Kia Sorento 2010

Pentux

ehhh, now my car odo already read 256km liao. exceeded the 80~90 km run in, you mention.

the run in is driving around 80-90km/hr. not your mileage

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Oh, i have checked during the handover of car, and they say now new type of engine, no longer need to run in at 80~90 km/hr. As long as, you don't accelerate suddenly (meaning, ram up the rpm), you can speed as high as you want. But must be gradually. So, if you are driving in expressway, if the speed slowly picks up, you don't need to control at 80~90 km/hr. Thats what the sale people say, regarding run in. Just don't jam the accelerator all the way down. Maybe you can check again regarding this? Or you will be very miserable, driving at 80~90 km/hr along expressway, with such a powerful 2.4 Sorento [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

hello everyone...

i got my sorento ex on the 16th of this mth and i'm now at the service center for my 1k, looks like its gonna be a long wait for me...

im back for my 6k svc @ ubi... in here for an hour already

hi can any1 pm me the price for the side step and where can i get it

go mancando. was quoted the same price as others here...

anyone here know whether when we lock the windows...the front passenger still can unwind..last time in my old car...not suppose to leh...cannot can clarify?

just installed my DVD (pioneer avh4250) player on my car. The faceplate had to order from Korea.

nice...where did u order it from? how much??

Neutral Newbie

New "Poison" from Kia!

Happened to be at KIA Motors juz now and witness the installation of GPS cum reverse camera.. Ask my SE.. she said $1.5K!! :blink:

Anyway, me not interested.. if any of the bros here keen, drop by KIA..

They also have the head rest screen DVD player.. $2K!!

BTW, Soul is on display.. not bad... but Sorento is better!! Haha!! [laugh]

post-65846-1275899296_thumb.jpg

Neutral Newbie

nice...where did u order it from? how much??

Hi Pentux

I ordered it from JL Sim Lim at Serangoon Gardens. Cost me $180 including installation.

Neutral Newbie

hey bodyglove, havent seen your silver sorento at the office carpark in sometime, how's your dressed up ride? Installed more items bro?

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

hey bodyglove, havent seen your silver sorento at the office carpark in sometime, how's your dressed up ride? Installed more items bro?

haha.. Missed me? :p

I had moved on. No longer working in the city.

No more 'poison' installed. But had spent a fortune on my ride. It had been a long mth.

1st. I had spilled red wine on my back seat! Den next day sent to Kia to dismental my seat and took off the leather n cushion. Want them to replc the cushion and they said muz order frm Korea. So no choice, had to do without 1 back seat.

Left Kia and run some errands. Den kena 'hut n run'!!!

At the traffic junction, wanted to go straight, den on my left, a big bloody lorry wanted to turn left and eat into my lane. The back of lorry left a big long dented mark on my left back door and hit my side mirror!!! The mirror crack. I couldn't react as it happened so fast and I was going straight and lorry turn left.

Haiz. LL go back to Kia and repair the damage. Mirror gota order frm korea.

So I drove the car for 3 wks without a back seat and a broken mirror!! Got the dent repair and cost $700.

Recv call frm Kia last wk. Told me the cushion cost $1.2k!! Wah koaz!

Den they offer to was the cushion for me and make a new leather cover. The total damage, $600+.

:'(

So today went back to get my seat and mirror install. Dats the reason why I was at Kia today.

Any more 'poison'?? Nope. I'm dead broke!! Anyone wana offer me 3 meals a day for 1 mth? Haha. :p

Edited by Bodyglove

Neutral Newbie

hey bodyglove, so sorry to hear what happened bro :-( Hope things are better now.

The lorry run from accident scene? basket, knock a sorento and chabut!

btw, for wine stain, maybe dont need to change the underneath cushion, just change the leather covering on top? or its quite bad the cushion also need to replace huh, 1.2k is alot :'-(

take care bro, hope your silver baby gets back to 100% form soon

Neutral Newbie

hey bodyglove, so sorry to hear what happened bro :-( Hope things are better now.

The lorry run from accident scene? basket, knock a sorento and chabut!

btw, for wine stain, maybe dont need to change the underneath cushion, just change the leather covering on top? or its quite bad the cushion also need to replace huh, 1.2k is alot :'-(

take care bro, hope your silver baby gets back to 100% form soon

The lorry "didn't run" away.. I guess he didn't even know he had "touch" me.. it happened too fast... [mad]

Yeah.. didn't change the cushion cos' too exp liao.. the learther cover changes.. if u notice.. our leather seats got likttle holes on them.. any liquid will juz sip thru...

my chusion "drank" 3/4 btls on red wine.. and it really stink! Luckily Kia did a good job in washing them.. now no smell liao..

Yup.. my sliver knight is back to it prime liao.. [bounce2]

Neutral Newbie

yeah the little dotted holes in the seats, "tropical leather" they like to call it, suitable for our warm climate cos its more breathable, so the salesdude told me.

Unfortunately the breathable holes = wine-go-thru holes.. :-/ anyway all that settled oredi, now your seat back to 100% ya, Silver Sorento back to top form, can play in world cup first eleven..! heheh..

btw i got a side question; you know in the speedometer u can press the button to see average fuel consumption? Is that a constantly calculating figure that changes every minute, or just like a standard display figure? thanks

Neutral Newbie

yeah the little dotted holes in the seats, "tropical leather" they like to call it, suitable for our warm climate cos its more breathable, so the salesdude told me.

Unfortunately the breathable holes = wine-go-thru holes.. :-/ anyway all that settled oredi, now your seat back to 100% ya, Silver Sorento back to top form, can play in world cup first eleven..! heheh..

btw i got a side question; you know in the speedometer u can press the button to see average fuel consumption? Is that a constantly calculating figure that changes every minute, or just like a standard display figure? thanks

Bro, not sure whether the "fuel consumption" reading accurate or not... Everytime I pump fuel, the reading will goes up.. den after a while, it went down... now my average readings is between 12-16... and i think itz damn high...

Anyway, I gave up on monitoring the readings.. Juz drive lor... Haha... :D

Bro, not sure whether the "fuel consumption" reading accurate or not... Everytime I pump fuel, the reading will goes up.. den after a while, it went down... now my average readings is between 12-16... and i think itz damn high...

Anyway, I gave up on monitoring the readings.. Juz drive lor... Haha... :D

yup the readings will go up once u pump in full tank. i am averaging around 11.5 now. also if u notice, the total distance your tank can travel up to...initially i got 700km...then drive a bit drop a lot...1 full tank cannot reach 700km..tink around 600km then will light up..

anyway no one confirm with me the windows locking mechanism. front passenger can still adjust window up down after driver locks it...back passengers cannot open.

yup the readings will go up once u pump in full tank. i am averaging around 11.5 now. also if u notice, the total distance your tank can travel up to...initially i got 700km...then drive a bit drop a lot...1 full tank cannot reach 700km..tink around 600km then will light up..

anyway no one confirm with me the windows locking mechanism. front passenger can still adjust window up down after driver locks it...back passengers cannot open.

I've been averaging 10.3L to 10.9L / 100KM for the last few tanks. The last tank, the reading was 10.9, and that was having the engine and A/C on for almost 2 hours with my family inside whilst I was at driving range. Otherwise, it wud gave a much better reading. Hope it will get better and better.

Neutral Newbie

hey pentux, i can confirm that the window locking mechanism is only for the rear door windows. front passenger door windows can operate with "window lock".

Sgsorento: that's very good fuel consumption you have there. better than what is projected by C&C - 11.1L/100km. any tips on how you achieved that? Yours is an EX right? i'm struggling to get 9km/L, not successful.

↡ Advertisement