Nashin or AVA or VTTR BBK

Rickster86

Hi bros, hope to hear some review from you guys whether which bbk is overall better and cost worthy as title indicated..

cheers biggrin.gif

↡ Advertisement

yea.. nashin big 4 pot @ $1450. AVA mini 4 @ $1600 and VTTR mini 6 @ $1800

all comes wif full set of brake hoses , caliper, rotor n pad.

overall nashin price of the product makes the most cost worthy but i m not sure of the quality though..

hope to see more feedback from bros here. [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Most of the affordable BBKs are manufactured in TW to different QC levels, hence the differences in price.

You could also consider D1 / D2 (can't recall which one) and K-sports. Should all be below $2k too, dependent on BBK size.

Best feedback you can ask for is from people who drive the same car model as yourself. Affordable BBKs are manufactured with a wide variety of bolt-on kits for specific car models, though rarely with intensive R&D into specific braking biases and such.

So getting comments from drivers of similar or identical cars from yours would give you the most accurate feedback toward actual real-world usability (assuming you're running correct temp brake pads, et cetera).

For instance, a certain brand's BBK may work very well on a Lancer, but badly on an Accord due to differences in brake bias calibration.

For what is it worth, I know a few industry people who receive generally positive feedback of VTTR of the TW re-brands.

Good luck in your search! [laugh]

u may wanna consider D1spec (Taiwan made) mini 6 by Fabulous going at $1388

Bro, u mentioned fabulous, is it fabulous X?

I went to view nashin bbk yesterday and find it quite solid except the rotor is not deeply slotted to create visual aesthetics. But it is a monoblock so i guess it might be better. not sure though.

Bro, u mentioned fabulous, is it fabulous X?

I went to view nashin bbk yesterday and find it quite solid except the rotor is not deeply slotted to create visual aesthetics. But it is a monoblock so i guess it might be better. not sure though.

Yes, is fabulous X & only have red color...

There is a topic on Nashin BBK, one bro commented the callipers are not anodised and its heavy.

Hi bros, hope to hear some review from you guys whether which bbk is overall better and cost worthy as title indicated..

cheers :D

y not consider oem brembos that came fitted on evo/sti . they can be priced as low as 1.7k for front calipers + rotors for a pair of used ones.

for the brake mounts you can easily get it fabricated.

Neutral Newbie

juz wondering mini 8 pot 17" can clear?

My guess is cannot. (Just a guess nia.)

Vttr's mini 6 using 303mm rotor need 16" rim, still have to see the design and offset.

Best is go down, make them work to test test, If cannot, just tell them too bad, cannot earn your $, off you go. [:p]

EDOTED: But again, if you choose to use smaller rotor, then prey maybe can fit lor...cos i got hear b4 that some on vttr mini 6 fix 286mm rotor.

Edited by Sgcop

Neutral Newbie

My guess is cannot. (Just a guess nia.)

Vttr's mini 6 using 303mm rotor need 16" rim, still have to see the design and offset.

Best is go down, make them work to test test, If cannot, just tell them too bad, cannot earn your $, off you go. [:p]

EDOTED: But again, if you choose to use smaller rotor, then prey maybe can fit lor...cos i got hear b4 that some on vttr mini 6 fix 286mm rotor.

Hi, i am using 18" rims and was thinking to upgrade to BBK. Was told that VTTR was the best for my ride (Wish 09) but not sure yet if it can fit in with my rims. May i know how do i check if it can fit in? Lastly , can u briefly explain what is the diff between mini and the the normal ones. Sorry for my ignorance.

Neutral Newbie

Hi, i am using 18" rims and was thinking to upgrade to BBK. Was told that VTTR was the best for my ride (Wish 09) but not sure yet if it can fit in with my rims. May i know how do i check if it can fit in? Lastly , can u briefly explain what is the diff between mini and the the normal ones. Sorry for my ignorance.

18" rims surely can clear BBK. Check offset too.

Neutral Newbie

18" sure go in..i think even big 6 can go in bah..

inside the calipers, you can see there are round round metal erm... dunno call what...they are used to push against your brake pads then > push to "kiap" ur roters to stop vehicle..

Mini & Normal is just the size of those round round meter thing inside caliper..

Performance wise, some say big (normal) 4 pot is almost equal to mini 6 pod. When during braking> 4 pots feel more "jiak" , 6 pots feel more progeessive.. need more braking power then step more..

Reason i heard from ppl is: 4pod calipers> oil lines only go 4 pot> when compress(step brake), the oil in brake line go to the caliper(aka to 4 pots only)..

Then when use 6 pods, same amount of oil in brake line hv to fill the 6 pod caliper, thus you need to step more to get more braking power..

My english very poor, dunno if you can understand..

Err.. at home, you use waterhose to water plants, at the tip is 4 nozzles, water pressure is stronger then when use same hose, same amount of water but through 6 nozzles.Need more water pressure then turn on the tap more..

During tracking, why some say 4 pod good, why some say 6 pod good..It depends on when the brake is applied.Inside cornet, or exiting the corner. Exp:> I going in corner, i slow down, i use 4 pod brake, i step then it very "jiak" , thus slow down more then i need, then i need to accerate more when going out of corner. Sort of spoil the momentium.

Then some say 6 pod better then 4 pod. > Leave brake pads issue aside. Now we see> oil lines more can disappate heat more then pod.(I heard from ppl, dun quote on me..)

Some ppl use 4 pod experiance moren then those on 6 pod. (Tis is i heard from ppl that always go sepang. Again, dun quote me, maybe they lie to me..lol)

EDITED:You can go fongkim (racetech) , make them work..lol.. Say i wan fix vttr, dunno can or not.. try for me...IMO, if you on 18" off set is 38 & below (tipical rims i see on road), 101% can fix vttr mini 6..cos the caliper itself is not that big, on 16" offset of 38 can fix liao wid 303mm rotor. The spokes of ur rim also play a part.. so it's best to go down let them test test.

Edited by Sgcop
↡ Advertisement