2010 Polo Owner

Tankee531

Same here bro. I booked in late Nov, but only arriving in April/May becoz of RCD310 upgrade.

But i didn't manage to get it free. Paid $400 to upgrade, but SE give me a 5K rebate. I got mine in the end at 62,800. if you add in the RCD310 upgrade, i paid nett 63,200.

I heard it's retailing for 69,300 now. No idea on whether still have launch discount.

I heard Nov launch price was 65k with the financial rebate and stuff 62-63 is normal I guess. When I gone in to buy @ abt Mid-Dec the price already selling @ 67k only manage to get 3k rebate thus I told SE I expect sound system to be free else no deal lol

So I paid nett 64,200 [1k more then u ; ;]

Just curious and no offences....

Anyone of you guys compared the Polo with jazz? in terms of space?

I was the few lucky ones to drive Jazz when I learn from BBDC and when I wanted to buy a car I choose all the size sama-sama to Jazz. Polo size maybe the same but Jazz have higher top thus makes it looks bigger. The sun roof of Jazz is more distraction then useful. If u want a sun roof might as well get a convertable.

[confused] then he do installation at my place?

He not installing for u but he will intro u to audio shop to do installation,if u got fren doing audio u can ask yr fren to do it...i ask my fren to install the HU for mi :D

still confused with the DSG , FC seems to be very high . I tried using manual , the power is ok but the FC is terrible . Can anyone share your FC ? About the waywell , after bargaining the price is $750 . Made in China and with one year warranty .

HI fren,i hav been driving Polo for abt 1 mth,so far my FC for 1st tank is 41 Lt/706km=17KM/L,2nd tank 40.5LT/653km=16KM/LT**2 times drive till petrol icon lightup**tomolo most likely gg for my 3rd tank... [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Volkswagens give good fuel consumption once you start cruising but once you start idling at traffic lights, the avg consumption per trip drops considerably...Don't rev up too much and manual will bring down readings as the DSG shifts faster than the human hand..

Got a golf and for the first tank since collection im reaping around 12.5km/litre on avg due to traffic jams on 4 out of 8 days.

Today managed to get an avg trip reading of 17km/l though :D cruised from home to work at 90-100km/hr.

Neutral Newbie

I heard Nov launch price was 65k with the financial rebate and stuff 62-63 is normal I guess. When I gone in to buy @ abt Mid-Dec the price already selling @ 67k only manage to get 3k rebate thus I told SE I expect sound system to be free else no deal lol

So I paid nett 64,200 [1k more then u ; ;]

Bro, around there. Between late Nov to mid dec, the COE for small car went up about 1-2k. So 1k increment is reasonable.

Heard from my SE since volkswagen took over the dealership directly, prices (listed one) are quite fixed. SEs now can hardly give any extra discounts, other than those stipulated by the company. Good for customers i guess, prices more transparent.

Anyone here know, with the current 69,300 price tag, what is the actual price after rebate?

Volkswagens give good fuel consumption once you start cruising but once you start idling at traffic lights, the avg consumption per trip drops considerably...Don't rev up too much and manual will bring down readings as the DSG shifts faster than the human hand..

Got a golf and for the first tank since collection im reaping around 12.5km/litre on avg due to traffic jams on 4 out of 8 days.

Today managed to get an avg trip reading of 17km/l though :D cruised from home to work at 90-100km/hr.

Yesh agreed as my 3rd tank today is 43.32Lt-680KM=15.5KM/Lt this few days always kena stuck at tracffic jam [sweatdrop] ,even KPE tunnel oso can jam till sim ave exit [furious]

still much better than me, I'm doing only 14.x km/l so far.

my first tank pump ard 40L did 490 nia!

i bet no one as bad as me.

now on caltex 98. will monitor the FC.

Neutral Newbie

hmmm robo bro,

hows your driving pattern?

my first full tank on my golf 55l only giving me the same readings as yours... :(

Any one going to do a car review for polo?? i am always interested to read a car review from day to day user.

Sorry i dont trust sgcarmart user review. As most are posted by newbies account which i think most are the SE of that car brand.

hmmm robo bro,

hows your driving pattern?

my first full tank on my golf 55l only giving me the same readings as yours... :(

mine should be normal... HW between 90-110km/h. 50-50 on hw and urban

but my gf is rather heavy footed.

[laugh]

there is a certain point of the accelerator where by u step and u can feel the acceleration. it takes a little getting used to. gf seems to have problem doing that. she tells me she's almost flooring the accelerator everytime.

den realised also if there a need for power. just release the the accelerator and step deeper. the DSG box will sense the need for power and automatically drops 2 gear. if there is more need, step harder it will drop gear further. gf cant seems to catch it.

oh... btw.. i pump caltex 98 for this tank. on the 3/4 mark now did around 200km.

Edited by Robo