Condemnation of Buddhism by Rony Tan

Berncsp76

i am thinking of switching jobs...what are the requirements for pastor..pay good?

What do you think???

If I remember correctly, a certain church has numerous properties under the pastor's name especially in the east.

And the long term leasing of venues at the Rock auditorium every sundays...any comments? :huh:

↡ Advertisement

This stupid lady, chinese but say refuse to learn chinese and refuse to speak properly. [thumbsdown]

Lots of them nowadays what which we called them Yellow Bananas (yellow outside, white inside).

My Ah ma call them "Geh Ang Mos" [laugh]

Currently which super country is the most richest now which bought over debts of the US govenment??

given his age and the degree of hatred he incites against other religion, he deserved to be charge under the sedition act more than the 3 youths hauled up last week and another 2 hauled up 2006

given his age and the degree of hatred he incites against other religion, he deserved to be charge under the sedition act more than the 3 youths hauled up last week and another 2 hauled up 2006

I think this is uncalled for. We do not know him personally let us not jump to conclusion that he got hatred against other religion. This could just be a slip of tongue in a sermon as his comment are likely to had come in a instinct as its likely not to be in his prepare sermon notes.

Have you read through all the whole bible? it did mentino that my God is more powerful than yours.

As for the close door thing, what is wrong if he is teaching base on the basic bible truth/knowledge?

Its like the current pope, i respect him even though he is constantly bash(even though he mention that protestian christian is only 1/2 christian). At least he dare to stand out and say his view which is inline to catholic belief rather than given out a politically correct view.

Anyway, let close this thread before it become too sensitive.

This discussion is healthy if we stand clear of the edge. Have you seen God? How do you subscribe to "my God is more powerful than yours"?

As far as I know, the Bible is a collection of scriptures. Its based on what is remembered and passed down through interpretation.

Have you read through all the whole bible? it did mentino that my God is more powerful than yours.

As for the close door thing, what is wrong if he is teaching base on the basic bible truth/knowledge?

Its like the current pope, i respect him even though he is constantly bash(even though he mention that protestian christian is only 1/2 christian). At least he dare to stand out and say his view which is inline to catholic belief rather than given out a politically correct view.

Anyway, let close this thread before it become too sensitive.

Nope I din read and would not bother, coz I am not even a Christian. I am a freethinker although I follow my parents/seniors go to temples.

What i meant is that behind the teachings, we should respect other religions just as the same as respect for other races, and not for the degrading so as to claim that "my religion is more powerful than yours", or "my race is more powerful than yours".

If he is really teaching the true facts of the bible then I have no qualms about it but it the truth is twisted then I am strongly against it.

There are so many religions and so many races in this world. You dun expect everyone to have the same belief.

Currently most if not all bros here are quite cool on this matter btw as we know what is correct and what is wrong.

i don't agree with this logic that must know him personally before prosecuting him or commenting about him. does the police know personally the other 5 people that were charged? on a personal level, i always think the benefit of the doubt should be given and that goes to the other 5 that were charged in the past. but if you ask me to compare the deeds of this 5 against him, I think they are a tad better because they are all youths and age is a fairly good indicator of maturity.

in any case, he doesn't know buddhists and buddhism personally and yet he criticised them vitriocally. so why should he be entitled tolerance when others criticise him?

Edited by Acemundo

I think this is uncalled for. We do not know him personally let us not jump to conclusion that he got hatred against other religion. This could just be a slip of tongue in a sermon as his comment are likely to had come in a instinct as its likely not to be in his prepare sermon notes.

Guess ISD have to invite him back for kopi to know him better [:p] Anyway, he should be responsible for his speech whether or not he did it intentionally or unintentionally. Religion topics is sensitive here.

Lucky for Rony, he might get away with it without any sedatious charges.

Rony is lucky because he chosed a peaceful religion as talking point.

Neutral Newbie

Nope I din read and would not bother, coz I am not even a Christian. I am a freethinker although I follow my parents/seniors go to temples.

What i meant is that behind the teachings, we should respect other religions just as the same as respect for other races, and not for the degrading so as to claim that "my religion is more powerful than yours", or "my race is more powerful than yours".

If he is really teaching the true facts of the bible then I have no qualms about it but it the truth is twisted then I am strongly against it.

There are so many religions and so many races in this world. You dun expect everyone to have the same belief.

Currently most if not all bros here are quite cool on this matter btw as we know what is correct and what is wrong.

These religious people deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of theirs. The Theory of Evolution on the other hand is a FACT. The burden of proof always rests with the person asserting the claim.

Yeah but it was after the emails and uploads of the videos that he realised that he has "slip his tongue"? remember the video was uploaded in his website which I believe he has viewed it over and over.

It was after the ISD was involved that he pushed for the videos to be deleted from his website and apologised there ONLY.

If the comments are not to a certain religion but to a certain person, he wouls be SUED FOR SLANDER.

Remember what happened to FAR EAST ECONOMIC REVIEW matter? just to cite an example.

Until now at least the Buddhist Association is calm on this matter and not asking for a public apology in the papers or such.

Lots of them nowadays what which we called them Yellow Bananas (yellow outside, white inside).

My Ah ma call them "Geh Ang Mos" [laugh]

Currently which super country is the most richest now which bought over debts of the US govenment??

once a very ulu country which 10+ years ago people dont even bother want to visit [laugh]

and now a super powerhouse who consitently manage positive growth..damn solid [laugh]

Supercharged

Be careful of those stand-alone non-demoninational churches....

they are not accountable to a higher authority so sometimes they can suka suka preach and do things that are not very right.....

This discussion is healthy if we stand clear of the edge. Have you seen God? How do you subscribe to "my God is more powerful than yours"?

As far as I know, the Bible is a collection of scriptures. Its based on what is remembered and passed down through interpretation.

Like i say it is writen in the bible.

for the rest, i dont think it is debatable here with out it been getting over the edge. Hence i rather we dont continue.

upload a video = slip of the tongue

then those youths charged in the past can claim slip of the finger also

Agree, for a man of his age/experience, he should jolly well know what is ok and what is not. [rifle]

i don't agree with this logic that must know him personally before prosecuting him or commenting about him. does the police know personally the other 5 people that were charged? on a personal level, i always think the benefit of the doubt should be given and that goes to the other 5 that were charged in the past. but if you ask me to compare the deeds of this 5 against him, I think they are a tad better because they are all youths and age is a fairly good indicator of maturity.

in any case, he doesn't know buddhists and buddhism personally and yet he criticised them vitriocally. so why should he be entitled tolerance when others criticise him?

I got no problem if you want to prosecute him.

But what i mean is you do not know him enough to give a sweeping remark that he haterd other religion alot.

↡ Advertisement