Condemnation of Buddhism by Rony Tan

Berncsp76

Another of the so-called Healer of the world....mentioned Jesus existed before Buddha...mocking at a temple assistant, monk and nun...

Anyone saw the video on youtube?

In the video, Paster Rony Tan made the following outrageous and false claims. [mad]

1.He claimed that Buddhism is demonic.

2.He rubbished Buddhism concept of reincarnation.

3.He claimed that Buddhism engaged in David Copperfield trickery.

4. He put false words into the mouth of a dying Buddha.

He claimed that the dying Buddha's last words was "I am still searching for the way."

5. He then claimed that Jesus appeared and told Buddha that "I am the way."

This man is very dangerous for peace and harmony in this world. We must put a stop to these selfishly destructive people.

This trend of evangelical Christians falsifying other religious teachings, mocking and denegrading other religious teachings in order to grow their memberships is uncalled for. If there's no control over this, other pastors might engage in similar denegrading of other religious teachings like him. The government must put a stop to these fanatical religious extremism in Singapore be it Islam, Christian, Buddhism or any other religions.

What's the use of apologising in his own website claiming his insensitivity over Buddhism and Taoism? Solemnly promise not to do it again?Lame..

PASTOR RONY TAN, YOU ARE BEING WATCHED BY ISD... [rifle]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnJS81rxHQM...player_embedded

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Another of the so-called Healer of the world....mentioned Jesus existed before Buddha...mocking at a temple assistant, monk and nun...

Anyone saw the video on youtube?

In the video, Paster Rony Tan made the following outrageous and false claims. [mad]

1.He claimed that Buddhism is demonic.

2.He rubbished Buddhism concept of reincarnation.

3.He claimed that Buddhism engaged in David Copperfield trickery.

4. He put false words into the mouth of a dying Buddha.

He claimed that the dying Buddha's last words was "I am still searching for the way."

5. He then claimed that Jesus appeared and told Buddha that "I am the way."

This man is very dangerous for peace and harmony in this world. We must put a stop to these selfishly destructive people.

This trend of evangelical Christians falsifying other religious teachings, mocking and denegrading other religious teachings in order to grow their memberships is uncalled for. If there's no control over this, other pastors might engage in similar denegrading of other religious teachings like him. The government must put a stop to these fanatical religious extremism in Singapore be it Islam, Christian, Buddhism or any other religions.

What's the use of apologising in his own website claiming his insensitivity over Buddhism and Taoism? Solemnly promise not to do it again?Lame..

PASTOR RONY TAN, YOU ARE BEING WATCHED BY ISD... [rifle]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnJS81rxHQM...player_embedded

hahaha, he should call himself pasta instead of pastor.

I have people like that in my workplace. I have nothing against any religion but when someone starts blasting other religion and promoting his, that only tells me how "Saint" he is which will further prevent me from going to his place of worship. To me every religion is good, but the people promoting it may be the devil.

Fricking waste of time. Sunday can be better spent than listening to this guy talk. [sleeping][sleeping][sleeping]

IMO, dun be too obsessed with religion.

Edited by Fcw75

I have people like that in my workplace. I have nothing against any religion but when someone starts blasting other religion and promoting his, that only tells me how "Saint" he is which will further prevent me from going to his place of worship. To me every religion is good, but the people promoting it may be the devil.

Those followers from one particular religion always brainwash n wanna convert others, i seldom see other followers from other religion doing that. Agree with u, those teaching this religion to their follower ought to do some soul searching n correct their action.

chill people.

we actually shouldn't talk about it anymore.

he is just one mistake out of so many other who were innocent.

i am a christian myself.

i am not defending but i just think that we shouldn't add to this.

lets just bury the hatchet okay?

i apologize on behalf of him okay? dun angry la bro. :D

Those followers from one particular religion always brainwash n wanna convert others, i seldom see other followers from other religion doing that. Agree with u, those teaching this religion to their follower ought to do some soul searching n correct their action.

its just certain church that does that. not all. my church dont. we respect all other religion. :D

Sorry no cure. Can ISD lock him up for one year under sedition act? If he gets away with just a sorry, I wonder if other cults or religions will start to do the same, without repercussions? [:/]

I agree, I have christian friends who are also like you, I remember a quote by him once which till now I still remember although I am not one, everyone can be a christian but not everyone can be a disciple of god. I agree with him that there are lots of Christians out there but few disciples.

the more people they have in the church, the more tith they can get. then they can have higher pay.

i also think these religions are reacting to developments in the US, and middle east, becoming more extreme, more militant, and absolutist. just like bush, "either you are with us or against us". even neutrals are made into enemies.

people like them just make the world a more dangerous place. ignorant, foolish, superstitous, self-deluding and self-righteous.

Edited by Nolicense

Sorry no cure. Can ISD lock him up for one year under sedition act? If he gets away with just a sorry, I wonder if other cults or religions will start to do the same, without repercussions? [:/]

[thumbsup]

He himself as a senior pastor should know what to say and what not to say. Sommore in such a big evanglism...

but anyway buddhists are benevolent people, wun stir any religious tension among us.

Only hope that there wun be anymore such self-centered people around...