Car no power always kanna bully

Verve

wonder if its me or is this really the case

now that i changed to a smaller cc 1.4 korean car, always get this.

like today

kept to middle lane cos got taxi bay at left lane (always blocked by taxi)

need to turn 150m after taxi lane, signal early left while in middle lane.

stupid uncle driving a presage 2.5 think he is vip, purposely speed up to just behind my backside to prevent me from filtering,

i indicate my intentions (havent i already done it few secs ago with my signal) by vering slightly to left.

he still come closer, if i let him go, then i will completely miss the turn.

in the end, i have to press horn, gesture and floor accelerator

damn uncle, have to curse him on cny.

and this aint the first such incident.

didnt happen as much when i was driving a 1.6

↡ Advertisement

bot turbo insurance increase, fc increase, wear and tear increase, maintenance increase. costs of bot, in the end better off buying a turbo car in first place.

anyway thread is about whether smaller cc cars also face the same as me.

bot turbo insurance increase, fc increase, wear and tear increase, maintenance increase. costs of bot, in the end better off buying a turbo car in first place.

anyway thread is about whether smaller cc cars also face the same as me.

i agree, but then you can't prevent this from happening.

You cannot change the way people think.

That day got a Chery QQ tried to bully me also, i just let it go.....

Slow and steady more important...

I always tell myself that maybe the person bullying me is in a hurry to rush to the loo or something.......

no point racing it out...

Agreed that sometimes power is needed to make certain manoeuvres in order to go your path. Fortunately, sg traffic is still better than boleh land and Thailand and Shanghai.

I guess sometimes really have to suck thumb and keep to the correct lane way way earlier than necessary if you foresee a problem later.

like today

stupid uncle driving a presage 2.5 think he is vip, purposely speed up to just behind my backside to prevent me from filtering,

i indicate my intentions (havent i already done it few secs ago with my signal) by vering slightly to left.

i notice today there is more cars on the road and lesser people are willing to give way even though its CNY 1st day....wonder where all the graciousness has gone to...btw its survivor of the fittest, if ur car is slower, bound to be eaten...

ITs like that one. Thats why I always said you need some power on the road. Its not about going fast. Its acceleration for easy overtaking and changing lanes. Just drop in a supercharger and run 0.5 bar boost......

not only no-power car.. my car is slightly better power (325coupe.) but i still get this. i enter PIE from tampines, got this yellow sonata cab so far away when i spot him before i enter expressway and quite slow, when im entering, he sped up so fast and slow down on the 3rd lane, where cars from smaller roads merge into. he was on 2nd lane earlier.

damn. i accelerated hard becuz maybe i thought he wanna smell my exhaust on CNY.

i think everywhere u go, also like that one.. but i agree that smaller / less powerful cars are more susceptible to this kind of stupid behaviour by ignorant drivers.

Edited by Extramint

thats why manual car comes in handy during this type of situation..

sometimes u must be just daring to cut into ppl's lane if not u got no chance to...sometimes if i signal and wanna change lane, ppl can just purposely accelerate horn/high beam u...of cos not suddenly cut in, and give them troubles la...sometimes i just cut in and show them some hand signs if i'm freaking pissed

manual cars are harder to drive you know...

when you see a joker motorist tryin to keep up to your arse, you still have to look out for opportunity to sneak in the smallest gap possible to join motorway traffic...

driving a manual car, still gotta drop a gear or two...that means shifting gears, and doin the clutchin action...

tad boleh tahan...haiz...

better to drive a more powerful 2.0L auto car...just floor the accelerator as and when you need the power...

from now on, please filter to the left in advanced (>150m) if you intended to make a left turn.

you need to know your car's abilities instead of blaming others not giving you a way to turn.

so, stick to the left lane as soon as possible instead of keeping in the middle lane.

if you do that, you will not be facing this trouble anymore.

got my point? =p

happy lunar new year.~

like today

erm...actually 1.4 and 1.6 , not too much diff right?

manual cars are harder to drive you know...

when you see a joker motorist tryin to keep up to your arse, you still have to look out for opportunity to sneak in the smallest gap possible to join motorway traffic...

driving a manual car, still gotta drop a gear or two...that means shifting gears, and doin the clutchin action...

tad boleh tahan...haiz...

better to drive a more powerful 2.0L auto car...just floor the accelerator as and when you need the power...

Driving manual should be 2nd nature, no need to even think what to do.

just go to your lane earlier, so even when other drivers play stunt with you, you still have sufficient time and distance to react, either to

1) slow down and filter in by letting the driver pass you first or

2) you play stunt with the driver (which is discouraged as that would make you a stunt driver too)

Read the road situation well, sometimes may not really be other drivers not willing to let you pass, but the driver could have already gain much speed from accelerating from your lane to lane one before you signal, so it's alkso hard for them to slow down,

Read the situation well and one will not be too bothered with such actions.

Everyone has a destination to reach, the arrival time and mode makes the difference.

Most drivers are still reasonable, unless it's a queue cutter, there will still be many drivers who will not honk or high beam you, unless you are posing a risk to them.

Happy Year of Tiger

yes, no so much in difference [pirate]

but in a short distance of 15Om [bigcry] to make a left turn in traffic situation making differences [knife]

Gong Xi Fa Cai every body yar.........

This is always the case in SG. TS no choice lar, live with it. I never encounter this when I am up north. Normally when you signal there, the car will automatically slow down for you to change lane. I enjoy driving in boleh land much more than SG.

Neutral Newbie

No matter what car you drive, if you drive slowly, sure kenna bully by impatient drivers one lah, regardless of cc or power lah.

I drive my 210hp car slowly, relaxing also kenna bully, tailgate, etc.

from now on, please filter to the left in advanced (>150m) if you intended to make a left turn.

you need to know your car's abilities instead of blaming others not giving you a way to turn.

so, stick to the left lane as soon as possible instead of keeping in the middle lane.

if you do that, you will not be facing this trouble anymore.

got my point? =p

happy lunar new year.~

exactly.. car slow then driver muz b fast if not sure kena makan

↡ Advertisement