(Solution Needed) Myna fly into my home

Dfx16

The cheapest way to catch a bird, without having to resort to poisons, is to get the grey-white putty that bird catchers themselves use.

Just spread the putty on a selected area, flatten it a bit and put bird seeds or food on it.

When the bird lands to eat the food, they will realize that they are unable to fly off (cos their feet are stuck to the putty). Then you come later and man-handle them. Kill them, if you have too.

The same goes for lizards too. There is a special glue sold on plastic rectangular plates, with grains placed in the middle. I buy these one every few months, when I notice that the lizard population has grown around my house, in the garden etc. Just place them underneath a light source (where the lizards would prey on the insects), or in the kitchen. By next morning, you will find a few lizards stuck onto the glue. Dispose.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

OK I have a relatively simple way of driving them away but I am not sure if it works for everyone. I hang old CD's near the window. The bright shiny plastic somehow irritates them as they twist and turn in the sunshine, dazzling them and they stay away from my window. Try 2 per window frame hanging by a string.

It works for me and seems to drive away most birds. Its a cheap way method without killing the birdies and messing around with poisons.

Edited by Bern2

Don't need to take life unnecessarily... just cover the waste bin. Works for me... they don't come to my place anymore.

Practice this everyday

But they are rambo when on one around they'll deep into territories to search

one thing about these birds is that they are quite smart. they will know poison when other birds have died from it. they will know the smell.

they will know the traps if they have seen it used before to trap other birds.

you have to rotate between all the different methods so that they remain novel to some of the birds while preventing them from learning and avoiding older traps.

the best is still shooting them, but where to get shot gun? [knife]

Ya.. they are smart

They ate my specially prepared delicacy ~ laxative + breads for once

The next day they dont even want to eat again

Tried chlorine + milo + breads it dont work maybe neighbour tried before liao hence they are smart to tell

Chlorine got a strong smell that is hard to mask.

Then If I remember correctly, birds have different digestive system from humans. What causes us to get food poisoning may be OK to them.

Edited by Ahtong

Guys need some help here

Everyday without fail Myna fly into my home to hunt for food

Its super ultra nuisance esp when the havoc the litter bin, s--t anywhere and sometime when prepared foods left in the kitchen unguard the next moment they are feeding on it etc

I had checked within the neighbourhood

Quite a few face this problem also

So far i had tried laxative hidden in breads and chlorine mixed with milo and breads both no luck

Anyone here can t-loan me shotgun? :D

Joke aside any permanent solution? :angry:

Thanks [laugh]

1. WireMesh your windows. At least air still flow thru.

2. Put food into Trap cage- catch the bird and eat it like a Fried Pigeon.

3. leave food outside the window. they will eat out.

4. catch 1 Myna and kill it and hang on your window. The others will know you don't pray pray.

5. Ask NEA to shoot the bird.

Guys need some help here

Everyday without fail Myna fly into my home to hunt for food

Its super ultra nuisance esp when the havoc the litter bin, s--t anywhere and sometime when prepared foods left in the kitchen unguard the next moment they are feeding on it etc

I had checked within the neighbourhood

Quite a few face this problem also

So far i had tried laxative hidden in breads and chlorine mixed with milo and breads both no luck

Anyone here can t-loan me shotgun? :D

Joke aside any permanent solution? :angry:

Thanks [laugh]

Just close your windows. Or draw the curtains.

Better not leh, scarly attract more birds [:p]

For sure it won't cos the $2 dummy works for me! After hanging that up, no more signs of those birds! [wave]

I've the same problem before. Those birds even left some chicken wing bones on my bed!!! [bigcry]

Agree that the dummy birds work very well.

For sure it won't cos the $2 dummy works for me! After hanging that up, no more signs of those birds! [wave]

I've the same problem before. Those birds even left some chicken wing bones on my bed!!! [bigcry]

Put sticky tape or glue trap.

Once the bird is trapped, leave it just outside the window in the same condition till it dies.

The others will get the idea and will not enter. Might have to do this a couple of times to get it through.

It's best that u get some1 got licence to kill de [knife] and solve your problem, no wise to leave pest or animal in their dying state.. Rem pass few year there is a man who kill a bird or cat(i can't rem) to keep the rest of the (birds or cats) away and he just hung it outside his residence then neighbour saw, call SPCA then he kanna charge of animal abused..