Grounding VS Voltage stabalizing

Roger78

==============

U can ground the engine block, autobox, firewall, ECU, throttle body, alternator, lights, horn, starter motor, AC compressor etc etc etc. (The most important is the engine block as this gives u a stronger spark at the plugs).

Just run wire back to the (-) terminal of the battery.

I believe it also helps with electrical spikes & smoothens the electricity circuit.

U can try an example. Run a short (-) wire from a bulb to the battery & a much longer wire. The shorter wire sud give a brighter light from the bulb as the current flow is shorter & smoother.

Maybe one day we should meet and exchange ideas about our grounding points. Mine around there as yours. But I am using silver coated copper wires.

↡ Advertisement

Maybe one day we should meet and exchange ideas about our grounding points. Mine around there as yours. But I am using silver coated copper wires.

============

Sure we can meet 1 day to discuss. [thumbsup]

I use the cheap heavy duty copper wire as copper has very good conductivity & is cheap compared to other good conductors like gold.

A few years ago when this grounding craze started, many pple started selling all sorts of wires like audio cables(Monster cable) etc & charged very high prices for it.

I find using the simple & cheap copper wires more than sufficient. I buy the electrical lugs for a few cents each but recently had difficulty getting them in SG. I finally managed to get them from a hardware shop in JB for abt RM0.40 each. [nod]

Grounding is just giving a cleaner & smoother flow of current so the electrical item functions best.

Recently abt 1 week after grounding, I do notice an improvement in FC from abt 11km/lit to >13km/lit. I am monitoring further to see if there is really a gain in FC?

But almost immediately after grounding, I did find the engine smoother & lights & such brighter.

There is no disadvantage to grounding other than the cost & time taken but there r advantages to varying degrees from most pple who does it.

As my cost was only abt $15 total to do it, I just went ahead & did it for my previous & present cars.

My personal experience with Grounding and Voltage Stabiliser (Pivot Blue) is quite interesting and revealing.

My ride (06 Kia Picanto) was done up with 8-point grounding. Despite that, there was a discern-able electrical buzzing noise coming from the engine. The same noise can also be heard in the cabin through the loudspeakers. The noise appeared when I turned the key to Batt.

When I installed the VS, the noise was dramatically reduced, to the point that I need to put my ear very close to the engine in order to hear the buzz, and even then it was very soft. Obviously, there is no noise in the cabin via the loudspeakers.

So, whether the VS improved power or not, I'm not sure. But what is certain is that it is very useful and effective in removing electrical noise, and for that I'm very happy to have bought it. :D

My personal experience with Grounding and Voltage Stabiliser (Pivot Blue) is quite interesting and revealing.

My ride (06 Kia Picanto) was done up with 8-point grounding. Despite that, there was a discern-able electrical buzzing noise coming from the engine. The same noise can also be heard in the cabin through the loudspeakers. The noise appeared when I turned the key to Batt.

When I installed the VS, the noise was dramatically reduced, to the point that I need to put my ear very close to the engine in order to hear the buzz, and even then it was very soft. Obviously, there is no noise in the cabin via the loudspeakers.

So, whether the VS improved power or not, I'm not sure. But what is certain is that it is very useful and effective in removing electrical noise, and for that I'm very happy to have bought it. :D

=============

Yes. Electrical "noise" is basically interference & poor electrical connections. U smoothen this out & the noise goes away.

But u sud not have had any "noise" from your Ice in the 1st place. Maybe the installation was not well done?

Perhaps. The sound was present since day 1 when I got the car. Did not do anything to the ICE, except to add component speakers (front) and an underseat active sub. Anyway, was glad that I could finally get rid of the noise ^_^

Perhaps. The sound was present since day 1 when I got the car. Did not do anything to the ICE, except to add component speakers (front) and an underseat active sub. Anyway, was glad that I could finally get rid of the noise ^_^

=============

I was thinking of adding an underseat active sub.

Is it really good? I saw it selling for abt $180 at Autobaccs.

Is it easy to install? My current system is very stock & basic 4 speaker system with abt 20 watts per channel I think.

Is there a better & cheaper model u can recommend me. My budget is not high. I just want some added bass to my stock system. It comes with its own amp, right? Does it drain a lot of power from my battery?

Sorry so many questions but I noob on ICE.

============

I use the cheap heavy duty copper wire as copper has very good conductivity & is cheap compared to other good conductors like gold.

A few years ago when this grounding craze started, many pple started selling all sorts of wires like audio cables(Monster cable) etc & charged very high prices for it.

I find using the simple & cheap copper wires more than sufficient. I buy the electrical lugs for a few cents each but recently had difficulty getting them in SG. I finally managed to get them from a hardware shop in JB for abt RM0.40 each. [nod]

Grounding is just giving a cleaner & smoother flow of current so the electrical item functions best.

Recently abt 1 week after grounding, I do notice an improvement in FC from abt 11km/lit to >13km/lit. I am monitoring further to see if there is really a gain in FC?

But almost immediately after grounding, I did find the engine smoother & lights & such brighter.

There is no disadvantage to grounding other than the cost & time taken but there r advantages to varying degrees from most pple who does it.

As my cost was only abt $15 total to do it, I just went ahead & did it for my previous & present cars.

U stil can get the lugs from sim lim tower bro. Ard 20 cents a piece.

=============

I was thinking of adding an underseat active sub.

Is it really good? I saw it selling for abt $180 at Autobaccs.

Is it easy to install? My current system is very stock & basic 4 speaker system with abt 20 watts per channel I think.

Is there a better & cheaper model u can recommend me. My budget is not high. I just want some added bass to my stock system. It comes with its own amp, right? Does it drain a lot of power from my battery?

Sorry so many questions but I noob on ICE.

Autobacs is expensive. A lot of stuff selling at premier price.

Go to www.sgsoundsystem.com. Some of the 2nd hand items are in pretty good condition at attractive pricing.

============

Actually you won't go wrong with silver or copper wires.

But due to cost factor, I have not seen silver wires being used for grounding yet.

U stil can get the lugs from sim lim tower bro. Ard 20 cents a piece.

===============

I tried there last month at the shop in the basement that sells car stuff but they said they dont have anymore.

I even tried several hardware shops which used to have it & all said "no more"????

I think all were bought up by those shops who sell "special" grounding cables. [:(]

Anyway I already managed to get from a hardware shop at Larkin JB. Cost abt same at RM0.40 ea.

Autobacs is expensive. A lot of stuff selling at premier price.

Go to www.sgsoundsystem.com. Some of the 2nd hand items are in pretty good condition at attractive pricing.

=============

Thanks but I really a NOOB on ICE so dont know what to look out for when buying. Wait I get the wrong stuff then cannot use. :wacko:

Actually you won't go wrong with silver or copper wires.

But due to cost factor, I have not seen silver wires being used for grounding yet.

==============

Yes as I mentioned, cost is the factor.

Copper is cheap & good. No need for those "special" stuff that some shops r trying to sell. I think they r just gimmicks only.

==============

Yes as I mentioned, cost is the factor.

Copper is cheap & good. No need for those "special" stuff that some shops r trying to sell. I think they r just gimmicks only.

Fully agreed with you. No need for special stuff.

In fact, some of those special stuff if put in hor may risk shortening the battery's life.

=============

Thanks but I really a NOOB on ICE so dont know what to look out for when buying. Wait I get the wrong stuff then cannot use. :wacko:

Hahaha! We really then have to meet up.

Actually, a good investment would be trading in your stock speakers for an entry level speakers. That matters the most and makes the biggest difference...No need to add this add that....

Fully agreed with you. No need for special stuff.

In fact, some of those special stuff if put in hor may risk shortening the battery's life.

==============

Exactly.

Last time I try this & try that to get more power. More economy. More everything.

But in reality the only more I got was more rubbish. Hahaha. [laugh]

And also some of the stuff they sell can actually cause harm to the car. One good example I used b4 was Teflon(PTFE) for adding to the engine oil. Damaged 1 bike & 2 car engines b4 I realised thet it was damaging the engines.

Later it was exposed as a big NO NO but by then was too late. Spent $$$ & damaged the engines already. [mad]

Edited by Pisces69

Hahaha! We really then have to meet up.

Actually, a good investment would be trading in your stock speakers for an entry level speakers. That matters the most and makes the biggest difference...No need to add this add that....

===============

What wud u say wil b the price of 4 decent entry level speakers?

My system is Blaupaunk. Came orig with car I think.

==============

Exactly.

Last time I try this & try that to get more power. More economy. More everything.

But in reality the only more I got was more rubbish. Hahaha. [laugh]

And also some of the stuff they sell can actually cause harm to the car. One good example I used b4 was Teflon(PTFE) for adding to the engine oil. Damaged 1 bike & 2 car engines b4 I realised thet it was damaging the engines.

Later it was exposed as a big NO NO but by then was too late. Spent $$$ & damaged the engines already. [mad]

I tried that before when I was new to the car scene. After running for 100m, the engine felt smooth and quiet but deep in my heart, I felt very uneasy. Immediately, went for an OCI after that. Did not regret my decision after hearing reviews from other friends.

These days, I will keep everything stock or OEM except for brakes and suspension (due to my thrashing of the car) where I will go for improvements or upgrades.

===============

What wud u say wil b the price of 4 decent entry level speakers?

My system is Blaupaunk. Came orig with car I think.

Pricing for a set would be around S$100-S$200. Upgrading the front set, in my opinion, would be good enough.

↡ Advertisement