and the next couple of days...extremely smooth, then back to rough again. It's kinda of hard to control, imo.

So, yeah go easy, don't overdo it. :D

bro, i would suggest u to use my method... sure mixed better compare to direct pour 2T.#

1) before you pump petrol, pour in the desire amount of 2T into the tank 1st. The pump in petrol with "full blast" [laugh]

2) if you are more kiasu, this is what i did... premix the amount of 2T with petrol in a 1qt engine oil bottle (I use amsoil) and shake it with the cap closed. The 2T will be extremely diluted after a few shake... go petrol kiosk and repeat step 1....

Supersonic

Yes, I always use that method to mix whenever possible.

However, after sometime, I feel the 2T effect comes and go. [:p]

Anyway, nowadays I switch more towards RL SI-1. I get both UCL and fuel cleaning at the same time. I feel it's more worth it.

I also use water (distill) injection to clean up periodically.

So, I'm trying to finish up my leftover 2Ts and go completely over to SI-1.

Yes, I always use that method to mix whenever possible.

However, after sometime, I feel the 2T effect comes and go. [:p]

Anyway, nowadays I switch more towards RL SI-1. I get both UCL and fuel cleaning at the same time. I feel it's more worth it.

I also use water (distill) injection to clean up periodically.

So, I'm trying to finish up my leftover 2Ts and go completely over to SI-1.

yah, must agree to you on the "comes and go" part. The effect is quite obvious when i dont use the 2T, or the ratio of the 2T is reduce significantly (eg after pumping $50 of petrol without adding 2T)...

same as MMO, Redline SI-1 is one of a great produce with plenty of positive review in BITOG, but the price in SG is simply crazy!!! I intended to go Malaysia (Ace hardwareshop) to get a few 32oz bottle next week if i go KL. Try to take this opportunity to test the 2T on highspeed also. Long time never Chiong NSHW alrd, hope no rain, otherwise, have to travel like tortise...

bro, i would suggest u to use my method... sure mixed better compare to direct pour 2T.#

1) before you pump petrol, pour in the desire amount of 2T into the tank 1st. The pump in petrol with "full blast" [laugh]

2) if you are more kiasu, this is what i did... premix the amount of 2T with petrol in a 1qt engine oil bottle (I use amsoil) and shake it with the cap closed. The 2T will be extremely diluted after a few shake... go petrol kiosk and repeat step 1....

you know whenever i pump petrol into a bottle or metal container... the station staff stare at me like i'm some arsonist... [laugh]

u guys get a funnel to pour in the 2T?

Cough mixture bottle, can measure required amount accurately too. Just open the cap, bottoms up, the required amount just goes in, then take the nozzle of the fuel, slowly just tap tap the trigger a bit, use the initial drops of petrol to "wash" and flush the 2T into your tank, then just pump as per normal. 2T will gradually get mixed into the tank

Update so far on my 1st time using Putoline RS959 Ester Tech on my SunnyN16...

Seriously a full tank mileage test will be relatively inaccurate... Different load... Driving styles... My highway city driving is different all the time... So recorded at zun zun 3/4 tank... My car has highest recorded mileage in my 6+ mths of driving tis sunny. Smoother? yes!!! Butt feel? Maybe... but engine also feels quieter. the is the most instantanous difference felt compared with many other gas treatments/fuel enhancers/inhetor cleaners i have tried before...

In order not to make tis test results based only on my own butt feel... I put in 40ml into a full tank of my 2 colleagues cars... A getz 1.3 and a Honda Wave... I told them its a new breakthrough additive my friend got from Japan... So far they have told me their car is smoother and more powerful... Step on throttle less to maintain cruising speed on expressways... Wahahahahaha... Can't wait to tell them its actually 2-T when they wanna buy some from me... [laugh]

My 1st dose is 40ml : 40Liters... Tats 1 : 1000.I might go up 80ml : 40Liters... Tats 1 : 500. But according to Bro TigerShark there's not much improvement after 1 : 400. So i'll see how it does in my car... Don't want oily plugs fouling.... All I can say so far... Its great! My only worry is about more carbon built up... But I guess I just have to make sure I 'clear carbon' more often then usual... To all u ppl who have contemplated on putting 2-T in ur fuel... Hesitate no more! Put some in and enjoy a smoother ride.... Haha. Just make sure its a premium quality 2-T...

gd luck and have fun... happy driving... [drivingcar]

good FR bro!.

Its too expensive to open up the engine to check the carbon built up in the combustion chamber, other than reading the sparkplug. Is there any recomendation on how to check the carbon build up? was thinking to try my luck n check from the spark plug hole but is it possible to see thru what is happening in the combustion chamber ?

I guess the carbon build up will more be on the exhaust.... If you look at 2 stroke bikes.... most will deposit on the exhaust...

↡ Advertisement