Best ways to quit without burning bridges...

Thargor

Suppose you have a boss that is influentual and not unknown in the industry. How do you tell the boss YOU QUIT without burning bridges? And given your role is not easily replaceable...how do you stand firm on your decision that you will not extend your notice? [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

just tell him u wanna learn more out there and maybe can truthfully share that u have a better offer, maybe he can upz or at least match.

in the end of the day are u happy where u are now.

if u're not den add how much also no use

just do everything professionally during the handover stage.

if your boss is reasonable person, he won't hold grudge against you.

if your boss is unreasonable person, anything you do also won't pacify him.

i have met unreasonable bosses, tender already still expect the staff to work OT late weekday nights, weekends and public holidays.

Suppose you have a boss that is influentual and not unknown in the industry. How do you tell the boss YOU QUIT without burning bridges? And given your role is not easily replaceable...how do you stand firm on your decision that you will not extend your notice? [laugh]

are you joining the competitor? take him to a posh restaurant, buy him expensive farewell gift and ask for forgiveness [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

just do everything professionally during the handover stage.

if your boss is reasonable person, he won't hold grudge against you.

if your boss is unreasonable person, anything you do also won't pacify him.

i have met unreasonable bosses, tender already still expect the staff to work OT late weekday nights, weekends and public holidays.

true it actually depends on the boss, even if the whole world love you and he is petty, nothing will make him happy :D

Neutral Newbie

I feel a personal hand written thank you note will work wonders. Try it, might work for your case.

From your thread, seems you might not have broken the news to him/her. What I did last time was pull my boss to the smoking point (she smokes too) & have an 1 to 1 chat before breaking the news officially. I feel a sudden resignation letter may surprise and annoyed the boss. He/she feel feel "huh wtf?"

Further more, if your role is hard to replace, its prudent to be firm (yourself) yet gentle (to your boss).

my 2 cents