Kia Sorento 2010

Pentux

Neutral Newbie

Hey Bro, u cfm got the prediction sala.. [grin]

Guess what? My SE called me juz now and ask me whether I'm interested to change color anot.. she said got 1 black, 1 white, and i green on current stock cos' buyers failed their COE biddings and they wana give to the successful bidders 1st.. If wana change, den I can get the ride by end mth..

So I was like deciding whether to change to a black one and get ride early or wait for the next shipment (not cfm when, maybe late May /June) for my shiny Silver Knight. Den told her I dicuss with my OC 1st and get back to her.

So I call OC and she said she still prefer Silver.. So bobian lor.. [:(]

Den on the other line, my SE called again.. and she said: "Good news! I just found a Silver laying in the garage cos' my colleague's buyer failed COE bidding for the 5th time... so buyer gave up... So my Colleague pass the Silver to me! Please prepare your cheque book and come down to showrm this Sat"

I was like WTF?!? [dizzy] One minute u ask me to change color, the next minute I get my Silver!! (And I was driving along PIE throughout the conversation) [drivingcar]

Soooo... I'm going to do my paperwork this SAT!! [bounce1]

FINALLY!!!

So Bro, dun hv to worry, I dun need to kiss u after all!! [sweatdrop] haha..

>> Woohoo! so finally u got the silver ya? Congrats..! Bro my advice; if possible dont wait for next shipment, cos Korea seems very fickle; they may delay shipment again, if can grab now, go for it

Hey bro if u do your paperwork this saturday, u never know, u may collect it next friday! so my prediction may turn out correct ;-)

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

>> Woohoo! so finally u got the silver ya? Congrats..! Bro my advice; if possible dont wait for next shipment, cos Korea seems very fickle; they may delay shipment again, if can grab now, go for it

Hey bro if u do your paperwork this saturday, u never know, u may collect it next friday! so my prediction may turn out correct ;-)

Hmm... so I still own u a kiss afterall?!? [gorgeous] Haha...

i do paperwork today and SE told me next week unlikely as LTA got new ruling which requires more documents to be submitted to them for processing and take longer..dunno who smoke la...anyway SE also told me Korea see SG not many orders liao due to COE MADNESS and thus will give smaller quantity and later buyers have to wait longer...

Neutral Newbie

bodyglove: hahaha aiyoh bro no kiss lah, unless you're a beautiful lady driving a sorento :-P hmmm i just read pentux's LTA document news, oklah i revise my prediction; you get your sorento 28th april.. Huat ah!

Neutral Newbie

Got my ride, today :P

Been loving every second of it. This weekend going to install the side step.

Any bros thinking of installing DVD player?

I wanted to install but my ICE installer told me the bracket for the Sorento has not arrived yet.

Neutral Newbie

bodyglove: hahaha aiyoh bro no kiss lah, unless you're a beautiful lady driving a sorento :-P hmmm i just read pentux's LTA document news, oklah i revise my prediction; you get your sorento 28th april.. Huat ah!

:blink: wow.. I sibei heng ah.. if the korea reli allocate less units to SG and causes delay, den my wait will be longer...

Huat ah!!

Neutral Newbie

Has anyone who already got their Sorento, install alarm in it? Do you need to carry another remote or can use the existing Smart key? I need a alarm to search for my car usually [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Has anyone who already got their Sorento, install alarm in it? Do you need to carry another remote or can use the existing Smart key? I need a alarm to search for my car usually [laugh]

> i think if u press and hold one of the buttons on the key (is it called key fob now?) the sorento will make a loud sound to alert u its location

Neutral Newbie

Any bros here who collected their rides have any comments on the ICE systems?

Is the sound quality good?

I'm thinking of removing my speakers and amps on my current ride and transfer to Sorento...

I'm thinking of removing my speakers and amps on my current ride and transfer to Sorento...

the sound system is 8 speakers with woofer. but tat time i ask se where is the woofer..she also dunno where..

sound system should be good enuff unless your sound system is super good one.

Neutral Newbie

> i think if u press and hold one of the buttons on the key (is it called key fob now?) the sorento will make a loud sound to alert u its location

Can anyone verify this? Coz all i need is just the sound to find my car. I check with my SE when i booked my car, and she say got NO ALARM, don't have any sound. I'll need to install myself outside, a separate one.

Neutral Newbie

Sound quality is ok but Woofer is non-existent to say the list. I'm gonna replace the woofer if i can find where it is. I think at the back row there's a compartment for the subwoofer.

Neutral Newbie

Can anyone verify this? Coz all i need is just the sound to find my car. I check with my SE when i booked my car, and she say got NO ALARM, don't have any sound. I'll need to install myself outside, a separate one.

hmm, it seems different SEs say different things. For real bro, my SE told me about this last saturday; i asked him if can get audible alert in big shopping mall carparks, he said yes, sorento got a "smart feature" -> when lock/unlock no sound, but press and hold one of the key fob buttons (i forgot which one) and a sound comes out. Maybe if u have collected ur sorento can try to press and hold one of the buttons?

Neutral Newbie

Sound quality is ok but Woofer is non-existent to say the list. I'm gonna replace the woofer if i can find where it is. I think at the back row there's a compartment for the subwoofer.

My SE told me the sub is at the centre of the console / Dashboard... [:/]

Edited by Bodyglove

Neutral Newbie

[rolleyes] Hi New Sorento owners,,

Congrats on yr new ride.. ! Sure u must be loving riding on yr new ride..!

I read thru all the posts here,, thinking of visiting this Sun to test drive..

still in few minds if I will want a SUV 2.4 Sorento. EX $109k SX $119k.

Sure it is a nice SUV, love all its stuff...

Can some kind Sorento owners advice the FC ? does it drink ??

Pros & Cons of the new Sorento...

Appreciate yr input, & I can firm my mind better.

Big thanks in advance to u all ... Sorentos !! [:p]

Neutral Newbie

Juz collected my SX this afternoon... the sky opened up soon after I drove out from the collection centre at Pandan [furious] ... gave the wiper a good test...

The ride was high, steady, and quiet... loved every minute of it (literally can still count the number of minutes I've driven so far [laugh] )

According to my SE, the woofer is under the front passenger seat... I'm no expert in ICE, but the Sorento's sound system is good enough for my untrained ears...

Not sure about the alarm thingy though, will try tomorrow to see if there really is a sound if the key's button (which one exactly?) is pressed long enough...

Edited by Tankie

Neutral Newbie

For the FC, I have recorded an average of 8-8.5 km per liter.

Still running in. Guess if you drive a SUV, FC is secondary. Enjoyment of the car is 1st???

Neutral Newbie

Checking if anyone is installing alarm to their sorentos and whether there is any problems encountered? Considering installing a intergrated car alarm so that the original key fob can still be used without carrying another remote......

↡ Advertisement