Driving w/o license - Whats the punishment?

Tarzan666

19yr/old Bro in law got license, always take father in law car at late nite w/o permission to meet friends, go out etc..kena fvck many times still do it. Till my FIL have to keep car keys with him at nite but sometimes forget to keep.

One nite, TP stop the car & found the BIL's friend (w/o license) was driving the car....both had written the statement and now awaiting further action.

Tried googling, BIL will be charged with abetting, something like dat...license give back + suspension + saman, friend = suspension + saman..

Will my Father in law kena or not?

↡ Advertisement

19yr/old Bro in law got license, always take father in law car at late nite w/o permission to meet friends, go out etc..kena fvck many times still do it. Till my FIL have to keep car keys with him at nite but sometimes forget to keep.

One nite, TP stop the car & found the BIL's friend (w/o license) was driving the car....both had written the statement and now awaiting further action.

Tried googling, BIL will be charged with abetting, something like dat...license give back + suspension + saman, friend = suspension + saman..

i am not sure abt the law.

but if i am the one writing the law, this will be my verdict:-

FIL, not guilty...

BIL, kena canning... by FIL

BIL's friend driving w/o licence, death sentence

Edited by Ericongy

That will depend if this family is an elite family

Years ago, my dad w/o license took my grandpa's car for rides.

In order to save my grandpa's license, my dad admit to stealing the car.

Grandpa has no charges and also not pressing charges to my dad.

My dad got away with a fine.

Things had changed and unlikely the above charges will ever be charged.

My buddy caught driving w/o license got a 4 years ban < 2nd offence.

BIL: Likely to have 1 year ban with license revoke.

His friend, should be also 1~2 year ban or worst, jail term.

But if both offences are the first timer, they are likely to suffer the driving ban & fines only.

FIL, should not have any charges against him as the son took his car without permission and he has no idea that his car is being mis-used.

your BIL made a mistake....

should say that he didn't know his friend did not have license...

now becomes a case of abetment...

iirc...

under sg penal code chapter V

abetment of a crime carries the same punishment as the actual offender

how come 19yo already married? any BTC beng?

FIL can tell police BIL stole the car and drove it w/o permission...double whammy.

as long as your BIL and his friend testify that your FIL entrusted car to BIL and did not know about the friend driving the car, he will not be charged.

BIL and friend. licenses revoked and banned from driving/taking license for approx 2 years. A few thousand $$$ fine each? this shd be the norm.

how come 19yo already married? any BTC beng?

FIL can tell police BIL stole the car and drove it w/o permission...double whammy.

BIL = wife's brother

Ur FIL would likely kena warning letter or saman due to negligence. Ur FIL may say that BIL took ur FIL's car w/o owner knowledge - then will be cat under stealing. This way, ur BIL hong Kan liao. If not, FIL will be implicated to a certain extend eg warning letter or fine or demerit pts.

if FIL tells police the car was driven w/o permission...FIL is SAVED from any charges.

if FIL said he gives BIL to drive but dunno about the fren,den may kenna some punishment never noe.

There was a case sometime back..

BF let gf w/o license to practice driving his car at kallang carpark. Suay2 kena caught by traffic police. I cant remember wats the offence. Trying to google it but cant find it.

Pity my father in law, hope he get away with it. My bro in law should be hanged..to teach him a lesson.

abettment isnt a cheap offence.

once my friend many years ago lend his stn mate his class 2 bike to go buy lunch. in the end his friend no class 2. only have 2B.

how he kenna catch by ROV? nvr on head lights.

friend kenna license revoke, kantong 1 year. fine 1k. his friend kantong 3yrs, fine 2k.

friend's 2B,2A,2,3 all gone.

U seem like u hated ur BIL but anyway, I remember the incident abt Kallang CP - both got banned and suspension plus fine. How long and how much, forget liao.