What brands are over-rated?

Ahtong

I will start with MacDonalds. IMO they serve the worst burgers but their sales is the best because they have good marketing that can make consumers go crazy. Starbucks is like the MacDonalds of coffee in that their fame exceeds their quality.

I know people will sure bash Toyota for cars but what about Honda or other Jap brands? Is German engineering really that fantastic?

For football, it has to be England.

Anymore over-rated brands you can think of?

↡ Advertisement

I will start with MacDonalds. IMO they serve the worst burgers but their sales is the best because they have good marketing that can make consumers go crazy. Starbucks is like the MacDonalds of coffee in that their fame exceeds their quality.

I know people will sure bash Toyota for cars but what about Honda or other Jap brands? Is German engineering really that fantastic?

For football, it has to be England.

Anymore over-rated brands you can think of?

I also dun like Mc Donalds burgers. I prefer Burger King.

Wonder y pple always compare jap cars n korean cars but end up kapan cars usually always tio recall one?

Recently US stop alot T car due to some safety roofs issue n recall nearly a million

just my tots how come nia

A responsible manufacturer would recall and admit a problem which happen few years ago, despite such action would costs the company alot of money.

A irresponsible manufacturer may consider such problem as part of wear and tear item, keep quiet about.

Which one would you trust more?

A responsible manufacturer would recall and admit a problem which happen few years ago, despite such action would costs the company alot of money.

A irresponsible manufacturer may consider such problem as part of wear and tear item, keep quiet about.

on the other hand, a good manufacturer would not have such problems if they use quality parts for production. so a recall would never have happened [laugh]

They recall due to escalating complaints around the world and actual death where the root cause was pointed to a defective product. Not because they found it out and before things happen. It's just damage control.

They recall due to escalating complaints around the world and actual death where the root cause was pointed to a defective product. Not because they found it out and before things happen. It's just damage control.

I read the headline without reading the detail. Would you please provide the link on this info where the problem causes death? Thanks.

I read the headline without reading the detail. Would you please provide the link on this info where the problem causes death? Thanks.

Toyota: stuck accelerator pedal causes death when drivers failed to stop the vehicle.

Honda: faulty power window switch causes short circuiting when water leaks in and causes a fire. latest casualty being a child who was asleep in the car.

Both issued recalls after deaths occured. So is it damage control, guilty conscience or being responsible? the conclusion is yours [laugh]

Read the papers... About weeks ago.. Not going to search my past strait times papers and type word for word here..

Movies: Star Wars prequels. (Special effects only. Everything else is crap)

Books: Lord of the Rings (Sooooo boring)

Authors: Dan Brown (Sell millions using recycled plots)

Read the papers... About weeks ago.. Not going to search my past strait times papers and type word for word here..

You refering to this article?

Refer: http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/M...ory_484182.html

Jan 30, 2010

Toyota recall tally nears 8m

BRUSSELS - JAPANESE automaker Toyota ordered a new mass auto recall on Friday, pulling up to 1.8 million vehicles from Europe, as rivals Honda recalled 646,000 of its cars worldwide.

The latest in a series of recalls which has now hit almost eight million Toyota cars worldwide, was again due to an accelerator problem and covered eight separate models and dates ranging back to February 2005.

That is equivalent to Toyota's entire worldwide sales last year of 7.81 million vehicles. 'The precise number of involved units is still under investigation but may reach up to 1.8 million vehicles,' Toyota said in a statement from Brussels on the new European recall.

Meanwhile, Honda's worldwide recall, due to a window switch problem, affects Fit/Jazz cars made between 2002 and 2008 in Japan, China, Brazil, Thailand, Malaysia and India. Honda said that about 10 percent of its recalled cars would need a replacement switch, to avert overheating and potential fire.

The Toyota models involved are the AYGO, iQ, Yaris, Auris, Corolla, Verso, Avensis and RAV4 series. The company was at pains to state that its luxury Lexus models were unaffected.

Toyota said parts supplier CTS had begun making pedals based on a new design that resolved the problem and the two firms were testing a remedy. Engineers were believed to be putting the finishing touches to a repair whereby it would insert a 'spacer' in the pedal mechanism in order to increase the tension in a spring and reduce the risk of sticking. -- AFP

Toyota: stuck accelerator pedal causes death when drivers failed to stop the vehicle.

Honda: faulty power window switch causes short circuiting when water leaks in and causes a fire. latest casualty being a child who was asleep in the car.

Both issued recalls after deaths occured. So is it damage control, guilty conscience or being responsible? the conclusion is yours [laugh]

A link to the actual article would be more credible, thank you.

A link to the actual article would be more credible, thank you.

if you want the news to be credible, do a search yourself using the keywords i posted. there are dozen of articles on the www, choose any search result to read more. [laugh]

[laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement