Would you spend $3,400 on a vacuum cleaner?

Starry

$3.4K is not cheap, but still there are ppl who buy it. Buying it is one thing, using it is another. For a start, maybe you will using it every week for the first few months, after that, you will get lazier and lazier. Eventually, it will becom a white elephant in your storeroom, unless you have a maid, then it is a different scenerio.

I wont let my maid touch a $3.4k vacumn cleaner...becos she's going to damage it in no time anyway... I wouldn't spend so much for a vacumn cleaner unless its fully auto..moves around the house by itself, knows when to stop..and it had to be silent!... :D

Neutral Newbie

From a user -

I am not a staff but just a happy user. You may not find the machine as good as it is but I do. Just like I have mentioned I am a happy user of a $3k Laurastar steam iron but there are many friends who think that I am crazy buying such an expensive iron. Whether if it is over-priced or not it really depends on the perceived value you have for something. Many people would perceived that MLM products are overpriced too, but I am sure you will say otherwise because you are in the biz and a believer in the system. A amway toothpaste will cost >$10 while a Oral B cost $3! So much said, I am also a user of of some networking company products esp household and supplements but I do not think that they are overpriced becasue that is my perceived value.

Do you think a bottle of French Chateau Lafite Rothschild is overpriced? To one it may be but to me it is not. A bottle of Lafiite 1982 is S$5800, and you can buy 1 and half delphine machine. Silly or stupid? There will be some will & some will not. Be it a G2000 shirt or a Armani, a LV or Bonia bag, why the difference in price? Branding, marketing, quality??? A matter of fact is that a water base vacuum cleaner is better than a filter bag cleaner, and other water base vacuum machine can't do what this machine does and i am happy with it.

However I do agree that consumer will look forward to good sales ethics & after sales service. So far, the person who presented to me did not hoax me into buying neither apply any hard selling techniques. She came back a day later to demo to me and my domestic helper on how to use use the machine effectivelyand also presented me the complimentart gifts that the company gives away.

Like what ttn put it, no one will force you to buy something if you dont want to. So stop crying foul when you regretted it. Think before you buy.

Would you spent $25,000 on a Rolex just to keep time? A $50 Casio or Seiko does the same! We are talking about something we sleep on every night,our bed. If you can live with these dirts,bacteria and fungus on your bed,carry on, some people can't.

Don't comment or talk negatively about this high end machines if you haven't even witness it yourself, talking is always cheap...

Edited by Yazoo

Guys...salesman try to sell this Rainbow vacuum cleaner for $3,400. Promise to pick up dirt like nothing before from any surface and cleans your air better than any air purifier out there.

Take a look : http://www.rainbowsystem.com/rainbowsystem/main/?lg=english

I personally think it's ridiculous to pay $3.4k for a vacuum cleaner but what do you think? Would you pay for one?

One of my friend bought it. He uses it to service his aircon blowers too [laugh]

I heard that VC's that can can suck up dust mites requires very high suction power to "unhook" them plus True HEPA filters to prevent them from being blown out of the VC.

Those water based VC are not effective as well. Although the water becomes dirty and gives u the sense that the cleaning is good, in actual fact smaller

dust particles actually skim on the surface of the water and get blown out. Only the bigger particles get caught in the water.

what kinda funny 3.4k vacuum is this.

can vacuum my dog?

he sheds fur like mad!

me prefer the old way to clean.

sweep and mop/scrub.

i in charge of cleaning my dog's playground :D

the rainbow vacuum cleaner does the job pretty ok to well.

but for the price, and the sound it creates... the price for buck ratio is not high.

it's heavy, tries to be an industrial type vacuum, but it lacks the power of one.

there's certainly more options for around the 1.5K region that does the job as well as the rainbow if not better.

something about the rainbow is that it last a long time.

it's not uncommon for rainbow owners to use it for over 10 years.

my mum's set is around the 7-8 years mark. still working fine cept for all the scuffing on the attachments, and the usual wear mark on the vacuum unit itself.

Guys...salesman try to sell this Rainbow vacuum cleaner for $3,400. Promise to pick up dirt like nothing before from any surface and cleans your air better than any air purifier out there.

Take a look : http://www.rainbowsystem.com/rainbowsystem/main/?lg=english

I personally think it's ridiculous to pay $3.4k for a vacuum cleaner but what do you think? Would you pay for one?

3.4k? huh! if i really pay a price like that for a vacuum cleaner i can use it suck my brains out.

How much do u spend on vacuum cleaners in a lifetime?? 3.4k can buy many many vacuum cleaners lo.

Bought my Osim iEcologi few years back at ard $2800...served me well over the years and its really useful as its able to vacuum, steam, purify air etc.

It really depends on individual needs...

i think the OSIM one still ok. my parents got scammed by rainbow too. when stay HDB single level last time still ok. when move to 3-storey terrace [knife] [knife] [knife]

btw, not haolian hor. my parent's house is those 'poor man terrace' at crappy location. downturn got pple sell for under 700k [rolleyes]

i bought my mum a dyson. supposedly quite clean also and more importantly, it's actually rather portable. weighs abt 20-30% more than those cheapo vacuum cleaners only.

From a user -

I am not a staff but just a happy user. You may not find the machine as good as it is but I do. Just like I have mentioned I am a happy user of a $3k Laurastar steam iron but there are many friends who think that I am crazy buying such an expensive iron. Whether if it is over-priced or not it really depends on the perceived value you have for something. Many people would perceived that MLM products are overpriced too, but I am sure you will say otherwise because you are in the biz and a believer in the system. A amway toothpaste will cost >$10 while a Oral B cost $3! So much said, I am also a user of of some networking company products esp household and supplements but I do not think that they are overpriced becasue that is my perceived value.

Do you think a bottle of French Chateau Lafite Rothschild is overpriced? To one it may be but to me it is not. A bottle of Lafiite 1982 is S$5800, and you can buy 1 and half delphine machine. Silly or stupid? There will be some will & some will not. Be it a G2000 shirt or a Armani, a LV or Bonia bag, why the difference in price? Branding, marketing, quality??? A matter of fact is that a water base vacuum cleaner is better than a filter bag cleaner, and other water base vacuum machine can't do what this machine does and i am happy with it.

However I do agree that consumer will look forward to good sales ethics & after sales service. So far, the person who presented to me did not hoax me into buying neither apply any hard selling techniques. She came back a day later to demo to me and my domestic helper on how to use use the machine effectivelyand also presented me the complimentart gifts that the company gives away.

Like what ttn put it, no one will force you to buy something if you dont want to. So stop crying foul when you regretted it. Think before you buy.

Would you spent $25,000 on a Rolex just to keep time? A $50 Casio or Seiko does the same! We are talking about something we sleep on every night,our bed. If you can live with these dirts,bacteria and fungus on your bed,carry on, some people can't.

Don't comment or talk negatively about this high end machines if you haven't even witness it yourself, talking is always cheap...

rainbow last 10 yrs, true. but a lot of parts crack here and there. it even started smoking and sparking. i won't say it really lasted 10 years, but more because my mum pushed it for 10 years. if it cost just 500 bucks, it would be thrown out in 5 years for sure.

i can buy dyson and throw away every 3 years and it still cost cheaper than rainbow. dyson 5 years warranty btw, not sure abt rainbow

osim not sure how long it lasts, but at least it cost less than rainbow and can do steam cleaning as well. i would have got tt one instead of dyson but i was on a budget. normal vacs dun cut it cos i am sensitive to airborne dust, which normal vacs GENERATE rather than eliminate.

for my usage, dyson just as effective as rainbow. doesn't make me sneeze unlike usual vacs where i have to 'evacuate' the area of operations.

I heard that VC's that can can suck up dust mites requires very high suction power to "unhook" them plus True HEPA filters to prevent them from being blown out of the VC.

Those water based VC are not effective as well. Although the water becomes dirty and gives u the sense that the cleaning is good, in actual fact smaller

dust particles actually skim on the surface of the water and get blown out. Only the bigger particles get caught in the water.

those water n cyclone type vacuum cleaners really work. they don't rely on hepa filter (though they do have one, usually) to filter out most of the dust.

normal vacuum cleaner with bag n HEPA will clog in no time. ur suction power reduced by a lot. cyclone n water type can maintain almost full power suction for longer. i believe this reduces energy usage, although the salesmen never bring up this point.

my next upgrades to reduce energy usage are front load washer and inverter aircon, fridge. but problem is these things usually last forever, so not sure when i'll get to upgrade.

when i move to my current place, damn tight for $. so just buy the cheapest jap aircon, cheapest korean fridge n washer. but vacuum i cannot skimp. and btw, i DON'T sell vacuum cleaners. just have history of childhood asthma plus sensitive to dust.

i believe someone mentioned the brand miele as well on this forum, but probably cost as much as rainbow

something about the rainbow is that it last a long time.

it's not uncommon for rainbow owners to use it for over 10 years.

my mum's set is around the 7-8 years mark. still working fine cept for all the scuffing on the attachments, and the usual wear mark on the vacuum unit itself.

things which are so overpriced tend to be used beyond usable service life. except cars in singapore!

check the wiring regularly. don't be complacent. same goes for all 'ancient' electrical appliances. fridge go for 20 yrs still 'younger' than vacuum cleaner for 10 yrs, cos unlike ur VC, the fridge isn't dragged around the house every other day

hmm..my elder sister is one such big carrot [knife] ...spend even more something like 4k+ on a wet type VC...cant remember the brand thou...now sitting in the storeroom collect dust also... [shakehead]

She also spend about 9k plus to buy 2 mountain bikes for her and her hubby, with other accessories total about 10k. Now also hanging on the wall, seldom go out biking too...haiz... [:|]

:D

vacuum cleaner collecting dust... what an irony...

↡ Advertisement